ADVERTISEMENT

Trouble in paradise with Dejan

qLWcCH.jpg

Being a well adjusted adult makes me a white knight? Ok pal, whatever you say. By all means, keep acting like a juvenile into your 40s and 50s.

I can't access the site tonight - website or iPhone app. Wonder if that's all she wrote???

DK wrote a rebuttal to the impending Deadspin article set to come out, probably tomorrow. Holy crap the drama. He has really made some enemies and they are really out to get him it seems. I am not saying he is innocent of anything, because obviously why are so many people seemingly in delight over his impending demise. But I also wonder how much of this is way overblown by some former employees who were fired because they weren't up to par.

DK wrote a rebuttal to the impending Deadspin article set to come out, probably tomorrow. Holy crap the drama. He has really made some enemies and they are really out to get him it seems. I am not saying he is innocent of anything, because obviously why are so many people seemingly in delight over his impending demise. But I also wonder how much of this is way overblown by some former employees who were fired because they weren't up to par.
There is no par anymore it seems.

He’s clearly an asshole.
But this vitriol is crazy.
Big mistakes trying to be a boss - when he really needed an office manager.

I still like his site and writing better than others options.

But I also like bill Simmons and Tony kornheiser- so I tend to be amused by big opinions .
I don’t want a writer to agree with me, I want them to challenge my opinions. .

Most interesting in the rebuttal is the “her tits channel 11 “ wasn’t said by him but to him.
I found that credible.

Reactions: P1TTFAN and KanePA
I don't think that anyone has the right to decide what someone else should be offended by. If someone lets me know that my conduct towards them is over the line (which has happened), then I have to take that at face value, whether I think they should be offended or not.
Why does their opinion overrule yours? Why do they get to decide what's offensive and not you?

He’s clearly an asshole.
But this vitriol is crazy.
Big mistakes trying to be a boss - when he really needed an office manager.

I still like his site and writing better than others options.

But I also like bill Simmons and Tony kornheiser- so I tend to be amused by big opinions .
I don’t want a writer to agree with me, I want them to challenge my opinions. .

Most interesting in the rebuttal is the “her tits channel 11 “ wasn’t said by him but to him.
I found that credible.
Agree. It is why I rarely read beat writers reports of games that I watch. Why do I want to read someone's recap of a game I watched and can figure out what happened on my own. I prefer opinions and insight, even if I don't agree with them. He gives that better than most here locally. But yeah, he must be an arrogant jerk (lol sound familar?) to have so many want to see him fail.

Why does their opinion overrule yours? Why do they get to decide what's offensive and not you?

Well some things that are overtly offensive is obvious. But you do have a point, however if you are truly offended and it is something that is somewhat commonplace, I think the best thing to do and way to handle is to politely let your boss know or the offender know that this bothers you and you are offended. Then if it continues, you have a gripe. But to not say anything, do a lousy job then get fired and come back with this because there is now this culture to attack male bosses for anything that can be construed as questionable in a public setting is wrong. And hence, Ski, that was the reason for my original post. This new hammer by this movement is being used way too much now to settle petty grievances. People's lives are getting ruined or at least reps being damaged and I am not sure that is all merited by just some of this "he said/she said" stuff.

I found Dk at least honest enough to admit his mistakes in how he was running the business. Clearly he was not prepared for the administration and HR issues from the get go. And as he said that is on him. I also think the sour grapes for certain ex employees are their views only. Fired employees rarely like to be fired. Especially when you have very limited options to begin with. But if found Yohe and Kaboly as at best mediocre contributors. I think both have done a dis-service in agenda driven deadspin sensation driven headlines. If you were wrongly terminated, there are remedies available for you to utilize.

It is not over. See, there is way too much smoke here, there has to be fire. Something is wrong with him and his business.

Chris Mueller‏@bychrismueller
Today, I resigned from my position with DK Pittsburgh Sports. Thanks to all who followed along with my work. I’m not entirely sure what’s next, but there are several different avenues I’m planning to explore.

11:56 AM - 25 Jan 2018

Reactions: lilspainishflea
that bar gets lower by the day, it's a moving target and you are right, a lot of men don't realize this.

my advice to men in the workforce was perfect, don't talk to anyone, don't look at anyone, don't socialize in any way, shape or manner. Say hello and keep moving. don't look down, eye contact only with a slight smile. never compliment a person of the opposite sex ever, not on clothing, hair, nothing, ever. never be in an office or conference room with a member of the opposite sex with a closed door, ever.

less is more, always..
never be in an office or conference room with a member of the opposite sex with a closed door, ever

How about 2 or more ???

Holy BLEEP! You got to read this. I am not sure if this is true, but it is worse than I thought it would be.
Is it? The only sexual claim is that he asked another female to be in a 3some with him and his wife or with his wife. She never worked for him and deleted the texts. There are 0 sexual texts to Civian presented. He comes off as an absolute douche and bad boss, but EVERYONE who has ever followed him would expect that.

I figured there would be message after message screenshotted with him talking about sex and her body. There is nothing. This was a couple months ago and she didn't keep any of this evidence? There is literally ABOSLUTELY NOTHING to suggest sexual harassment or a hostile work environment. This might be the calmest "slam piece" in deadspin history.

Honestly he seems like a petulant asshole which, tho annoying, is not illegal. The rest of the stuff is ranges from blah to bizarre (request a 3 some via text to a girl you don’t know well?). Maybe that was a bad joke, idk

Reactions: Jpripper88
Being a well adjusted adult makes me a white knight? Ok pal, whatever you say. By all means, keep acting like a juvenile into your 40s and 50s.

i'm younger than that

a woman shows off her cleavage, she wants guys to look... as long as they aren't old and ugly like dejan and they don't have an ax to grind after getting fired, saying otherwise makes you a white knight

what do you think of men being harassed by women and gay guys in the workplace?

Reactions: brickfhouse
i'm younger than that

a woman shows off her cleavage, she wants guys to look... as long as they aren't old and ugly like dejan and they don't have an ax to grind after getting fired, saying otherwise makes you a white knight

what do you think of men being harassed by women and gay guys in the workplace?

I don't think anyone should be harassed in the workplace. Shocking position to take, I know.

Not that I'm actually doing this, but just for the sake of argument (or illustration), if I were to tell you to go F off, it is me, not you, who determines whether you are to be offended by that. Makes perfect sense.

Holy BLEEP! You got to read this. I am not sure if this is true, but it is worse than I thought it would be.

Really? It really didn't sound that bad. DK is an a**hole who has no clue how to manage a business, which he admits.

Which, unfortunately is pretty common, but nothing shocking at all

I expected a little worse. There wasn't a whole lot of new information in there and even the "new" stuff that was leaked has no proof as the text messages were apparently deleted.

Because that's definitely analogous to being at work dressed in work attire. Totally an apt comparison. You are the smartest man alive.

i think it's a relevant pic

it's hilarious how one of the loudest voices in the "METOO" fiasco wore that in public at a a big awards show and now wants to complain about the unwanted attention women get

it's why nobody really takes their claims seriously, including the cleavage flaunting psycho accusing dejan

i think it's a relevant pic

it's hilarious how one of the loudest voices in the "METOO" fiasco wore that in public at a a big awards show and now wants to complain about the unwanted attention women get

it's why nobody really takes their claims seriously, including the cleavage flaunting psycho accusing dejan

Ah, the classic 'she was asking for it' argument. Definitely a rational argument, because as anyone can plainly deduce, wearing revealing clothing is an open invitation to being sexually harassed and/or assaulted.

Reactions: pittdan77
Ah, the classic 'she was asking for it' argument. Definitely a rational argument, because as anyone can plainly deduce, wearing revealing clothing is an open invitation to being sexually harassed and/or assaulted.

no excuse for assault but if your nipples and ass are visible like rose's in front of millions of viewers, yes you'll have to deal with "unwanted" comments and thoughts on your body

why is that so hard to comprehend? shouldn't these "strong" women be able to handle something as simple as that? if you don't want attention paid to your body, maybe don't show it off, not to mention it's far more classy, professional, and lady like to leave something to the imagination

a moment of silence for more "victims" of unwanted flirting due to their chosen attire worn in front of millions

alyssa-milano.jpeg

67575.jpg

th

Reactions: brickfhouse
no excuse for assault but if your nipples and ass are visible like rose's in front of millions of viewers, yes you'll have to deal with "unwanted" comments and thoughts on your body

why is that so hard to comprehend? shouldn't these "strong" women be able to handle something as simple as that? if you don't want attention paid to your body, maybe don't show it off, not to mention it's far more classy, professional, and lady like to leave something to the imagination

a moment of silence for more "victims" of unwanted flirting due to their chosen attire worn in front of millions

alyssa-milano.jpeg

67575.jpg

th

Or perhaps the "strong" men should refrain from making the unwanted comments; that's far more classy, professional, and gentlemanly. But hey, why avoid acting like a lewd jackass when you can try to justify grown men acting like fourteen year olds?

Or perhaps the "strong" men should refrain from making the unwanted comments; that's far more classy, professional, and gentlemanly. But hey, why avoid acting like a lewd jackass when you can try to justify grown men acting like fourteen year olds?

But how else am I supposed to feel alpha?

alyssa-milano.jpeg

67575.jpg

th

Has it been unwanted, amicable flirting that's an issue? Or has it been an inability to take "no" for an answer and either continuing to badger or outright forcing oneself on somebody?

Last edited:
Not that I'm actually doing this, but just for the sake of argument (or illustration), if I were to tell you to go F off, it is me, not you, who determines whether you are to be offended by that. Makes perfect sense.

"All I told her was that those pants fit her really well today and she should smile more because she's really pretty when she does, how is that an issue?"

Is it? The only sexual claim is that he asked another female to be in a 3some with him and his wife or with his wife. She never worked for him and deleted the texts. There are 0 sexual texts to Civian presented. He comes off as an absolute douche and bad boss, but EVERYONE who has ever followed him would expect that.

I figured there would be message after message screenshotted with him talking about sex and her body. There is nothing. This was a couple months ago and she didn't keep any of this evidence? There is literally ABOSLUTELY NOTHING to suggest sexual harassment or a hostile work environment. This might be the calmest "slam piece" in deadspin history.
Agreed.

Alot of this is circumstantial, alot of this is bad behavior and bad management, and just shoddy treatment overall. Sexual Harassment? Well even the 3some comment is more boorish and assholish behavior than sexual harassment in the form she was not an employee.

Here's the biggest issue I have. Someone's lying. And is it the 5, 10, 15, 20 people all lying and conspiring to make up or overblow stuff to get back at DK, or is it DK? I think sheer math has to come into play here. And that's sad, because I like DK's writing and takes.

The fact that ANOTHER writer quit (male) yesterday is indicative of who is doing most of the lying.

I don't see his "company" lasting much longer because a) who is going to work there and b) what kind of credibility is he going to have.

But how else am I supposed to feel alpha?

He doesn't. That dude is about two rejections away from going LA Fitness on us, but it's not him and his absurd attitudes that are the problem, it's that all women are sluts and they just can't see how great he is.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT