ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State Faculty Finally Stands Up To Paterno Commeration's Demands Attacks, LINK!

CaptainSidneyReilly

Chancellor
Dec 25, 2006
The Honoring of JVP turned out to be a disaster even if it did bring some warm feelings among Alumni and Fans, it was an abomination of rejection worldwide. For example look what CFN said on the PSU Win over Temple, OUCH! Even in winning the Culture of Penn State Paterno Era Football has been rejected again and they are still mystified over it????

It is becoming pathetic and sad that true Success with Honor is standing up to PSU Bullies much as Sandusky and the PSU Fan Base that supports that Lack of Character Absence of that Athletic Integrity Era, based on what happen to Children abused, bribed, and attacked?

While the University stands by, accepts and lowers themselves to fall down on bend knees to still put Football ahead of Human Values they claim they practiced the entire time, but Facts and Voices under Oath say otherwise!

Excerpt:

"It wasn’t as ugly as the disgusting tribute to Joe Paterno, but the Nittany Lion running game regressed. It ended up with three touchdowns, but outside of one Saquon Barkley dash, it wasn’t able to establish any sort of control throughout the game against a Temple defense that isn’t the same Temple D of last year. Fortunately for the Nittany Lions, Trace McSorley came up with a good bounce back game after the tough pick thrown against Pitt last week.
I Don't Link A Competitor Website You Can Look it Up!

Now comes the Faculty and another Voice of Reason, Responsibility and Accountability meaning they stand beside the Voices of Victims over the Personal Attacks, Threats, and Demands that Paterno Culture of Football Era be honored????

The same Family that benefited from the opportunities given to them being employed and made millions working together but then filed Lawsuits against a University they demand Honor their Names over Voices of Victims that exposed secrecy, silence, and require sanctions to fix and reform when Children Victim Crimes and Athletic Integrity Standards were ignored? Removing Sandusky's name from a Program shows one can't Honor that kind of Success either, and demands that PSU do it, should have been rejected and ignored if the University want their Honor Back?

Read and now learn how True Success stands up and does not seek Honor but just Stands up to Bullies, Backbiting, and by being Brave enough to tell, accept, and point out the Full Truth about how some Penn State Alumni & Fans have once again Shamed Penn State very Name as in the Lyrics in the Nittany Lion's Alma Mater Song! This is part of Penn State Culture i admire and Joe's Coaching (That I Can Privately Honor) Preached it, but the Penn State Program did not practice it and the Cultist just can't accept it required many Reforms and why the Sports and Rationale World rejects Honoring it!

Article, Excerpt & Link:
As faculty of The Pennsylvania State University, we offer our unequivocal support for students who opposed the commemoration of Joe Paterno on Sept. 17. We especially admire the students responsible for The Daily Collegian’s editorial on Sept. 2, and we salute the good sense—and considerable courage—of Opinions Editor Lauren Davis.

We note with anger and sorrow that Davis has met with vicious, personal threats that are toxic to the climate of our campus. We brook no compromise when it comes to the safety of our students, and we tolerate no action that would curtail the right of students to dissent from administrative policy or campus consensus. Retaliation, especially of the kind directed at Davis, provides pernicious cover for the spread of misogyny and sexual violence on a campus where these are already of grave concern. We must therefore be vigilant in our opposition to it. To do otherwise would be to default on our responsibility as teachers.

We call upon the university's central administration and Board of Trustees to join us in condemning the hostile reaction to Davis, which The New York Times has called—with good reason—"groupthink at its worst." We hope students will join us as well, in following Penn State President Eric Barron's recent call to "establish Penn State as a leader in making campuses safer.....................
LINK:
http://www.collegian.psu.edu/opinion/columnists/article_18a03f7c-7e11-11e6-a92a-a7a09cbb84c2.html

Once again, if Penn State wants to claim Honor again, time to bring back Sara Ganim & Many PSU Alumni Children & Women Advocacy Groups and Experts salute their brave and noble efforts that ended the cover ups of ignoring the Voices of Victims.

American and Global Society will no longer accept nor Honor a Penn State Football Era that has been corrected on the Nightmares & Tears of Children over the misguided Cheers & Beers of ignorance, arrogance, and hateful mentality as if that was ever Honorable Success?

Last edited:
And of course the Joebots come in and bukkake the comments section. These people have too much free time and not enough dignity.
I understand what you are saying but agree to disagree, Free Time has nothing to do with dignity on actions that need to be condemn not excused for anything.

It is time the Paterno Family to stand up to the Bullies, Attacks On Women, Students, and those that disagree with them too. After all, they have been complicit in making it Paterno Versus Penn State & The World! JVP did this too when he coached at PSU and got angry but regretted it as numerous Articles came out later!

I accept and admire Joe's Superb Coaching, Character on Loving Football Players & Family, and does not need to apologize for having a Competitive Spirit, and Accomplishments of Autumn!

Time to understand, Penn State required Reforms and even the Paterno's accept that it was Sandusky Lying and Covering up his Crimes that tarnished JVP Legacy and admit he caused problems and Joe was also a Victim of this Nittany Liar Graduate, Player, and Coach.

The problem needed corrected and ignoring the Bullies that demand someone Honors JVP and keeping a Lawsuit alive over it, does nothing to polish the image of a Legacy that can't be redeemed due to previous Nittany Lies by ignoring the Nittany Liars!

Sue Paterno should invite Sara Ganim & Victims and Victim's Lawyers with other Media to Dinner and speak in one Voice, Penn State's JVP did many things right and one of them was standing up to Bullies and PSU Fans that adopted a Hate Versus You Mentality was not the Success or Honor they approve of in anyway.

Reactions: Blue Goose
I for one, was surprised when more people did not turn their back on this celebration. If I were an athlete or alumni of Penn State I would feel wrenching betrayal of the athletic department and administration of this university. What is wrong with you people? Don't you realize that while JoePa was making nice at alumni dinners, and training football players, he was also sitting on a horrendous scandal that he fought to hide. Despite what his bosses told him, he could have easily ended it all....Yes, and by not doing so, he became part of the dark side.

Reactions: PantherDDS
I If I were an athlete or alumni of Penn State I would feel wrenching betrayal of the athletic department and administration of this university. What is wrong with you people? Don't you realize that while JoePa was making nice at alumni dinners, and training football players, he was also sitting on a horrendous scandal that he fought to hide. Despite what his bosses told him, he could have easily ended it all.....

He had the wherewithal to easily end it all because he had no "bosses".

I for one, was surprised when more people did not turn their back on this celebration. If I were an athlete or alumni of Penn State I would feel wrenching betrayal of the athletic department and administration of this university. What is wrong with you people? Don't you realize that while JoePa was making nice at alumni dinners, and training football players, he was also sitting on a horrendous scandal that he fought to hide. Despite what his bosses told him, he could have easily ended it all....Yes, and by not doing so, he became part of the dark side.
I See your points but do not fully agree in totality without any disrespect.

However, I give Joe a pass on 1970s & 1980s, and that is just me, I don't and won't criticize anyone that disagrees with me giving JVP that benefit of doubt and here are my Narratives based on all i read and follow.

Narrative #1
I believe JVP was told maybe 3 or 6 times but each time JVP early on in the 1970-80s, just did not believe these Children that were considered liars, trouble makers, and lost youth trying for that Second Chance to be better. I think JVP did confront Sandusky and Sandusky just called the Kids Liars and told JVP you can't believe them. This is what Pedophiles do, they choose Victims that won't be believed or are in trouble and remain silent. If they do talk called them liars and Investigators have said Victims did recant after Sandusky got to them with more bribes to Victims and lies to JVP or AD Tarman? This went on and on and we don't know how much due to the Documents still Sealed, so my Narrrative is speculation as well? Yet, I don't believe JVP would have accepted Sandusky behavior in any way if based on Sandusky telling JVP lies, and why believe Kids that need help to change. Joe just did not dabble in that aspect and felt they were just unfounded accusations that he had no time to believe even if they happen a few times later over a period of years. Just Unhappy Kids in Happy Valley making up stories and Gerry telling Joe. They are Liars and why I am helping them?

Narrative 2:
Once 1998 happen and now DA Gricar Investigators got called by Mother's demanding investigations, Grigar dismissed not Joe and DPW Psych reports were ignored by DA & DPW. My Narrative continues after that as JVP took action and told Gerry not to be a distraction anymore with the Kids around so retire and JVP felt if DA Grigar investigated it, Gerry must have been right just like JVP previous thought, the Kids were making up it up and lying? The District Attorney Investigators found nothing and dismissed it? Why would anyone even JVP at that time say otherwise, he did not know how extensive that investigation was or how thin either. Again, Gerry telling JVP look Police looked into it, they say kid were lying if not why wasn't I charged? Plus, Gerry got to Kid and Kid recanted how would Joe know?

Narrative 3:
Now DA Investigation is over and dismissed, it was normal for JVP to feel, Sandusky and these accusations are becoming a distraction and time for Gerry to retire. It was not aeout any planned cover up, look you are spending way too much time and your Charity is growing bigger every day, I need a full time DC not a Part Time Charity Worker. time to go and I want Tom Bradley to succeed you anyway. so, Gerry retires and JVP just accepts it was his time to go and find a replacement end of distractions, accusations and investigations. Go to Juanita and help them!

Narrative #4:
Now Graham Spanier steps in, he like The second Mile, it is good for Penn State. Wait Gerry you can Retire but hang around and do part-time work like being an Emeritus Professor. here is an Office and some phones. Keep Penn State & the Second Mile together. Gerry accepts it, Paterno has to put up with it, and now just keeps coaching as he always did. So, Gerry hangs around not due to anything Joe did, but what Spanier did for Gerry to keep PSU involved with a Great Charity Statewide with many Celebrity Events helping the Children that need a Second Chance! What University President would end that kind of relationship. JVP could care less, not his distraction problem anymore.

Narrative #5:
Now 2001 happens as McQueary reports it. Now there were all those prior fabrications by troubled children and some recantations as well and the dismissal if Grigar Investigation? Spanier, Schultz, Curry and Paterno feel why report something that was investigated and dismissed so why ruin a life a Great Charitable Benefactor like Gerry that has often been a victim of vicious lies by some of these troubled children known to be liars and later told Investigators they made it up? Fold the complaint, move on, forget about it, just more Horsing Around? McQueary is hired and all forgotten!

Part II Below:

Part II From Above:

Narrative #6
Now comes 2008, another allegation and this time an investigation begins but a slow burn by one assigned State Policeman not the Child's Predator unit due to Campaign Donations by The second Mile to Corbett who is running for Governor and after elected gave a $3 Million grant to The Second Mile? After all, all of the OAG Investigators are going after Bonus gate Politicians that oppose Corbett after they failed to convict Representative Ramley?

Narrative #7:
Again, a Kid comes in and makes allegations and then recants later, and this goes on for months. The another Child is found and he tells his version. Secret Grand Juries convene and by 2011 just before Joe Wins 409, and just after a week later, the Grand Jury Report is illegally leaked. In that full Report of Testimony, only Curry & Schultz are held accountable and Gerry arrested! Spanier is given a pass? Once fully read, it comes out Spanier knew as much Curry and Schultz and felt it was just Horsing Around but Trustee's Louie Freeh finds Emails that show all four knew back in 2001 not 2002 like the Grand Jury Report Errors? Spanier is now charged too, but not JVP?

Narrative #8:
When you read the Penn State Three Testimony they are consistent saying they were told it was Horsing Around and were advised by PSU Counsel Baldwin and sloppy Grand Jury work by Fina & Judge Feudale as claimed by Defense Counsels Motions.. However, JVP's represented by his own lawyer Testimony differs and outright says, he was told, "Inappropriate Sexual Touching" and other descriptions by McQueary and confirmed by McQueary on Grand Jury Hearings. Now Joe is much older, confused in Court on a things happen 14 years ago and even in Media Post Game PC's, and dying of caner without even knowing it yet? It is Joe's & McQueary Testimony and the Emails that shows the Penn State Three should and did alleged have know it was more than Horsing Around and Lied about it. Yet. AG Kane refused to Appeal those dropped Obstruction & Perjury charges and they are gone now. Only a few remain now and some are on under Appeal Motions.

Narrative #9:
Joe dies in the interim, NCAA issues Sanctions, and Children Sealed Documents released in part that Joe was told in 1970s and 1980s, but those Documents have been Redacted and still not fully released to the Media. The Media concludes and reports their Info, in their Court of Public Opinion and overwhelmingly now stand that Joe Knew the whole time, but I disagree to be fair.

Conclusion Narrative #10:
Yes, I believe the Children and the Children Lawyers Sealed Documents Under Oath, Joe was told but that does not believed it. Each time Gerry was successful to make Joe the Kids were making it up. After all, even District Attorney investigators dismissed the allegations in 1998. To be fair, what was JVP suppose to do by 2001, when he did tell the Higher Ups and they decided it was "Horsing Around and why ruin a Famous Charitable Retired Coach being liked about by Kids he has been helping to get a Second Chance?

Epilogue:
Yeah,one could say "Joe Knew" but when and how he believed it did not happen until the day of his firing when he said he should have done more, and that was the truth too, just like in the Grand Jury, to me just shows Joe was indeed focus on Football & Family in 1970s-90s, and did not believe what kids were saying as Sandusky was telling him and later investigators the Kids were lying. Right now, I don't think even Sue was ever told and I believe the Paterno Family never knew and Joe never told any of them. Until more Documents out, and the Trials begin or end, and Civil Lawsuits resolved. it is still too hard to figure it all out until all comes outs.

This information as judged in 1970-90s Timeline on Societal Values at that Time not in 2016 Today. This is why I advocate the Paterno Family, Former Player's Alumni, and Friends that feel they owe Joe much gratitude can and should Honor JVP at a Private Museum Off Campus and events anytime they choose saluting JVP Great Coaching!

However, the University only part would be to share its ownership of all its Academic, Athletic and Football Properties with The Paterno Foundation. In this way, a proper settlement can resolve the Civil Lawsuits and allow as all to move on to choose how to Honor JVP in their Private Way!

Penn State University is more important and always should have been over any one person and the Football Program and university owe a great debt to JVP too, but along with many people that helped build it and not fear to recognize needed to reform it. JVP coaching was superb but the University Football Program badly needed many reforms after it was exposed by Sandusky's Convicted Crimes that are on Appeal!

I know few will care, but until I know more and read more that has yet to come out, I have to side on Joe just did not believe what he was told, and Sandusky got away with it because he was a very good Nittany Liar preying on Children even his own adopted Son!

When Joe did know for sure, and i can't figure that "WHEN" out just now, JVP too condemn his own behavior and regretted even he should have done more, and that wasn't a cover up, but sincere regret from his heart. Unfortunately, it also ruined, tainted, and shamed JVP Name and Joe Knew for sure before he past, that would happen too.

I just cannot accept in anyway Joe Intentionally Knew and did nothing and if he had told Sue, she would have done something about it too. Sue is a Victim too, in seeing her most beloved Husband & Best Friend Great Accomplishments of Autumn no longer carrying the cachet she feels he deserves and JVP did far more right than wrong in his life, is my opinion too.

I respect anyone that disagrees, with my Narrative Views right now too. This happen over 50 years not just 14 years, and those 14 years, were full of sloppy investigations, mistakes, and higher ups misjudgements that were just as confused on what to do and believe as JVP was back in 1970-80-90s, and 2001 to 2011/

I can wait to read and see more and that is fair too!

Part III Below:

Last edited:
Part II From Above:
Not Applicable To Above Narratives:
This does not apply to the majority of the Freeh Reports and other Trustees Findings on 119 Recommendations that proved Penn State Football Program lacked full compliance with Athletic Integrity, Lack Institutional Control, No Code of Athletes Conduct, Athletes treated differently from Students, out of Compliance in Clery & Title IX Laws and Educational Regulations.

The Sanctions still stood and were only reduced after Penn State Athletic 2012 Reforms put in under an NCAA Monitor and reduced based on how effective those Reforms are ass models for other Universities to follow. The many Policies that Penn State created and approved also extended to Trustees, Administration, Students, and not just Athletics!

They are proof that the University had to correct the previous University Football program Era that were removed, ignored, or outright unenforced due to a lack of Institutional Control and that is on all at Penn State! No one person or group of trustees, employees, coaches, athletic staff, players or students will be exempt from such policies again. Those reforms also made Penn State a Center of Children Protection, Reporting, Counseling, and Monitoring and deserve recognition not disdain.

The University is still caught in between a Worldwide Generous Alumni Renown for giving and supporting Penn State University that dearly worships JVP. Along with a New Group of Millennials Social Media Students and Future Alumni that want to move on and still be proud of the current and future Penn State.

JVP was given the opportunity to coach and won games and helped build a Top 25 Program but Pennsylvania State University owns, operates, and oversees that Program and never will one man ever take or get all credit for it, nor get all blame for shaming the name!

Dead Men Don't Get To Write Their History!

The Media has chosen the Voices of Many Victims over the Accomplishment of Many Autumns that happen at Penn State!

Time for the Paterno's, Alumni Fans, and Former Players to move on and understand it is and always was Pennsylvania State University 100 years before JVP became Head Coach and still will continue to be 100 years and more after JVP!

Last edited:
Paterno did know back in the 70's about the child rapes and chose to not do anything about it then. That was his choice. He was a grown adult who made a decision to ignore it or not believe it was happening because maybe his assistant coach told him not to believe a bunch of kids. I vehemently condemn him for not doing the right thing right there and doing some more digging to find out what was really going on. If he just ignored it or didn't believe it, he was stupid and ignorant. As the years went on into the 80's and beyond, he added being an accomplice and complicit to a felony along with being stupid and ignorant. In other words, his entire coaching career was marked by stupidity, ignorance, sexual perversion, and being a piece of human excrement. He is where he belongs....dead and burning in hell.

I applaud the PSU faculty for voicing their views on this subject. Too bad it's too late. I trust that these threats against those who oppose the views of the cultist perverts do not materialize. I tend to think that they won't because besides being cultist perverts, PSU fans who support Paterno in this scandal also tend to be cowards with big mouths.

If PSU fans would have done the honorable thing, which is apparently not in their DNA, they would have dishonored Paterno, refused to not participate in this "ceremony", and publicly condemned Paterno, Sandusky and those who support honoring a piece of human garbage.

There is no reason in the world NOT to ban PSU from playing football for a very, very long time. That is the gravity of this situation.

Reactions: PantherDDS
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT