ADVERTISEMENT

Poor George. the media doesn’t understand football

pittbb80

Chancellor
Oct 9, 2004
Dude is a cancer

Pickens is on to something here. In fact, that is the very reason that I turned down an NFL contract; I didn’t want to get hurt.

Pickens is on to something here. In fact, that is the very reason that I turned down an NFL contract; I didn’t want to get hurt.
The irony is he was blocking on the play - pushing his man from the pylon-
So if Warren cuts outside it’s a praised play -
Warren cuts inside - Pickens releases the block to NOT get called for a hold -
And people lose their minds

Reactions: jctrack
Tomlin himself said the play was an example of Pickens being a problem.

Reactions: Shomeydamonee
Tomlin himself said the play was an example of Pickens being a problem.
That’s fine
But when they showed the all 22 , it was pretty clear what happened

I guess giving up 30 straight points started after that drive (where we still scored a TD)

The colts running 14 straight times down the entire field was because Pickens didn’t re-pivot to block

Dude is a cancer

Pickens would do a complete 180 if he started getting the ball multiple times a game DOWN THE FIELD. It’s all about him ya know.

I'm assuming you didn't watch the play because Pickens never had to worry about a drawing a holding call because all he did was push the defender.

pharm is right in that the WR’s aren’t high on the problem list. But, Pickens and Johnson are absolutely soft. I’m not saying they have to be Hines Ward, just give some effort to show your teammates, coaches and fans that you give a damn.

pharm is right in that the WR’s aren’t high on the problem list. But, Pickens and Johnson are absolutely soft. I’m not saying they have to be Hines Ward, just give some effort to show your teammates, coaches and fans that you give a damn.
It’s a team game. How often do they take plays off when they are not the primary receiver ? Makes it hard for the qb to check down to secondary targets

Also pickens is way down the list in wr in terms of separation from DBs likely due to him taking plays off.

Wonder if the offense would be better if they had legit WRs who actually tried to block and get open

They may not be the biggest problem on the offense that is OU putrid but they are right there with the Ol and Coaching.

it’s not just the media “surface” guys (lol whatever that means ) that thinks Pickens is a dog

george pickens is the paris ford of steeler football. you cant trade him because he has no value, you could cut him i guess but i'd guess the new OC next year wants to see if he can magically turn him around, which he wont..

let him finish out his contract here and get better starting wr next year so he's not your #2.

at this point, he's doing the team more harm than good being in there, but the problem is you have no one else to play wr. allen robinson isnt going to get you any catches either but he will block so maybe you go with him.

Reactions: pittbb80
your starting wrs not doing anything and now quitting on running routes and run blocking is a problem. it's a big problem.

Reactions: pittbb80
Coaches have lost the team. If there was any sense of respect for Tomlin, this stuff wouldn't happen or the guy wouldn't be dressing on Saturday.
i agree there, with pickens, i dont think he's trying to be a cancer, i truly think he's got a severe learning disability and just doesnt know any better. i said it in another thread but he's a guy that if he wasnt a professional athlete and had to live a normal life, he couldnt function and would have a social worker meeting with him to assist him in performing every day life functions..

So to take someone like this at their word is sometimes foolish because he's probably not even aware of what he is saying or doing. case in point, he said this week that he never met with tomlin while tomlin said he spoke with him 1 on 1. I dont think Pickens is lying, i honestly think he just didnt know it was a meeting.

Coaches have lost the team. If there was any sense of respect for Tomlin, this stuff wouldn't happen or the guy wouldn't be dressing on Saturday.
This is about many of these players just being poor people in general. If a player basically is a trash human being before arriving not sure what you expect Tomlin or any coach to do about it.

This type of mentality in the league definitely isn’t limited to Pittsburgh

Wide receivers having poor attitudes and basically being trash human beings is almost the norm and isn’t limited to Pittsburgh. I hear the Eagles are having problems with AJ Brown, for example

i agree there, with pickens, i dont think he's trying to be a cancer, i truly think he's got a severe learning disability and just doesnt know any better. i said it in another thread but he's a guy that if he wasnt a professional athlete and had to live a normal life, he couldnt function and would have a social worker meeting with him to assist him in performing every day life functions..

So to take someone like this at their word is sometimes foolish because he's probably not even aware of what he is saying or doing. case in point, he said this week that he never met with tomlin while tomlin said he spoke with him 1 on 1. I dont think Pickens is lying, i honestly think he just didnt know it was a meeting.
If there was any veteran presence in that locker room, there is no way they would allow a microphone under his nose right now. And to your point, he saw Johnson doing pretty much the same thing.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
This is about many of these players just being poor people in general. If a player basically is a trash human being before arriving not sure what you expect Tomlin or any coach to do about it.

I don't know that the kid is a "trash" human being or just immature and unguided. And even if he is a POS, it doesn't mean he can't perform at a high level. There was a QB who won a lot of football games in Pittsburgh who demonstrated very early and often that he was capable of being the worst kind of person and he ended up working out for the franchise. Maybe he reformed? Maybe he figured out how to cool it so he didn't get run out of the league? Who knows? Bottom line is there haven't been any consequences or leadership shown for this kid from anywhere in the organization. That's not a defense of him, just a fact.

On the laundry list of problems with this team
I’d put he and DJ around 14 to 15th

when effort is questionable, it's a problem. Doesn't matter who or what position group. 18 and 14 are on tape numerous times, in many games, not trying or going through the motions. That's a serious concern .. especially from a 2nd year WR.

If there was any veteran presence in that locker room, there is no way they would allow a microphone under his nose right now. And to your point, he saw Johnson doing pretty much the same thing.
i think DJ knows fully what he is doing and saying.

Wide receivers having poor attitudes and basically being trash human beings is almost the norm and isn’t limited to Pittsburgh. I hear the Eagles are having problems with AJ Brown, for example
i miss the days when steelers players were trash human beings but good on the football field. that's what the NFL is, was and will always be. that's what we have to get back too.

This dude's biggest problem is route running.

There is a reason most of his routes are contested and it has nothing to do with scheme.

your starting wrs not doing anything and now quitting on running routes and run blocking is a problem. it's a big problem.
Oh, I don’t disagree. But, when you combine bad wide receivers who don’t care with awful QB play, terrible O-Line play and a running game that sucks, you get an offense averaging 14 points per game. And we haven’t even mentioned the defense that sucks as badly as the offense. The issues are great.

Oh, I don’t disagree. But, when you combine bad wide receivers who don’t care with awful QB play, terrible O-Line play and a running game that sucks, you get an offense averaging 14 points per game. And we haven’t even mentioned the defense that sucks as badly as the offense. The issues are great.
lol, valid point...

on a slow day here, not today with LOI day, we should try and prioritize the steelers issues, from greatest to least..

it would be an interesting thread but again, we'll save that topic for a better day..

Maybe. The truth is that if there was a good culture in that locker room, this stuff wouldn't be an issue. That all starts with the coaches and they've just been putting up with it. Actually serves as a nice distraction from their own failings.
last year as a rookie, we were watching highlights of him coming off the line and knocking DBs over on run plays. He did it several times. this year, he's quitting on plays and jogging off the line..

Maybe it's something he learned while here and not something he brought with him.. if so, then tomlin and this culture is indeed the problem and not him.m.

This was the rap on Pickens before the draft yet they picked him anyway

Reactions: Pitt8189
This dude's biggest problem is route running.

There is a reason most of his routes are contested and it has nothing to do with scheme.
Yup. Saw a stat that indicated he was in the bottom of the league in creating separation. Wonder if that’s because he takes off plays where he’s not the primary target or if he’s just not that good

Juju got nothing but hate from yinzers , despite giving 100% effort every damned day

Perhaps folks here just like drama ?

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Yup. Saw a stat that indicated he was in the bottom of the league in creating separation. Wonder if that’s because he takes off plays where he’s not the primary target or if he’s just not that good
Terrible route trees
When they actually run slants for him he makes big plays

Juju got nothing but hate from yinzers , despite giving 100% effort every damned day

Perhaps folks here just like drama ?
Lolz. This is hilarious. You’re the only one on the planet who thinks he gives 100 pct on every play. This is one of your better troll jobs

Juju did
He was still attacked
Doubling down on stupid once again. It’s your calling card. Ju Ju was criticized for off the field clownery and only by Fat Boy madden and a few clowns. Just about every NFL commentator (many former players like Dorian Dickerson) and your boy Medicore Mike Himself has called out Pickens effort

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT