ADVERTISEMENT

Names that have been thrown out so far for OC

vegasgreed

Assistant Coach
Sep 8, 2003
thought it would be interesting to see if we get the OC right. I will list some names that have been called out so far.

For the names I forgot, add the names to this list.

First go round, nobody had Chaney.
Second go round, nobody had Canada until he was fired.

So, here are the names so far...

Beck
Roushar(sp?)

The only names are panther-lair members and their speculation.

I saw the college coaches meeting is today through the next few days. Narduzzi will name oc by end of week I bet

The majority of coaching openings have been filled before these meetings. With that said, I said yesterday our opening should be filled prior to recruiting in house visits opens back up which is either wed or thur. morning.

I saw the college coaches meeting is today through the next few days. Narduzzi will name oc by end of week I bet[/QUOTE]

I hope he just doesn't settle this time for someone who will just stay,I would love an up and coming guy who busts his butt recruiting

Winning programs hire the best candidate. Period. They are not worried if the guy will leave in two years or 4 years. Nobody can predict the future.

One trend I've seen more this off season, the top assistant guys are getting multi year guarantees.

Reactions: Jpripper88
Winning programs hire the best candidate. Period. They are not worried if the guy will leave in two years or 4 years. Nobody can predict the future.

One trend I've seen more this off season, the top assistant guys are getting multi year guarantees.

Regardless of money as well. We have a million to hire a top flight one

Forgot about Enos. He's added. It will be interesting to see if we land on the guy.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Warinner is the name. So many on here was bashing beck and the entire OSU offense.

Urban made his major changes already. He's hired 2 offensive guys already, last I heard Warinner got demoted from OC but still remaining on staff.

Right, Wilson is the second of the offensive guys I mentioned that were hired. If he was hired here, there would be a lot back tracking by posters on this board.

I'll be honest, I don't know who 90% of these guys are. They just better not bring in some clown that wants to run a spread pass happy offense. What the person's name is and what they make is irrelevant. Just run a power run first offense.

None of the names mentioned run the spread,but not many of the ones mentioned would be a big hire

Narduzzi wants to run the ball.

I'll be honest, I don't know who 90% of these guys are. They just better not bring in some clown that wants to run a spread pass happy offense. What the person's name is and what they make is irrelevant. Just run a power run first offense.

I'd like to see us come as close as possible to duplicating what we did under Canada. It really was the best and most imaginative use of the personnel we had to work with. We don't have the talent to be too conventional or predictable on offense when we play the better teams with more physical defensive fronts on our schedule. Your basic spread is no better.

Wilson would have been great but it was not in the cards.

I haven't heard anything about Ciarrocca joining Fleck at Minnesota, however, it's been rumored that some assistants are making the move with him. Fleck made $800K this year, so I would think Ciarrocca would be in the $200-300K range. A hefty pay raise at Pitt could lure him away.

I haven't heard anything about Ciarrocca joining Fleck at Minnesota, however, it's been rumored that some assistants are making the move with him. Fleck made $800K this year, so I would think Ciarrocca would be in the $200-300K range. A hefty pay raise at Pitt could lure him away.
He's a spread guy. I don't see it. Plus, he's probably the front runner to take over for Fleck at WMU.

it wouldn't surprise me if the oc & one or two defensive coaches are added. i've mentioned before, need another recruiter or two. wouldn't be surprised if the oc is also a "recruiter".

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
Okay all college games are over so hopefully we hear some news shortly on the OC......unless he is coming from one of the NFL teams that are still playing ( Van Pelt ?)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT