ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Signals Raining Down

It is the only answer if you think recruiting can’t really be improved.

If the talent is what it is, and really isn’t going to move one direction or another based on the coach, then having a defensive oriented coach that struggles with offense in today‘s game, is probably the worst thing you can have.

This is not the era to hold your breath and hope you can field an offense that will crack the Top 80 under your head coach.
The win total won't be improved without significantly better recruiting.

Narduzzi is in the top 3rd of the ACC in conference winning percentage, despite the fact that Pitt does not have the ability to recruit top third type classes. His teams are very competitive with almost every team they play that has comparable talent levels. He's also shown that he can manage a program over the last 6 years. That's why he's an asset.

And FWIW, Duzzi has fielded one of the most prolific offenes in school history. It's not like scheme or playing a conservative field position type of game is what held the offense back last year.

Last edited:
It is the only answer if you think recruiting can’t really be improved.
I do believe that recruiting can improve. The administration has chosen the middle ground and I think they'll stick with it for a while. They have a coach that is leading the program through a transition of sorts, getting it to a level worthy of a CFB program. Narduzzi is a good football guy, just not the recruiting guy. He needs to find more guys who can do that for him.

The admin probably isn't firing Duzz unless something really goes south and they're certainly not going to just let his deal run out. I guess there could be a mutual parting of ways. That seems possible but I think the school knows they could do a lot worse.

Reactions: pittmeister
Some of the posters don’t want to look at facts….

When looking at the “Golden Years” of Panther Football (1973-1982), if those teams had to play in today’s environment, none of the great memories would have happened:

In 1976, Pitt had a schedule whose combined record was 63-69-2. They played 3 good teams all year (ND, PSU, Georgia) The rest were cream puffs. Compared that to the schedules Pitt has played over the last few years:

2015: 99-67

2016: 100-69

2017: 81-68

2018: 115-65

2019: 88-78

2020: 62-57

• Under today’s standards, Dorsett would’ve turned pro after his junior year. No Heisman Trophy and Pitt doesn’t win the national championship either. They probably would have finished 8-3 or 7-4, As a result, Pitt would have never gotten the great 1977 class (Green, Jackson, etc...) Anyone who thinks Dorsett would have stayed is dreaming. Think Larry Fitzgerald...
  • Who knows how many other players would have turned pro before their senior year? (Marino, Dawkins, Covert, Green, Jackson, May, etc...) How would that have affected Pitt's legacy?

Years ago I posted something to this fact that the 1980 team had a legitimate argument for being the best team in school history because the SOS was much stronger than the 1976 team.

Nonar was offered by Florida. He is 6-7 270lbs with good athletic ability and a lot of potential. Hopefully we can hold onto his commitment.

Reactions: singregardless
Do people actually believe this?
Yes. Go visit the Penn State board for confirmation. Sometimes getting a yard matters. Go watch highlights of Ohio State blowing up Barkley in the backfield when Penn State needed a yard to win in Columbus a few years ago. Our own inability to gain a yard when it matters is not unique.

Reactions: pittmeister
The win total won't be improved without significantly better recruiting.

Narduzzi is in the top 3rd of the ACC in conference winning percentage, despite the fact that Pitt does not have the ability to recruit top third type classes. His teams are very competitive with almost every team they play that has comparable talent levels. He's also shown that he can manage a program over the last 6 years. That's why he's an asset.

And FWIW, Duzzi has fielded one of the most prolific offenes in school history. It's not like scheme or playing a conservative field position type of game is what held the offense back last year.

Calm down Mrs Duzzie

Neither of those guys even have "okay" offer sheets. Is Pitt just smarter? Not mocking you, just not sure you want to be gathering a commitment or two from a "reach" in June.

I hate to do this because I like you as a poster but I'm showing receipts on my Nonar take. With the utmost respect and civility,

k60voc0ig8h31.jpg

Reactions: pittdan77
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT