ADVERTISEMENT

Ronneys, Steelers not happy with SEA

Heinz Field sucks bro. It's a cookie cutter, plain and boring Stadium. The Rooneys know this and want to upgrade.

Heinz Field is the way that it is because of the Rooneys. If the Rooneys know that it sucks they also know that it sucks because that was exactly what they wanted.

Heinz Field is the way that it is because of the Rooneys. If the Rooneys know that it sucks they also know that it sucks because that was exactly what they wanted.

It does suck. I mean the setting is probably one of the better settings for a stadium in the US. You can't buy that with the rivers, hills and downtown Pittsburgh right there.

But their design, the egress in and out of the stadium, and those stupid yellow seats are horrible. That being said, I have been to Paul Brown Stadium in Cincy, and it makes Heinz look like Jerry's World in comparison.

It does suck.

I don't disagree with that. But it is the way that it is because of the Rooneys. The stadium is EXACTLY what they wanted. They wanted a new building for as cheap (to them) as it could possibly be. To make it any nicer would have required more money out of their pocket. They had no interest in putting in more money if they didn't have to, and they didn't have to. So they didn't.

I don't disagree with that. But it is the way that it is because of the Rooneys. The stadium is EXACTLY what they wanted. They wanted a new building for as cheap (to them) as it could possibly be. To make it any nicer would have required more money out of their pocket. They had no interest in putting in more money if they didn't have to, and they didn't have to. So they didn't.

Look, what is good for the Rooney's is good for you. Don't ever forget this. The Rooney's are Pittsburgh. They are life.

Yeah it was built on the cheap, but again other than the yellow seats, and the looks from outside, what sucks exactly?

Reactions: ThePanthers
Of the stadiums built in that era which ones are better or not as "cheap" as Heinz Field? I've been to Detroit, Cleveland, Cincy, Tampa, and the remodeled Solider Field in Chicago and they're about the same when it comes to bathrooms, concourses and things like that.

Yeah it was built on the cheap, but again other than the yellow seats, and the looks from outside, what sucks exactly?

The slope of the lower bowl isn't steep enough while the slope up the upper decks is too steep, mainly because the two are separated by three levels of club seats/luxury boxes. About that...

The tri-level luxury seating makes upper deck seating feel as though it's not even connected to the building.

The scoreboard is probably the worst in the NFL.

Metal bleachers in the upper deck endzone give the place a cheap look.

Aside from that. it's great.

Seriously, take a drive across the state and visit the Linc. It cost about twice as much as Heinz Field but you get what you pay for. Way better sightlines and there's more of a flow to the seating architecture.

The slope of the lower bowl isn't steep enough while the slope up the upper decks is too steep, mainly because the two are separated by three levels of club seats/luxury boxes. About that...

The tri-level luxury seating makes upper deck seating feel as though it's not even connected to the building.

The scoreboard is probably the worst in the NFL.

Metal bleachers in the upper deck endzone give the place a cheap look.

Aside from that. it's great.

Seriously, take a drive across the state and visit the Linc. It cost about twice as much as Heinz Field but you get what you pay for. Way better sightlines and there's more of a flow to the seating architecture.

These. In addition, the egress in and out of the stadium is horrible....if you are on the opposite corner of stadium from where you parked, it is like a half hour walk just to exit the stadium and get to that side of the parking, which is why alot of people leave early IMO.

Another....I had Steeler season tix in Section 534. I was one of the first rows under the roof over hang. When there was snow, or rain, where the roof sections joined it would just POUR on these people....POUR. If the wind was blowing....it would hit my knees. Just a poor design.

The restrooms, the vantage points from concession stands and aisles.......there is a reason why also alot of people are willing to stand in the endzones and those rotundas, because they are easier to move in and out of.

These. In addition, the egress in and out of the stadium is horrible....if you are on the opposite corner of stadium from where you parked, it is like a half hour walk just to exit the stadium and get to that side of the parking, which is why alot of people leave early IMO.

Weird, I can get from my upper deck seats to my parking spot downtown in 20-25 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT