ADVERTISEMENT

Official Fire Narduzzi Thread

agree and in typical pitt fashion Ohio is the favorite to win the Mac the year we play them you can't make this shit up Pitt has no luck at all.

If they beat I guarantee we will have posters on here pining for 74 year old Frank Solich to be the next Pitt coach. After all he was born in Johnstown, shouldn’t that be enough?

I don’t think it’s the coaching.
At this point unless they lost like 10 or 12 guys to injury its all the coaching. PN owns any results from this point onward. I don't really like the direction we are heading(excluding this current recruiting class and whipple) and I was never high on the PN hire since the beginning but He won't and shouldn't be fired after this season. To me he gets 2020 but if this year is 4-8 then 2020 has to be at least 8 wins in the regular season. 8-5 after a bowl win still gets him axed, unless this season results in a 7 or more wins.

The qb along with everything else on this team is his fault. He is the head coach and 7 wins is not decent. It's mediocre.
For Pitt 8-4,8-4,5-7 and 7-5 is decent. Even with a 5-7 record this year its not horrible, but is trending downward. If thats the situation then he has to have a very good year in 2020 or he should be fired, he won't be if he goes say 7-5 but he should be. By big year I mean 8 or 9 minimum

I don’t see it for Pickett. I don’t think what he lacks can be coached up. He just doesn’t have it. But maybe it will be someone else.

I don’t think Duzz is going anywhere either. But if they really lay an egg it may force the hand. I thought Stallings would get another year just because of his contract but I was as wrong as could be.
Patti(unlikely), Beville, Picket or someone thats not on the roster yet. still all three QB's on the roster will be back and likely better, doesn't mean they will be good enough, but they will be better. Only place they will likely be worse is WR. The schedule gets easier OOC looks like it should instead of the rediculous shit we had last year with 3 top 10 teams. If PN can't get 8 or 9 wins, not counting the bowl he should be fired the second the season is over.

If they beat I guarantee we will have posters on here pining for 74 year old Frank Solich to be the next Pitt coach. After all he was born in Johnstown, shouldn’t that be enough?
My brother goes to Ohio, and he told me that the Bobcats have a very weak secondary, except Pickett has no accuracy when throwing the ball deep and probably will overthrow his targets regardless

Reactions: Rayz5089
Pitt football is unwatchable. There is nothing redeeming about this team or program. Start over.
There is no starting over. There aren't high draft choices for losers. There are no salary caps, no free agents. It is damn tough to win and even tougher to maintain it. It takes sustained commitment. We don't have that at any level (fans, alumni, donors, players, coaches, administrators). Fine. Fire him but who do you replace him with. Remember, ever year for the past 80 years, at least 4-5 programs that are better than us and several that are our equal always enter the head coach market. WE AREN'T GOING TO SIGN A GOOD COACH!

No.

He has a good class coming in and his buyout is too big. He isnt a bad coach. Just needs more talent as that anonymous ACC coach said. Unless he goes like 1-11 or 2-10, which isnt going to happen, he is safe.

He probably gets 2020 unless they go something like 3-9; 2-10. (Which can happen)

If they go 5-7 or 6-7 he gets one more year.

The fact remains that the program is worse now than when he took over. He has had 5 years and the team has regressed
And attendance will stink if he looks inept against Penn State and UCF.

Pitt is not going to fire a head coach who goes to bowl games most years. Pederson did that and it was a disaster. Narduzzi has to have two putrid seasons in a row before they do something like that. They are banking on him having one breakout (ranked) season in the next 3-5 years and the rest of the time to be good enough to make bowls and challenge for the weak coastal crown.

This is the reason I was against Pitt extending (and upgrading his pay) after that 5-7 season two years ago. You just don't reward mediocrity. He is definitely not worth his 3+ million salary. I agree with the other posters, he is here for 2-3 more years unless total collapse.

Close is ticking. Heather has shown that she does not tolerate mediocrity. The team should not look this poorly prepared in year 5.
Lyke has a tennis team racket mounted on her wall behind her desk for all the coaches to see.

Anything 6-6 or worse and he can take Wif-fle with him.
I hope CoachesReadTheseBoards.

Last edited:
This is the reason I was against Pitt extending (and upgrading his pay) after that 5-7 season two years ago. You just don't reward mediocrity. He is definitely not worth his 3+ million salary. I agree with the other posters, he is here for 2-3 more years unless total collapse.

That Miami game might end up being the most costly win in Pitt history. Didn't help recruiting, and it married us to a mediocre coach and quarterback for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
I’m not seeing this optimism for the defense.
We just had a very pedestrian offense score 30 on us.

Ucf and penn state are going to boat race us- again
All their TDs were set up by bad turnovers on a short field. I won’t sit here and play the if game but a terrible drop by Mack set up the 2nd Int catching that like he should at least eliminates that. They were also on the field a ton especially in the beginning of the game as it took our offense forever to pick up a first down.

Perkins threw off his back foot all night and really didn’t do much if he didn’t have a short field.

I thought the defense looked pretty good. Offense on the other hand... different story.

Ucf and penn state are going to boat race us- again

The defense played well in spurts. They also gave up how many back-breaking third and longs in the first drive of the second half? That's where the tone of the game shifted.

Those one-on-one matchups, where it looks like civilization is a hundred miles away from the two guys competing for the ball, are always going to happen under Narduzzi. I've always thought you're making it way too easy for the other team by playing that style. You don't make their quarterback read the field at all (look how much ours struggles doing that). It's tough for a college qb to scan the field for a one-on-one matchup sometimes, and we're volunteering it. And if your defensive backs aren't up to the task, you're screwed. We have three decent upperclassmen at corner now (and, as we saw last night, even they get beat quite a bit), but I haven't heard very much noise about what's behind them. Do we revert back to 2016's pass defense after next year?

The defense played well in spurts. They also gave up how many back-breaking third and longs in the first drive of the second half? That's where the tone of the game shifted.

Those one-on-one matchups, where it looks like civilization is a hundred miles away from the two guys competing for the ball, are always going to happen under Narduzzi. I've always thought you're making it way too easy for the other team by playing that style. You don't make their quarterback read the field at all (look how much ours struggles doing that). It's tough for a college qb to scan the field for a one-on-one matchup sometimes, and we're volunteering it. And if your defensive backs aren't up to the task, you're screwed. We have three decent upperclassmen at corner now (and, as we saw last night, even they get beat quite a bit), but I haven't heard very much noise about what's behind them. Do we revert back to 2016's pass defense after next year?
That’s what’s sticking with me

Game still in doubt and giving up 3rd and long s.

Cornerbacks and worse safeties on an island- just not locating the ball.

Uva played safe and conservative- and their qb is mediocre at best-

And yet-
We couldn’t stop them time and again

I think our defense will finish the season something like top 25-30 nationally. Considering our revenue, attendance, and recruiting are below that, I would say it's a strength. Pitt football is probably never going to be like top 10 under this economic model of the sport, so gotta be realistic.

The offensive talent level is a much bigger concern year five for me. Whipple didn't call a bad game, they just didn't look like players who execute.

Reactions: odshowtime
Typical yinzers over reacting to a poor qb
Only typical when you see the same crap game after game. Every single time they have an opportunity to take a step forward they screw it up. Is that a yinzer comment? Their QB play has been crap since he has taken over as well as the team.

No.

He has a good class coming in and his buyout is too big. He isnt a bad coach. Just needs more talent as that anonymous ACC coach said. Unless he goes like 1-11 or 2-10, which isnt going to happen, he is safe.

Lol. You are a joke. You were the absolute loudest about criticizing Dixon for “only” winning 20 games and making the tournament but you want to keep narduzzi?

And he shouldn't..
Every dog has it’s day
I think our defense will finish the season something like top 25-30 nationally. Considering our revenue, attendance, and recruiting are below that, I would say it's a strength. Pitt football is probably never going to be like top 10 under this economic model of the sport, so gotta be realistic.

The offensive talent level is a much bigger concern year five for me. Whipple didn't call a bad game, they just didn't look like players who execute.

Unfortunately your opinion is shared by Pitt admin and why clowns like Narduzzi can extort 3 million dollars a year from these incompetent fools.

That Miami game might end up being the most costly win in Pitt history. Didn't help recruiting, and it married us to a mediocre coach and quarterback for the foreseeable future.
This is true. I agree. Narduzzi is obsessed to the point of utter delusion by that single game two years ago (that meant totally nothing).

Duz has literally lost his mind as far as the quarterback position ever since that game.

Hey, the kid did a nice job that day (mostly with his feet, not his arm) and it was a good win... but he's totally sucked ever since. Last night showed he absolutely has learned nothing. All the wheel route throws at the feet. The overthrows on the post (except the one time he did need to over throw, and didn't). Even the catastrophic drop by Mack, that everyone is blaming for the entire loss, also was a poor throw (though the guy definitely needed to catch it).

The panic at the slightest pressure. Always bolting and immediate cutting off 50% of his options. Inability to step up in a pocket. All of that the same as last year. Passing whisperer OC? Manning camp? Zero difference.

All one can say that's positive is that he can scramble a bit effectively. But that is totally all. A good solid completion is still a fluke, a shock. That shouldn't be true of any QB, let alone a 3rd year guy.

Enough evidence has been shown. Verdict is clear.

The coach refuses to deal with it. At all. Wont even consider opening the job.

So indeed, that game is absolutely is haunting us.

Last edited:

Ucf and penn state are going to boat race us- again.

Agree. No turnovers, no making stops on key drives..
It shows how far our expectations have dropped when we think this unit is a good defense.

We have enough sample size to fair evaluate Narduzzi. He is an average coach at best. Start over.

That’s what’s sticking with me

Game still in doubt and giving up 3rd and long s.

Cornerbacks and worse safeties on an island- just not locating the ball.

Uva played safe and conservative- and their qb is mediocre at best-

And yet-
We couldn’t stop them time and again
The front 7 looked very good and got good pressure in the first half. Camp went out early in the second and we never laid a finger on Perkins again.

The secondary struggled to cover all game with the exception of Mathis. He was easily the best covering DB we put on the field last night. Our starting corners had their hands all,over the UVA receivers on every route but fortunately the refs were letting it go. Perkins is not a great thrower and UVA’s WRs are pedestrian or it could have been way worse for the D in the second half.

The blocked punt, turnovers and quick 3 and outs killed the D. The last UVA TD after we went 4 and out from our own 25 was just a gimme.

Overall, the D played well enough. The O put them in an impossible position.

The D needs to make some plays and force some turnovers. Amazing that nobody thought to knock the ball out of Perkins’ hand when he stupidly stretched it out for that first down in the first half. Ford was the only guy who even tried to force a TO all night. They need to get a lot better that way.

It was kind of a reverse of 2016 when the O did what it needed to do to win but the D was abysmal.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
Overall, the D played well enough. The O put them in an impossible position.

Therein lies the problem. A smart coach would have realized that with a decent defense and an inexperienced offense with a new OC it would make sense to call a conservative game.

If you are stubborn, system coach you have to be a good recruiter. If you can't recruit, then you constantly have to innovate your approach to match the talent you have.

Pitt has stubborn, system coaches who are poor recruiters. No matter that talent they have, they will run their system. The results reflect this. Time for a reboot.

Therein lies the problem. A smart coach would have realized that with a decent defense and an inexperienced offense with a new OC it would make sense to call a conservative game.

If you are stubborn, system coach you have to be a good recruiter. If you can't recruit, then you constantly have to innovate your approach to match the talent you have.

Pitt has stubborn, system coaches who are poor recruiters. No matter that talent they have, they will run their system. The results reflect this. Time for a reboot.
Dude-UVA had the box stacked to stop the run right out of the gates. Our O line stinks. We wouldn’t have been able to run the ball an inch without hitting some downfield throws. There was no offensive game plan that would have won us that game. We just aren’t any good offensively.

Reactions: WC Panther
There’s only one man who can save us.

PHOTO-Wannstedt-HS-727x727.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT