ADVERTISEMENT

Question for South Hills experts

Didn't they break the Cup in Lemieux's Mt. Lebanon pool? I remember Lemieux used to be a regular or seen a decent amount at South Hills Country Club as well.
He used to shop at the Giant Eagle at the bottom of Greentree Hill where Mt Lebo meats Scott Twp.

Chuck Noll lived in Upper St. Clair .....
yes, he went to my church, we'd trick or treat at his house as kids, the wife would give out those little pics of the whole steeler roster sitting on bleachers. those little cheap posters back in the day.

i used to see Trottier a lot at galleria, well after his playing days so im assuming he was in the mt lebo area..

Jagr actually lived with a family friend and my old grade school football coach when he first moved to the US. he must have been 17 or 18 and they set him up with a family living in USC. then i guess he got his own place and stayed in USC..

Like a few people said, the pens used to always go to the saloon in lebo.. I saw Francis, Ulf and NEdved there in 96 after one of the playoff series wins.. Francis i think had a cast on his foot i believe but i could be wrong.

i used to see Trottier a lot at galleria, well after his playing days so im assuming he was in the mt lebo area..

Jagr actually lived with a family friend and my old grade school football coach when he first moved to the US. he must have been 17 or 18 and they set him up with a family living in USC. then i guess he got his own place and stayed in USC..

Like a few people said, the pens used to always go to the saloon in lebo.. I saw Francis, Ulf and NEdved there in 96 after one of the playoff series wins.. Francis i think had a cast on his foot i believe but i could be wrong.
Ulf had some good times at the Saloon.

Does anybody remember what stores/businesses used to be in the strip that is now Trader Joe's/etc. on 19?

I realize it's been a Trader Joe's for a long time now, but I swear I remember going to that strip as a kid. Can't recall what was in it, though.

Wasn't there a coin store there at some point in the last 10 years?

Wasn't there a coin store there at some point in the last 10 years?

I'm not sure; there could have been. This would have been at least 30ish years ago, though.

But I've come to realize that a lot of the things I "remembered as a kid" over the years flat out never happened, lol. Funny how the brain works. Or maybe mine is just defective.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT