ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Guilty pleasure movies......

Another guilty pleasure is "The Devils Advocate" I don't think Pacino has ever been better. The ending scene and the speech when the three homeless demons are killing Eddie are just incredible.

Another guilty pleasure is "The Devils Advocate" I don't think Pacino has ever been better. The ending scene and the speech when the three homeless demons are killing Eddie are just incredible.

Yes, as Mike Corleone or Tony Montana pales in comparison to his role in Devil's Advocate. Not even wasting time on the emoticon.

Yes, as Mike Corleone or Tony Montana pales in comparison to his role in Devil's Advocate. Not even wasting time on the emoticon.

I sense some sarcasm...I hate devil's advocate as I rank it as one of my least favorite movies. Keanu is unbearable with a horrible southern accent. I hated that movie.

Keanu has never been good in anything. Pacino was a little over the top but, when you consider the role he was playing...I thought he was great. Besides, this thread is about guilty pleasures...lol.

So we were talking about this in another thread, but I thought it deserved its own. What are your guilty pleasure movies? You know, the ones that were critically panned, butu find immensely entertaining? I'll start - some of mine are "Double Jeopardy" with Ashley Judd, "Pearl Harbor" (I know, absolutely awful acting) and "Battleship".
Porkys I and Weekend at Bernies were two of the great ones.

Keanu has never been good in anything. Pacino was a little over the top but, when you consider the role he was playing...I thought he was great. Besides, this thread is about guilty pleasures...lol.
I really, really like "Speed". Not a movie I'm drawn to if I find it on (hence not a guilty pleasure movie), but I do think Keanu was good in that movie. (I should note that I'm not a big "Matrix" trilogy fan, but my family is, so perhaps he could be considered good in those.)

I really, really like "Speed". Not a movie I'm drawn to if I find it on (hence not a guilty pleasure movie), but I do think Keanu was good in that movie. (I should note that I'm not a big "Matrix" trilogy fan, but my family is, so perhaps he could be considered good in those.)
Don't lie. You just think he's hot...lol.

So we were talking about this in another thread, but I thought it deserved its own. What are your guilty pleasure movies? You know, the ones that were critically panned, but you find immensely entertaining? I'll start - some of mine are "Double Jeopardy" with Ashley Judd, "Pearl Harbor" (I know, absolutely awful acting) and "Battleship".
Your movie threads are a blast.....while this one is all over the place, sticking with the OP heading, here's a few ....

Used Cars
Porky' s
Waterboy( basically can't stand Sadler but can't not watch it...every time)
Family Man
John Goldfarb Please Come Home (lol try to get that made today)

Ps
Next time you're going to have to get a top ten fav list going.....

Your movie threads are a blast.....while this one is all over the place, sticking with the OP heading, here's a few ....

Used Cars
Porky' s
Waterboy( basically can't stand Sadler but can't not watch it...every time)
Family Man
John Goldfarb Please Come Home (lol try to get that made today)

Ps
Next time you're going to have to get a top ten fav list going.....
Wow - top 10 list would be a tough one. Talk about all over the place! One of my all time favorites is "Laura" a very old b/w Otto Preminger movie (and generally I am not a fan of old b/w cinema). So for me it would be wildly divergent.

Wow - top 10 list would be a tough one. Talk about all over the place! One of my all time favorites is "Laura" a very old b/w Otto Preminger movie (and generally I am not a fan of old b/w cinema). So for me it would be wildly divergent.
Yes the list itself would be all over the place but it would be "on topic". Wasn't sure where this thread was going....I mean how to frame the response.
But was fun just same not being critical.

Then maybe just before camp, not to rile the purest , you should recap your summer viewing....theater or tube

Keanu wasn't good in anything?0Obviously you missed bill and teds bogus journey, the night before, and the ever popular "babes in toyland.". He had a small part in young blood too. In all seriousness, I actually like him, he is no deniro of course but most of his movies are entertaining. Being in point break alone gives him some credit.

Keanu is Point Break.......I mean it worked somehow. It worked. And Point Break is definitely, DEFINITELY on my guilty pleasure lists.

Patrick Swayze my god rest his soul, is one of the most enigmatic figures in movie history.

As the star in tow of the biggest chick flick movies of all time (Ghost and Dirty Dancing) he also was star in some of the greatest guy films of all time, Point Break, Road House, Red Dawn and for us hockey fans, the horrible yet over the top hockeyish, Youngblood.

I almost forgot......Every Which Way But Loose. Not sure why, but I watch it every time I see it. Like a moth to a flame.

I almost forgot......Every Which Way But Loose. Not sure why, but I watch it every time I see it. Like a moth to a flame.
Is that the one where the orangutan punches people? Great movie. Any movie with Eastwood shirtless has to be on this list. Clyde, right turn

Is that the one where the orangutan punches people? Great movie. Any movie with Eastwood shirtless has to be on this list. Clyde, right turn

Correct on Clyde. Then at the end of the movie, he is in the back of the truck giving the bikers the middle finger.

So we were talking about this in another thread, but I thought it deserved its own. What are your guilty pleasure movies? You know, the ones that were critically panned, but you find immensely entertaining? I'll start - some of mine are "Double Jeopardy" with Ashley Judd, "Pearl Harbor" (I know, absolutely awful acting) and "Battleship".

Pope of Greenwich Village....Charlie, they took my thumb. Also Mickey Rourke still looked human.

Angel Heart. Maybe a Mickey Theme here.

This is SPinal Tap

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT