ADVERTISEMENT

Spot on analysis of the Steelers...

Pitt79

Board of Trustee
Oct 3, 2005
Yes, it's everyone's favorite, Madden, but when something is 100% accurate, it doesn't matter who wrote it.

Highlights:

"Tomlin sounded like an idiot when he talked about the Steelers’ lack of physicality and the need to practice in pads. The underlying message: “It’s a man’s game, we need to be tougher, let’s get out there and hit, that’s Steeler football, rah-rah.”

"Tomlin and the Steelers see the NFL as a contest of wills that can be won by subjugating the other team physically and mentally. That might have been true when Chuck Noll was coaching. But this isn’t then, and Tomlin isn’t Noll."

"Today’s NFL is about speed, daring and the ability to execute the latter. It’s about scoring more and faster."

"Tomlin and the Steelers still think you can win via defense and long drives. Tomlin still thinks you can win 17-16. He absolutely will not change his beliefs. Even if Tomlin did, he doesn’t have the coaching acumen to pull it off, nor the quality staff to facilitate. (Nor the personnel. “The Khan artist” doesn’t seem like such a genius right now, does he?)"

"Art Rooney II is 100% on board with Tomlin’s outdated approach. He’s also 100% committed to never firing a coach. Tomlin is in zero danger."

I agree, this is how I view Tomlin and the Steelers and their prehistoric, obsolete philosophy, it might as well be 1975 with these morons.

Yes, it's everyone's favorite, Madden, but when something is 100% accurate, it doesn't matter who wrote it.

Highlights:

"Tomlin sounded like an idiot when he talked about the Steelers’ lack of physicality and the need to practice in pads. The underlying message: “It’s a man’s game, we need to be tougher, let’s get out there and hit, that’s Steeler football, rah-rah.”

"Tomlin and the Steelers see the NFL as a contest of wills that can be won by subjugating the other team physically and mentally. That might have been true when Chuck Noll was coaching. But this isn’t then, and Tomlin isn’t Noll."

"Today’s NFL is about speed, daring and the ability to execute the latter. It’s about scoring more and faster."

"Tomlin and the Steelers still think you can win via defense and long drives. Tomlin still thinks you can win 17-16. He absolutely will not change his beliefs. Even if Tomlin did, he doesn’t have the coaching acumen to pull it off, nor the quality staff to facilitate. (Nor the personnel. “The Khan artist” doesn’t seem like such a genius right now, does he?)"

"Art Rooney II is 100% on board with Tomlin’s outdated approach. He’s also 100% committed to never firing a coach. Tomlin is in zero danger."

I agree, this is how I view Tomlin and the Steelers and their prehistoric, obsolete philosophy, it might as well be 1975 with these morons.

The Steelers should join the Big Ten

Highlights:

So then I suppose we have it all wrong in blaming Pickett and Canada. We should be blaming TJ and Minkah for not keeping up to their end of the responsibilities.

I am sorry this is a huge whiff of analysis.

Reactions: 303vND
The Steelers are 2-2? I would have guessed they were 1-4.
I don't care if they're 4-0 or 0-4, or finish 9-8 or 9-7-1, they haven't gained 400 yards in a single game in THREE YEARS, they've only scored 20+ points in like 10 of their last 40 games. Madden nails it when he says, in the NFL today the good teams, the real contenders, score MORE AND FASTER, the Steelers squeak by just enough bad teams 17-16 to go 9-8, but won't win any championships or even contend for any that way.

So then I suppose we have it all wrong in blaming Pickett and Canada. We should be blaming TJ and Minkah for not keeping up to their end of the responsibilities.

I am sorry this is a huge whiff of analysis.
You're wrong about this spot-on analysis, right about who to blame, with this offensive philosophy and the Steelers 1975 playbook, the defense is the reason for losses when they don't hold the opposition to less than 20 points, because this offense isn't built to regularly score 20.

But I get it, most of you small minded types will dismiss the opinion just because of who wrote it, even when it is all TRUTH. Anyone who thinks the Steelers offense is a legit modern, 2023 offensive scheme and game plan philosophy, with a chance to contend for a title is either lying or stupid.

Last edited:
You're wrong about this spot-on analysis, right about who to blame, with this offensive philosophy and the Steelers 1975 playbook, the defense is the reason for losses when they don't hold the opposition to less than 20 points, because this offense isn't built to regularly score 20.
I am not dismissing it because of who but because it’s blatantly wrong. In no press conference has Tomlin said you know our offense is just the way I want it but our defense is letting us down and allowing big pass plays and big runs. He has criticized his offense in a Tomlinesque way.

It’s shocking that you cannot see that and want to cling to Tomlin as an offensive Neanderthal as the reasoning. Whiffffffffffffff.

• Haha
Reactions: Pitt79
I am not dismissing it because of who but because it’s blatantly wrong. In no press conference has Tomlin said you know our offense is just the way I want it but our defense is letting us down and allowing big pass plays and big runs. He has criticized his offense in a Tomlinesque way.

It’s shocking that you cannot see that and want to cling to Tomlin as an offensive Neanderthal as the reasoning. Whiffffffffffffff.
You're either blind or stupid :) Tomlin and Duzz BOTH living in the 70s, might as well wear bell bottoms on the sidelines.

If you are right, then Canada will be gone and the new OC will be someone who wants to change to something more like maybe KC or Miami, something dedicated to scoring fast and often, not as a secondary unit to burn clock to rest the D and shorten the game, he'd want an offense that is comfortable to get into a high scoring shoot out.

We'll see, who knows, maybe Tomlin and Rooney are scouting Cignetti for the job? I'm sure they love the work he's doing at Pitt, Cignetti's types of play designs and play selection is what the prefer. :)

You're either blind or stupid :) Tomlin and Duzz BOTH living in the 70s, might as well wear bell bottoms on the sidelines.

If you are right, then Canada will be gone and the new OC will be someone who wants to change to something more like maybe KC or Miami, something dedicated to scoring fast and often, not as a secondary unit to burn clock to rest the D and shorten the game, he'd want an offense that is comfortable to get into a high scoring shoot out.

We'll see, who knows, maybe Tomlin and Rooney are scouting Cignetti for the job? I'm sure they love the work he's doing at Pitt, Cignetti's types of play designs and play selection is what the prefer. :)
I always love how people who can’t really prove what they are trying to say bring in other items to reinforce their lack of any true facts and knowledge. Have a great day grandpa.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
Steelers need to score more points more often. Wow. Groundbreaking stuff. Lol.
And the reason they don't is that the design and philosophy of their conservative run first, rest the D offense and their entire STUPID, shorten the game win with defense, keep the score close game plan from the 1970s lS OBSOLETE.

I always love how people who can’t really prove what they are trying to say bring in other items to reinforce their lack of any true facts and knowledge. Have a great day grandpa.
I can't help it the you and Johnny Gossamer are not smart enough to see the facts, as far as I know, you might be so dumb that you believe that a conservative 70s style running offense and good D can actually compete with the best NFL teams.

I can't help it the you and Johnny Gossamer are not smart enough to see the facts, as far as I know, you might be so dumb that you believe that a conservative 70s style running offense and good D can actually compete with the best NFL teams.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Again let’s change the subject. But I guess as you get older it’s so hard to hold onto a consistent conversation. Ok, you probably need to put down your laptop to allow the nurses to settle you in for afternoon nap time at the nursing home. You might want to ask them to check your meds while they are at it.

People are seriously stupid if they look at this Steelers team's game plans and thing it's up to date football for 2023.

Offensive gameplan is not good. Need to score more points, more often. Everyone knows this... Everyone.

Reactions: Tucker99
Offensive gameplan is not good. Need to score more points, more often. Everyone knows this... Everyone.
No, no....super genius came up with this on his own.

Seriously, where the heck has anyone written or said that if the Steelers just run the ball a little better, they're winning a Super Bowl? Please, please, share the link.

• Haha
Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
Hooray. You are just so dang clever. Woo Hoo. Look at me everyone I make statements without any actual factual information and then when someone challenges it I bring up a completely different coach that has nothing to do with the article I first posted about. And then I tell people how stupid they are for not extolling how smart my mommy says I am.

You are and always have been a pathetic loser.
Exactly what king of factual information do you want? Proof that the playbook is plagiarized from Bud Grant? It's clear to everyone who's not an idiot what their game plan is, and it's something that isn't winning championships in any recent seasons.

This right here is why the Steelers whole philosophy is garbage, if it's just opinion, so be it, it's the right opinion and there's no way to "prove it", the proof will be failure to compete in the upcoming season, and that will come true, write that down.

"Tomlin and the Steelers still think you can win via defense and long drives. Tomlin still thinks you can win 17-16.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT