ADVERTISEMENT

Trouble in paradise with Dejan

Read the article. Learn something. Nothing is as simple as it appears.

I did. I am saying that obviously Revenge of the Nerds has some truth to it. But by and large, two equally qualified people, it is going to swing in favor of the more attractive person. I am not trying to be flippant here FP.

This is the second time that I every agreed with you.

I always tell Mrs Buffett I don't go to work to meet or make friends it's strictly business.

Sexual harrassment is so rules based we had a female VP get in serious trouble when her husband ( not an employee of the company) made some "you look great or worse " comments to another female employee at a kids soccer game.

The co worker reported it to HR on Monday and the VP from our company was told the actions of her husband constituted sexual harrasssment that she was responsible for his behavior and if it continues ..............

The same applies if you host a Christmas party or summer outing at your home. You better know and trust the people attending.

Business dinners when traveling have become exactly that totally business. It's not worth the risk of discussing anything that can be construed as creating a Hostile Work Environment since when on business that's still considered work.

Mrs Buffett always reminds me when I go on business travel "keep the mouth and the zipper zipped until you get home". Good advise!

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go Pitt & CSU Rams!
Im also not Facebook friends with anyone I work with or who reports to me.

As a policy- and I tell them that if they try to “friend” me.
I’ll be friends with them when we don’t work together

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
Could it be create a hostile work environment? Sure. Would it have grounds for a legal action? Maybe and maybe not because first you have to prove the individual was treated in a hostile manner by a reasonable person. Then the burden of proof would be having to show it was discriminatory AND there was loss because of it. Now, because he was the boss, that could be enough to say there was no one else to go to or she was treated in a way that limited her opportunities because of her sex and/or other employees treated her differently because of the boss' behavior.

But, beyond the actual grounds, that doesn't change my opinion. It is stupid by DK (a guy I do not like and think is an absolute hack) but not necessarily criminal, harassment, abnormal, or wrong. Society has completely jumped the shark with this stuff.
I agree with the content of your post but it your conclusion.

Then DK also exposed some of ridiculous and ludicrous training stuff, "HOKAHEY" which had nothing to do with teaching a team that is so fundamentally bereft with baseball fundamentals but treating them like they are in the marines.

Yeah, but the ironic thing about that is that a few years before that, when DK was a Penguins beat writer, the Penguins did the exact same kind of program. They were so happy with it that they then did it the following year as well. And DK had absolutely no problem with it then. Because the Pens were successful, and the Pirates, well, not so much.

Like most of the media in this town, he knows who to take shots at and who not to and he generally acts accordingly.

How can this chick with the big tits and terrible teeth keep getting in the spotlight on this board?

I think she needs to buy tops that fit her better.

15698218_10154689339315767_6105362798792585766_n.jpg

"don't look at my chest that i am shoving in your face if you are old, ugly, and out of shape like Dejan"

Reactions: KanePA
women are guilty of everything you hear about men being accused of in the workplace and worse

though instead of flirting it's often insults, instead of a "hey nice haircut" it's "you need a haircut"

we can all agree, this chick is pretty hot though. right?

i can see guys liking her but i definitely don't

she had a dead look to her eyes that make it obvious she's crazy and i prefer a more classy appearance over the "I'll flaunt my tits but don't look if you're ugly" appearance

you can't win with these SJW's, if you say she's not attractive you're a bad guy if you say she is attractive you're a bad guy

Reactions: KanePA
women don't go to work looking for a date or a boyfriend. .

they don't? sure that's not their goal as people go to work to make money, but of course they date men they work with

you've worked at places where women weren't dating any coworkers?

statistics say that is where most people meet their lifetime partner or at the very least most people have dated a coworker at some point

when men and women are around each other, it's natural to be attracted to somebody sooner or later

i can see guys liking her but i definitely don't

she had a dead look to her eyes that make it obvious she's crazy and i prefer a more classy appearance over the "I'll flaunt my tits but don't look if you're ugly" appearance

you can't win with these SJW's, if you say she's not attractive you're a bad guy if you say she is attractive you're a bad guy
Above the neck, not much goin for her. I’ll accept any insults for saying this.

Above the neck, not much goin for her. I’ll accept any insults for saying this.

Howard Stern used to have these Miss Butterface contests where a woman would walk in with a paper bag over her face and guys would judge her body in a bikini. Then they’d remove the bag and re-judge. I honestly think Sara would win that competition. Her body is amazing, and her face isn’t awful, but it’s not one you want to wake up next to either.

Howard Stern used to have these Miss Butterface contests where a woman would walk in with a paper bag over her face and guys would judge her body in a bikini. Then they’d remove the bag and re-judge. I honestly think Sara would win that competition. Her body is amazing, and her face isn’t awful, but it’s not one you want to wake up next to either.
Okay, there was some really good discussion and debate on this thread but now it is devolving into what got DK in trouble, and that is guys being guys.

Oh another thing, I agree.

Reactions: bwh05 and KanePA
My Dad sat me down as I was about to begin my career after graduating from PITT. His #1 rule that he conveyed to me was that you never date anyone that you work with.

I asked him why not? His reply was simple and to the point,
"Because you don't sh*t where you eat!"

Advice taken...

True, but I always interpreted Tony Soprano's quote to mean not to date the boss or someone who works for you. I have no problem dating a girl in accounting that works on the other end of the floor in the office.

Man, there are some really stupid posts in this thread. What type of man makes sexual comments about someone he works with to other co-workers? That's not 'guys being guys', that's a grown man acting like a socially-maladjusted teenage boy.

Though by all means, keep crying like little bitches over how 'men can't be men any more' just because you aren't free to say things like, 'Look at the tits on that one'. What a tragedy! In the annals of history, the inability for men to say crude things will surely go down as one of the most significant injustices of the 21st century.

Guys still say that. They’re just stupid enough to document it now. Kind of like how nudes exist because as the cliche goes common sense is not so common anymore.

Man, there are some really stupid posts in this thread. What type of man makes sexual comments about someone he works with to other co-workers? That's not 'guys being guys', that's a grown man acting like a socially-maladjusted teenage boy.

Though by all means, keep crying like little bitches over how 'men can't be men any more' just because you aren't free to say things like, 'Look at the tits on that one'. What a tragedy! In the annals of history, the inability for men to say crude things will surely go down as one of the most significant injustices of the 21st century.
uh, yes...men used to be called out for being cads. they were taught to be gentlemen. Then the billy jean kings and Helen Reddy's of the world came into being. I am woman hear me roar. True gentleman now became condescending sexists. The sexual revolution where they wanted to act like men and carouse like men. They wanted to jump from bed to bed and not be ostracized for doing so. The wanted to be treated equally. They wanted to work on road crews because they were as hard and as tough as men (we all know this has morphed into the stop/slow sign gal). The wanted to be physically weak fire-persons and police-persons that society bent over backwards to put in place. Now, these tough gals are utterly shy little violets unable simply to tell a guy to f'off without making a federal case out of it...give me a break, either strive to be ladies that any man will respect or take as a man because that is what you wanted. you can't have it both ways because those of us with johnsons don't have a codebook to figure you out.

Last edited:
uh, yes...men used to be called out for being cads. they were taught to be gentlemen. Then the billy jean kings and Helen Reddy's of the world came into being. I am woman hear me roar. The sexual revolution where the wanted to act like men and carouse like men. They wanted to jump from bed to bed and not be ostracized for doing so. The wanted to be treated equally. They wanted to work on road crews because they were as hard and as tough as men (we all know this has morphed into the stop/slow sign gal). The wanted to be weak fire-persons and police-persons. Now, these tough gals are utterly shy little violets unable simple to tell a guy to f'off without making a federal case out of it...give me a break, either strive to be ladies that any man will respect or take as a man because that is what you wanted. you can't have it both ways.

Man, I don't even know where to begin...The notion that sleeping around is only acceptable for one gender, the implication that women shouldn't be firefighters or police officers, the assertion that women should 'strive to be ladies that men will respect'. There's so much sexist garbage here, I can't make heads or tails of it. Congratulations, you are so stupid, you literally stunned me.

uh, yes...men used to be called out for being cads. they were taught to be gentlemen. Then the billy jean kings and Helen Reddy's of the world came into being. I am woman hear me roar. True gentleman now became condescending sexists. The sexual revolution where they wanted to act like men and carouse like men. They wanted to jump from bed to bed and not be ostracized for doing so. The wanted to be treated equally. They wanted to work on road crews because they were as hard and as tough as men (we all know this has morphed into the stop/slow sign gal). The wanted to be physically weak fire-persons and police-persons that society bent over backwards to put in place. Now, these tough gals are utterly shy little violets unable simple to tell a guy to f'off without making a federal case out of it...give me a break, either strive to be ladies that any man will respect or take as a man because that is what you wanted. you can't have it both ways.

Right on, right on , right on "brother."

These comments do not apply to sexual assault or rape. They apply to situations where a person has the option of saying NO GET LOST!

Today Mrs Buffett owns her own media business but worked for many firms to learn the business starting out at J Walter Thompson in NYCity to smaller privately owned firms.

As she told me she had to straighten out lots of guys, and lost a few jobs over the years for saying " no get lost" which goes with the territory of being an attractive woman in business.

One of the reasons I married her was that she was a real woman who controlled her destiny. I experienced that control a number of times early on in our relationship which impressed me.

Most of her friends had professional jobs and were just like her, real women who controlled their lives which seems to be a quality in short supply these days.

If a guy said something, or did something that she didn't like the guy would be sure to know in a number of different ways that he was going down the wrong road without making as you said a federal case out of the situation.

A prime example is Matt Lauer's production asst who he called to his office and told her to take off your blouse, she did so and the rest of the story is well documented.

Her answer should have been NO!

More woman need to take control of their lives rather than relying on others to rescue them!

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go Pitt & CSU Rams!

Last edited:
As she told me she had to straighten out lots of guys, and lost a few jobs over the years for saying " no get lost" which goes with the territory of being an attractive woman in business.

I salute you, sir, because I didn't think anyone could top upj's stupidity. A woman losing her job for speaking out against harassment or otherwise lewd behavior 'goes with the territory'? What a stupid point of view.

uh, yes...men used to be called out for being cads. they were taught to be gentlemen. Then the billy jean kings and Helen Reddy's of the world came into being. I am woman hear me roar. True gentleman now became condescending sexists. The sexual revolution where they wanted to act like men and carouse like men. They wanted to jump from bed to bed and not be ostracized for doing so. The wanted to be treated equally. They wanted to work on road crews because they were as hard and as tough as men (we all know this has morphed into the stop/slow sign gal). The wanted to be physically weak fire-persons and police-persons that society bent over backwards to put in place. Now, these tough gals are utterly shy little violets unable simply to tell a guy to f'off without making a federal case out of it...give me a break, either strive to be ladies that any man will respect or take as a man because that is what you wanted. you can't have it both ways because those of us with johnsons don't have a codebook to figure you out.

There is so much wrong here I don't even know where to start. I love when folks out themselves.

Im also not Facebook friends with anyone I work with or who reports to me.

As a policy- and I tell them that if they try to “friend” me.
I’ll be friends with them when we don’t work together

Good plan but the scope of liability it goes beyond direct reports.

Any social media communication facebook, email, text messages etc. with content other than business isn't a good idea since it might be interpreted the wrong way.

Last edited:
I salute you, sir, because I didn't think anyone could top upj's stupidity. A woman losing her job for speaking out against harassment or otherwise lewd behavior 'goes with the territory'? What a stupid point of view.

It should, this attitude that the women decide what the harassment is and men doing something they think is innocent and harmless is BS, why does the woman's opinion trump the man's? It's ridiculous.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
It should, this attitude that the women decide what the harassment is and men doing something they think is innocent and harmless is BS, why does the woman's opinion trump the man's? It's ridiculous.

I don't think that anyone has the right to decide what someone else should be offended by. If someone lets me know that my conduct towards them is over the line (which has happened), then I have to take that at face value, whether I think they should be offended or not.

Reactions: burnie1105

.... Is this a serious question?

Reactions: burnie1105

fyi

Most women who accuse a man of sexual harrassment in the workplace receive a settlement and in accordance with the settlement agreement leave the company. When a settlement with a female accuser takes place the male usually leaves the company too.

This is a common resolution these days!

He is not saying that at all. I think he is saying you can't have it both ways, which is what everyone seems to want these days, men and women alike.

Man, I don't even know where to begin...The notion that sleeping around is only acceptable for one gender, the implication that women shouldn't be firefighters or police officers, the assertion that women should 'strive to be ladies that men will respect'. There's so much sexist garbage here, I can't make heads or tails of it. Congratulations, you are so stupid, you literally stunned me.

She didn’t lose her job for harassment or lewd comments .

She lost her job for being a poor writer.

The story came after

She should never have gotten the job, but I don't see he complaining about why she was hired in the first place.

I'm not even sure what the story here is, other than DK being a dummy.

qLWcCH.jpg

Reactions: brickfhouse
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT