ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers Draft

Gunga_Galunga

Heisman Candidate
Jan 12, 2017
The way the draft its shaking out, both RBs might be there. There will be a few OTs, and defensive guys that would fit. Trade down if you can and pick up a 3rd.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
The way the draft its shaking out, both RBs might be there. There will be a few OTs, and defensive guys that would fit. Trade down if you can and pick up a 3rd.
If they can trade back and gain another pick or two, then I’d do that. Otherwise, Darrisaw or Najee make the most sense if still on the board.

Jackson Carman - OT from Clemson would be a good pick in the 2nd Round and a steal in the 3rd round if the Steelers can get him.

I'd have rather seen them take Jenkins, though I was really hoping Farley fell to us. I just don't think the RB position is valuable enough to draft this highly. I might change my opinion if a quality lineman falls to us in the 2nd, though.
They went RB because they want to win now. They have no backs and can't have Ben throwing 50 times a game.

Interesting to see what Canada can do with this offense.

I’m hoping Dickerson or Humphrey are still there in the second round. Part of me wonders if they would’ve drafted Dickerson at 24 if he didn’t have the injury issues.

I think that would be my best case scenario for the second round as well. But of course both of those guys could be long gone by then.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I would have taken Jenkins. Hasn't given up sack kin over 2 seasons.

I saw a mock draft today that had Trey Lance sliding all the way to the Stillers. Hilarious.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I'd rather they get a tackle or a center and he's going to be a guard in the NFL.
He is a plug and play OT in my opinion. He controlled Chase Young a couple years ago and has upside to get better. He does provide position flexibility and could play OG as well. I like Dickerson from Alabama as well if he is available.

I would have taken Jenkins. Hasn't given up sack kin over 2 seasons.

I saw a mock draft today that had Trey Lance sliding all the way to the Stillers. Hilarious.

Yeah some of those mocks are pretty bad. Most places I saw had Lance’s over/under draft position at 6.5, which is a helluva long way from pick #24.

I don't think that's a guarantee. Banner might make people pine for Villanueva. I don't think either are ideal. Especially opposite Okorafor.

Either way I really don't think you should be relying on a guy who played about two quarters of NFL football before getting hurt to be a starting tackle. I mean if that was a high draft pick that you had that happen to then sure, you are going to assume that he can come back and play at a high level. But Banner is a guy who bounced around to several teams even before he got hurt, so there is no reason to assume that he is going to be a good NFL tackle.

Good luck winning with those tackles.
I thought Okorafor was fine last year, Banner is a question mark. Villanueva was terrible and Pouncey was worse than Hassenauer. Decastro was hurt all year and I thought Dotson was good.

I don't think the line is as putrid as everyone thinks. An RB that can make a yard on his own would help a lot. Their RBs were so bad.

Notable offensive linemen still available heading into Friday:

- Jaylen Mayfield OT Michigan
- Tevin Jenkins OT Oklahoma State
- Dillon Radunz OT North Dakota State
- Landon Dickerson C Alabama
- Quinn Meinerz OG UW-Whitewater
- Liam Eichenburg OT Notre Dame
- Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma
- Josh Myers C Ohio State
- Samuel Cosmi OT Texas

This is why I was fine with them taking a running back in the first round this year. There’s a solid chance you can get the same type of value at OL in the second round that you could at 24. No way was any RB comparable to Harris (outside of Williams?) going to be there at 55.

Also, one more thing regarding Harris: It’s not like they reached for a RB. They picked the first (and best) one off the board. Every RB drafted first the past five years (Elliott, Fournette, Barkley, Jacobs, Edwards-Helaire) had great returns early on.

Maybe we’ve been looking at the RB/1st round debate wrong. Perhaps it’s not about a lack of value, but rather an issue of supply vs demand at the position? There’s the issue with workload and second contracts but the Steelers are trying to win now anyways.

Glad as hell we got Najee. I’ve seen too many 2nd and 2 and 3rd and one when we had no shot. The Steelers can now concentrate on fortifying the line. Center in round 2. Landon Dickerson, Creed Humphrey or Quinn Minersz
On top of that, Harris provides something that simply no other back on the roster does. Anthony McFarland showed some flashes as a “game breaker” type in Canada’s offense at Maryland. They could end up complimenting each other quite well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT