ADVERTISEMENT

Ot: penguins

You do understand that if they put anyone on the injured reserve right now that they would miss at least the first and maybe the second playoff game, right?

Apparently not.

When are they designating him injured? If they do today yes. If they do back to when they missed games, then no.

This originally should have been done on Monday for Tuesdays game anyways. So try again.

Last edited:
But again, this Murray hatred. The last 4 years with games where the Pens need to clinch, Murray is 4-0 with a .965 save percentage.

The two Stanley Cup clinchers, he had an 0.50 GAA and a .970 save percentage. Not to besmirch Marc Andre but........these numbers just blow his (and anyone's) away.

Reactions: HOF Coach
Why don't you like him? He's fantastic. One of the best big game goaltenders of the last decade.

Not a fan of his style. I think he's too stiff and his reaction time is not that great. He thrives off of exceptional positioning and good shot blocking D in front of him. I like a more athletic butterfly style goalie. I'm pretty dissapointed that Jarry hasn't turned out to be better.

Murray is a very good goalie. Letang is a very good defenseman. I just don't like either player. Doesn't mean I root against either or for them to be the reason the team loses.

When are they designating him injured? If they do today yes. If they do back to when they missed games, then no.

This originally should have been done on Monday for Tuesdays game anyways. So try again.

Two of the three guys that you mentioned played tonight. Or did you miss that?

So try again.

Not a fan of his style. I think he's too stiff and his reaction time is not that great. He thrives off of exceptional positioning and good shot blocking D in front of him. I like a more athletic butterfly style goalie. I'm pretty dissapointed that Jarry hasn't turned out to be better.

Murray is a very good goalie. Letang is a very good defenseman. I just don't like either player. Doesn't mean I root against either or for them to be the reason the team loses.
"he's too stiff and his reaction time is not that great" You realize that since his return in December, his numbers are better than any other goalie in the league. You do understand that. So how is that possible with these inadequacies?

You really don't know this game

Not playing Malkin or Letang at all in these last couple games when they were healthy and wanted to play would have been monumentally stupid.

That's your opinion. I have mine. I prefer to play for trophies at 100% health is possible vs pretend we were on the verge of missing the playoffs because Carolina, Columbus and Montreal were each going to win out.

Malkin is not healthy btw. He's playing through pain in a meaningless game and risking re-injury.

At least you acknowledge now that I didn't miss the rule you thought you had that I wad unaware of. Thanks!

That's your opinion. I have mine. I prefer to play for trophies at 100% health is possible vs pretend we were on the verge of missing the playoffs because Carolina, Columbus and Montreal were each going to win out.

At least you acknowledge now that I didn't miss the rule you thought you had that I wad unaware of. Thanks!

Actually I don't acknowledge that at all, because you never said any such thing. But it's clear that you are one of those guys who will claim that they meant something different than what they actually said when someone calls them out on something dumb they said, and I don't feel like arguing about the obvious.

Part of being 100% healthy actually involves playing at game speed. Which Letang having to sit out these last few games showed, again, for anyone who was paying attention.

Actually I don't acknowledge that at all, because you never said any such thing. But it's clear that you are one of those guys who will claim that they meant something different than what they actually said when someone calls them out on something dumb they said, and I don't feel like arguing about the obvious.

Part of being 100% healthy actually involves playing at game speed. Which Letang having to sit out these last few games showed, again, for anyone who was paying attention.

You were wrong.

i wouldn't play Malkin or Letang the rest of the wat.
Murray and Crosby would each play 1 more game.
I'd beg Kessell to sit the last 2, but he'll keep playing.

Proof of me saying Letang and Malkin should not play the rest of the regular season.

Joe was wrong.

But again, this Murray hatred. The last 4 years with games where the Pens need to clinch, Murray is 4-0 with a .965 save percentage.

The two Stanley Cup clinchers, he had an 0.50 GAA and a .970 save percentage. Not to besmirch Marc Andre but........these numbers just blow his (and anyone's) away.

We’re wrong though. His numbers in October and November sucked and everyone knows that’s when goalies need to be at their pinnacle. I’d prefer Felix Copley and Alexander Gorgiev. They’re clearly better.

The problem is variability, where will the red line go in the playoffs??
alg2_vertlinetest.gif

var·i·a·bil·i·ty
[ˌverēəˈbilədē]
NOUN
  1. lack of consistency or fixed pattern; liability to vary or change.
    "a great deal of variability in quality" · 
    [mor
I'm not a hockey guru but I do focus on performance and the PENS have long slumps, big losses, with huge wins following a big loss, back to doing nothing, loss, big win, on and on.

Consistency is needed for a successful playoff run!

Last edited:
Carolina will beat Philly, so the Penguins still have to beat the Rangers to avoid playing the Capitals in the first round.
Crosby needs 2 points for 100.

Reactions: FreeportPanther
Man what was really big is you don't want to finish 8th. Think about it, if the Pens finished 8th.....

1st rd. Tampa
2nd rd...likely Boston
3rd rd.....likely Caps

I mean if you are getting to the ECF's you are likely going to have to go through 2 of these 3, but not all 3. I can tell you this, no one wants also to face the Pens.

Man what was really big is you don't want to finish 8th. Think about it, if the Pens finished 8th.....

1st rd. Tampa
2nd rd...likely Boston
3rd rd.....likely Caps

I mean if you are getting to the ECF's you are likely going to have to go through 2 of these 3, but not all 3. I can tell you this, no one wants also to face the Pens.
Yeah that would have been an impossible road, even though I’m sure Tampa would not have wanted to see the Pens. Thankfully, mathematically, the Pens can’t finish in the 2nd wild card after last night’s win.

Carolina will beat Philly, so the Penguins still have to beat the Rangers to avoid playing the Capitals in the first round.
Crosby needs 2 points for 100.

The Rangers are playing tonight so there’s a good chance they may just be going through the motions Saturday.

Yeah that would have been an impossible road, even though I’m sure Tampa would not have wanted to see the Pens. Thankfully, mathematically, the Pens can’t finish in the 2nd wild card after last night’s win.
physics-professor-260nw-80774485.jpg

Mathmatically I have a chance to win Friday's Mega Milllions and Saturdays Powerball lottery.
This guy is trying to explain this to me!
He'll do the same for the PENS next!

Last edited:
Reactions: HOF Coach
Saw an article that Connor McDavid may want out of Edmonton.
Just for discussion would you trade Guentzel, Malkin and Maatta for him ?
I know it would never happen or if Edmonton would ever even consider that trade , just wanted to see what others thought.

I know it would never happen or if Edmonton would ever even consider that trade , just wanted to see what others thought.

Edmonton would be checking for cameras and Ashton Kutcher.

OK..........I am just I will say this.....if that would happen, my god would the Penguin hate be wratched up even higher. I never realized how much the rest of the league's fans hate the Pens until I listened to NHL radio.

And that's okay. Everyone hates the Patriots and Red Sox too. No one hates the Hurricanes, Jaguars and well...Pirates. So if you are hated, you are doing something right.

Oh for the record, yeah I would make that trade.

Nassau has PJ Mask from 4/12 - 4/14.
Barclays has April Fools comedy jam 4/12, and the Nets 4/13.

Look for a Thursday/Sunday schedule.

Reactions: Zepley09
Here's why the PENS aren't going anywhere this post season.
This is an illustration of the PENS hockey process control graph.
Not good!

control_chart.gif

As the playoffs commence.....IMO the key for a long, successful Penguins run is one guy. This is assuming that Murray continues to play like he has since December, that Sid/Guentzel will get theirs, but to me the true key to this team being one of those teams, to one of the teams to beat is #71.

Geno has to be Geno. He has to play hard, aggressive and dominant like he can. If he does this, the Penguins are the Penguins. Everything clicks, the trickledown over the lines is there.

Kessel seems to have found his game, Hornquist still has the effort and this is his time of year. Now that everyone is healthy, the 4th line is better, the
3rd line is better. The blueline is deep and offers many different matchup opportunities.

But Geno needs to be Geno. He needs to find his beast mode. He does, this team can and might beat anyone, including Tampa.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
I agree. To that end he should get to play with McCann or Rust consistently. He likes playing with Phil and if they have a speedy playmaker line 3 can be completely dedicated to shutting other teams down. This team CAN win as constructed especially if there are any surprise early round exits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT