ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers Draft

My only issue with the Harris pick is the general idea that picking running backs in the first round is not usually a good idea. But as I said on Thursday I can see how they got to where they did with that pick. If the Vikings had not taken Darrisaw at 23 then I would have had a problem with picking Harris over him. But given the way that the picks fell Harris was probably the best choice left that they could have made. The ideal situation then would have been to trade down, but I never fault a team for not trading down because we have no idea what anyone offered to move to that spot, or even if anyone would have been interested.

On the other hand, I do think that guys like Humphrey or Myers had more value to them in the second round. Maybe even Jaylen Mayfield.
They had their choice out of 2 of the top 5 cwnters in the third maybe they thought green was as good as Humphrey. Most would have been happy if they took Meinerz in the second they could have had him in the third. I didn't have a issue with the firat three rounds. Had some guys like darrishaw or farley dropped in the first i wouldnt have liked the harris pick, same thing in the 2nd with guys like samuel or dickerson.
If i was running the team i wouldnt have brought ben back and would have rebuilt the ol through the draft and signed a fa rb. Then i look to see what i have in Rudolph or haskins. If they fail as i would expect then i take a qb in 2021 or sign one and i have a rebuilt ol to go with them

I get it. When the talking heads disagree with the fanboys the fanboys don't like them. When the talking heads agree with the fanboys the fanboys love them.
Yep. I'm a Steeler fan who realizes that they made a great pick getting the Best RB in the draft at #24, as opposed to the 5th best OT. Getting the #2 TE @ 55 when they had a 1st round grade on him was also a great pick. He'll be a big factor in Matt Canada's offense. Getting Green in the 3rd was also a very good value pick.....but do keep hanging off of Mel Kiper's sack.

Yep. I'm a Steeler fan who realizes that they made a great pick getting the Best RB in the draft at #24, as opposed to the 5th best OT. Getting the #2 TE @ 55 when they had a 1st round grade on him was also a great pick. He'll be a big factor in Matt Canada's offense. Getting Green in the 3rd was also a very good value pick.....but do keep hanging off of Mel Kiper's sack.
Easy tiger
It’s not that serious

Easy tiger
It’s not that serious

It's funny watching someone get so wound up because I happen to disagree with his fanboy take, and it's even funnier seeing how much more it irritates him that someone else pointed out that many of the neutral observers agree with me and not him.

Unlike most people in this thread, he can't even fathom the possibility that there is even the smallest chance that he might be wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall
It's funny watching someone get so wound up because I happen to disagree with his fanboy take, and it's even funnier seeing how much more it irritates him that someone else pointed out that many of the neutral observers agree with me and not him.

Unlike most people in this thread, he can't even fathom the possibility that there is even the smallest chance that he might be wrong.
Well as someone who happens to disagree with your and neutral observers opinion
I can also say - meh we’ll see .
And odds are in 3-4 years we’ll all forget who argued for what

except that smf will be wrong

Never understood why people begrudge anyone for getting paid what the market will yield.

I do understand the fan resentment and frustration toward a guy sucking up a huge chunk of a team's much needed cap space while under-performing and preventing his team from making critical roster moves. See Miguel Cabrera and the Detroit Tigers for example. Still. you can't blame a player for getting everything he could at the bargaining table.
People equate salary with a human’s worth. Teachers, dentists, and doctors are more valuable to a society than a football player, but elite athlete scarcity is greater.

I think athletes are dramatically overpaid, so I don’t buy tickets to pro sports and try as hard as possible to not support them...but I buy Coke products and a million other things that sponsor them.

I thought the steelers did a great job this year at drafting based on best available talent and not strictly on need. They didn't truly over reach a draft a position because thats what they needed to fill. Better team use this strategy.

Reactions: CougarClaws
I thought the steelers did a great job this year at drafting based on best available talent and not strictly on need. They didn't truly over reach a draft a position because thats what they needed to fill. Better team use this strategy.
If the Steelers had any history of completely blowing the draft the criticism might hold water. In modern history they are one of the most successful franchises.

Some fans are ridiculous and live to bitch. It is what it is. It's as if they think the Steelers had no concept of what they really valued on their board and just threw darts to figure it out......

Yeah I thought they mixed it up quite well. Didn't lock into just the most glaring need exclusively, probably because they needed RB's, LB's, DB's & TE's almost as bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT