ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting article: Pitt coaches are high on Florida DE

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
The Pitt coaches sat down and watched JaQuan Bailey's film not long ago and fell in love with the player they saw.

So it wasn't a big surprise when they reached out to Bailey, got him on the phone and extended the offer.

"I found out about that (Wednesday night)," Bailey said. "It was Coach (Kevin) Sherman that I talked to. I've been hearing from Pitt since our season started and I guess it just rolled over to the new staff when they got there. I'd say the new staff is kinda similar (to the old staff) but again, they're different people and, you know, they have kinda different tones.

"I actually like the new coaching staff because the old coaching staff, they were kind of..how can I say this? The new coaches just seem like they like me more. The old coaching staff was alright but I didn't get the same feel from them.

"(Sherman) told me that they love my film and they love everything about me. And he said that he's just excited to hopefully get me to go up to Pitt and meet all the coaches on their coaching staff."

Here are Bailey's junior highlights.

Bailey article

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News