ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Taylor Swift Era’s Tour Today/Tomorrow

hail2cin24

Prep
Gold Member
Feb 24, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
She’s never really been anywhere close to my favorite artist, but I will be making my way down to the North Shore either today or tomorrow to experience the event and maybe snag a ticket last second if a reasonable opportunity presents itself. This feels like it will be and can continue to be the biggest tour in history for any performing artist, so pretty hard to turn that down.

I think it’s crazy how some people refuse to listen to her music. I couldn’t care much less for country, yet went to Luke Combs a few weeks ago and had a wonderful time enjoying his music despite knowing 2-3 songs. I know more songs by Taylor based on her longevity, but look forward to listening and trying out any new songs of hers when I get the chance.

There’s also all of this talk and paranoia from most Pittsburghers to avoid the downtown area this weekend at all costs. Really? Traffic and mass crowds are inconvenient, but it’s not going to be the death of anyone. Probably the same people that won’t cross a bridge to venture out beyond the North/South Hills… I’ve always found it easy to drive an hour plus in and around the city limits in the same day to explore all that this city has to offer. To each their own!

If anyone else is going I hope you have a great time! As this tour was a tremendous feat by Taylor and her crew, any fans or concert enjoyers surely deserve credit for all of the effort they’ve put in to make their own experience happen. Make the most of your night!

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
I strongly dislike her. It's easy to put on an act when everything is going A okay, but she's proven herself to be a petulant child the moment something doesn't go her way. I'm not familiar with her music, but I suspect there's at least some monkey see, monkey do stuff going on here by America's most impressionable demographic. No concert is worth the price these people are paying for tickets.

I mean it’s no different than a big steeler game with regard to crowds
People are weird about traffic .

I strongly dislike her. It's easy to put on an act when everything is going A okay, but she's proven herself to be a petulant child the moment something doesn't go her way. I'm not familiar with her music, but I suspect there's at least some monkey see, monkey do stuff going on here by America's most impressionable demographic. No concert is worth the price these people are paying for tickets.
You strongly dislike her?
That’s a really weird take

I worked with a lot of headline performers and the petulant, child like behavior is common enough that you sort of expect it.

So far as being impressionable, I remember parents actively protesting against KISS because we were all going to hell for liking their musing. Same with the big hair bands and "dressing like women."

I would take my daughter if I could have scored a couple tickets. I'm more worried about her obsession with Morgan Whalen. All sounds like depressing "sad man" music.

I worked with a lot of headline performers and the petulant, child like behavior is common enough that you sort of expect it.

So far as being impressionable, I remember parents actively protesting against KISS because we were all going to hell for liking their musing. Same with the big hair bands and "dressing like women."

I would take my daughter if I could have scored a couple tickets. I'm more worried about her obsession with Morgan Whalen. All sounds like depressing "sad man" music.

I feel bad for some parents. I don't know that ticket prices have ever been this outrageous for anything this large-scale (maybe for Hamilton or various private endeavors at much more intimate venues... but I don't think too many teenagers were guilting their parents into forking over this kind of cash for those things).

And you absolutely ARE going to hell for liking Kiss, haha.

Reactions: pittdan77
I feel bad for some parents. I don't know that ticket prices have ever been this outrageous for anything this large-scale (maybe for Hamilton or various private endeavors at much more intimate venues... but I don't think too many teenagers were guilting their parents into forking over this kind of cash for those things).

And you absolutely ARE going to hell for liking Kiss, haha.
Price is what kept me from wading in and trying to get them. We went to see the traveling production of Chorus Line last summer and I was sort of surprised at the prices for a matinee. There are just so many taxes and fees anymore. And I can only imagine what a hotel downtown will cost this weekend.

My kid just looks at me when I tell her that we used drop $20 for most of the concerts and if you wanted to splurge, you dropped another $20 on a t-shirt.

Don't judge me over KISS. I'll just say it was a different time and leave it at that.

It's not even a like or hate thing. I don't hate her, actually I don't know much. It is just not the type of music I am attracted to nor listen. I just am overwhelmed at the pricing and popularity. Any other artist could pull this off here???

Is she not playing in Cleveland or Columbus that you are also getting alot of people from out of town?

It's not even a like or hate thing. I don't hate her, actually I don't know much. It is just not the type of music I am attracted to nor listen. I just am overwhelmed at the pricing and popularity. Any other artist could pull this off here???

Is she not playing in Cleveland or Columbus that you are also getting alot of people from out of town?
That's what's so amazing about it. She's playing almost everywhere, in stadium venues, multiple nights each weekend, and is STILL selling out shows with insane resale prices. It's completely unheard of.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
She’s never really been anywhere close to my favorite artist, but I will be making my way down to the North Shore either today or tomorrow to experience the event and maybe snag a ticket last second if a reasonable opportunity presents itself. This feels like it will be and can continue to be the biggest tour in history for any performing artist, so pretty hard to turn that down.

I think it’s crazy how some people refuse to listen to her music. I couldn’t care much less for country, yet went to Luke Combs a few weeks ago and had a wonderful time enjoying his music despite knowing 2-3 songs. I know more songs by Taylor based on her longevity, but look forward to listening and trying out any new songs of hers when I get the chance.

There’s also all of this talk and paranoia from most Pittsburghers to avoid the downtown area this weekend at all costs. Really? Traffic and mass crowds are inconvenient, but it’s not going to be the death of anyone. Probably the same people that won’t cross a bridge to venture out beyond the North/South Hills… I’ve always found it easy to drive an hour plus in and around the city limits in the same day to explore all that this city has to offer. To each their own!

If anyone else is going I hope you have a great time! As this tour was a tremendous feat by Taylor and her crew, any fans or concert enjoyers surely deserve credit for all of the effort they’ve put in to make their own experience happen. Make the most of your night!

They are expecting 100K people each night for a stadium that seats 70K. The rest will just tailgate and listen outside. Acrisure has put out statements to stay away if you don't have a ticket but people wont listen

They are expecting 100K people each night for a stadium that seats 70K. The rest will just tailgate and listen outside. Acrisure has put out statements to stay away if you don't have a ticket but people wont listen

What's the seating capacity for her shows? Someone said about 50k, but then I thought I saw 60k somewhere else. My understanding is that she's not selling any of the seats behind the stage (though obviously floor seats will bolster the numbers a good amount).

For Teenaged girls to 40something year old women - she's the biggest draw on the planet and it's not even close. To them, she's the Beatles at their peak.

I could sell the 2 floor tickets I got my daughters for $8k profit.... if didn't care about being disowned. Lol.

What's the seating capacity for her shows? Someone said about 50k, but then I thought I saw 60k somewhere else. My understanding is that she's not selling any of the seats behind the stage (though obviously floor seats will bolster the numbers a good amount).
She brought in more traffic and higher attendance in EACH of her shows at the same stadium that hosted this year's Super Bowl. Over 150K combined attendance both nights.

Come on, big guy. You don't have to be ashamed.

I think she is one of the best artists ever and I like most of her songs but I am not a concert person. My daughter likes her, but she isnt this huge fan so if tickets were reasonable, I would have taken her.

My kid just looks at me when I tell her that we used drop $20 for most of the concerts and if you wanted to splurge, you dropped another $20 on a t-shirt.

I was going through an old box of my stuff that was at my mother's house not too long ago. One of the things that was in there was some old concert ticket stubs that I had saved from shows I went to. You couldn't see the ticket price from the shows at places like the Mosque and Three Rivers because of the way that they tore the tickets, but on all the Civic Arena tickets you could see the prices. This was back in the 80s, and I think all the tickets I saw were priced between $10 and $15.

She brought in more traffic and higher attendance in EACH of her shows at the same stadium that hosted this year's Super Bowl. Over 150K combined attendance both nights.
I think Wrestlemania did that too. Depressing to think about.

• WrestleMania 39 generated a gate of more than $21.6 million, breaking the previous record by 27 percent, with 161,892 in attendance at SoFi Stadium over the two nights.
We’re doomed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT