ADVERTISEMENT

Ot: penguins

Who said that?
This was a game that should have been played by the backups and the team gladly accepting an L for the sake of health.
Other than DeSmith, exactly which backups are you expecting to play? The Penguins don’t have any healthy scratches available and guys like Adam Johnson, Trotman, Simon and Blueger player tonight. You basically are getting your wish already.

Other than DeSmith, exactly which backups are you expecting to play? The Penguins don’t have any healthy scratches available and guys like Adam Johnson, Trotman, Simon and Blueger player tonight. You basically are getting your wish already.

Murray and Crosby to sit 2 out of 3 games is what i've asked for quite a few times. Would love to see Phil sit, but we know that's not gonna happen. Horni should be another guy that sits. You can put guys on IR and use their roster spot to call up guys from the minors to fill in.

Thank you. The full allotment of available players are playing. BigNick, as it happens many times on these message boards, has an opinion that is wrong, proven wrong and has been backed into a corner and instead of surrendering prefers to die in that corner.

Detroit's playing really well....6 in a row. The Pens need some confidence and cohesiveness going into playoffs.

Also...Detroit shows the exact type of team that is dangerous to the Pens. Fast. Young.

Not to many years ago the PENS were fast and young and a dangerous team who other teams didn't want to play.

Time move on!

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Thank you. The full allotment of available players are playing. BigNick, as it happens many times on these message boards, has an opinion that is wrong, proven wrong and has been backed into a corner and instead of surrendering prefers to die in that corner.

Ok, prove me wrong. Go look over the history of the NHL and show me a year when a 6 point swing between 2 teams has EVER happened over the last 3 games to close out the season.

The answer is, it never has happened because points don't swing that much to close out the year compared to mid season. You guys are too hung up on "mathematically possible" vs reality.

Ok, prove me wrong. Go look over the history of the NHL and show me a year when a 6 point swing between 2 teams has EVER happened over the last 3 games to close out the season.

The answer is, it never has happened because points don't swing that much to close out the year compared to mid season. You guys are too hung up on "mathematically possible" vs reality.

You’re telling me it’s never happened 1 team lost 3 in a row and another won 3??

Pretty confident I can find a bunch without trying very hard

Murray and Crosby to sit 2 out of 3 games is what i've asked for quite a few times. Would love to see Phil sit, but we know that's not gonna happen. Horni should be another guy that sits. You can put guys on IR and use their roster spot to call up guys from the minors to fill in.
You’re not even making sense on so many levels. Put healthy guys on IR? This isn’t fantasy hockey. Rest guys when the team hasn’t clinched a playoff spot with 2 games left? Makes zero sense on any level. Just beat Detroit tomorrow and I’m all for doing whatever can be done to keep a few guys out of the lineup on Saturday, but other than using DeSmith I don’t think they will realistically be able to do much of it.

So, if the regulars play, clinch, and come out completely healthy, will BigBird admit HE'S been wrong?

It ain't over till it's over!

I’m starting to think this Big Bird is not a denizen of Sesame Street.

I’m starting to think this Big Bird is not a denizen of Sesame Street.
deranged-chicken.jpg

You’re telling me it’s never happened 1 team lost 3 in a row and another won 3??

Pretty confident I can find a bunch without trying very hard

The last 3 games of the season, no, never happened. Especially since the 1 point for even going to OT rule came into effect. Teams play the the tie in the final 5 minutes of the game at the end of the season, which makes it even more impossible to make up that kind of ground at the end of the year.

So, if the regulars play, clinch, and come out completely healthy, will BigBird admit HE'S been wrong?

It ain't over till it's over!

What would I be wrong about? Crosby and Murray should be playing Thursday night and winning. They had no business playing Tuesday in Detroit and even less business playjng Saturday at home vs the Rangers.

I don't care if you guys agree. I've been watching hockey for 30 years, i know what i've seen. You're more likely to get injured in the last 3 games vs lose all 3 and get no points while some other teams wins all 3 and you drop 4 spots in the standings.

Find me 1 instance where it happened, and i'll stop and say you're right.

I don't care if you guys agree. I've been watching hockey for 30 years, i know what i've seen. You're more likely to get injured in the last 3 games vs lose all 3 and get no points while some other teams wins all 3 and you drop 4 spots in the standings.

We have seen guys take a puck in the head in practice too. Should they stop practicing? People get in car crashes, maybe they shouldn't get in a car over the next week too.

This has been the most ridiculous discussion ever, and has soiled a pretty solid hockey thread.

Not quite as ridiculous as "stealing" elections posts, but close.

“Not only do we want to clinch. We want to get in the best position possible,” said injured defenseman Kris Letang, who has not been ruled out for a return Thursday. “Every game is important, and all four points, we will try to get them. It’s not only about making it, it’s trying to be in a good position also.”
----Kris Letang obviously doesn't agree with BigBird.

Reactions: FreeportPanther

The problem with the point you are trying to make is that you haven’t offered a realistic solution on how to clear roster space in order to rest the key guys. This isn’t baseball with expanded rosters at the end of the season.

“Not only do we want to clinch. We want to get in the best position possible,” said injured defenseman Kris Letang, who has not been ruled out for a return Thursday. “Every game is important, and all four points, we will try to get them. It’s not only about making it, it’s trying to be in a good position also.”
----Kris Letang obviously doesn't agree with BigBird.

He, Murray and Simon are my least favorite players. I could care less what any of those 3 think.

The problem with the point you are trying to make is that you haven’t offered a realistic solution on how to clear roster space in order to rest the key guys. This isn’t baseball with expanded rosters at the end of the season.

You put the injured guys on IR instead of saying day to day. Letang, Malkin, Aston-Reese. Only 2 people are on IR, which is why they have 25 on the 23 man roster now.

Jack Johnson looks better and better the more I watch him. Plays the body well.

Hope Jake gets 1 more. 40 is a nice milestone.

You put the injured guys on IR instead of saying day to day. Letang, Malkin, Aston-Reese. Only 2 people are on IR, which is why they have 25 on the 23 man roster now.

You do understand that if they put anyone on the injured reserve right now that they would miss at least the first and maybe the second playoff game, right?

Apparently not.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
Why don't you like him? He's fantastic. One of the best big game goaltenders of the last decade.
I don’t understand how anyone could not like Murray either. He has come up big numerous times in the playoffs, but some on here can’t forgive him for a few bad games in November apparently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT