ADVERTISEMENT

Ukraine discussion thread - Use this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you kidding me? She's a moron. Condescending and arrogant as all hell. She just likes photo ops, she has no desire to do any heavy lifting.

It's shameful that we have a moron for a V.P. now. She's great at cackling and being stupid and ignorant of current events, but that's about it. There's a reason she only garnered....what....2% of the vote in the Dem presidential primary IN HER OWN STATE!! People are smart enough now to know she is totally unqualified to hold any type of public office. But they were once stupid enough to vote for her.

FNRIXViXMAksHsb
Maria-Baronova.jpg

This X editor in chief from Russia got something about her ... Just sayin' ....

Reactions: ONGB
Just wanted to recalibrate away from the typical talking points.

Our world would be a much better place if Putin were taken out by any means necessary. He will not stop by simply taking over the Ukraine. The world (Europe specifically) better unite and stop this POS in his tracks now.

I'm not going to address the many non-facts in your post. It would take too long.

One thing is obvious...you have no understanding of the U.S. Constitution, the Electoral College or the voting mechanism in a Constitutional Republic. Understand that we are, thankfully, not a democracy. We do not rule by mob rule. We are a Constitutional Republic, which gives rise to the beauty and the practicality of the Electoral College. I suggest you do some reading on the Constitution and why we have an Electoral College. Our Founding Fathers knew what they were doing because they learned from the mistakes of the British monarchy.
Oh I understand The Great Compromise and that different houses have different representation.. . And 3/5 of each slave was alloted representation (just not for the slave)...
and I'm allowed to my personal feelings about the mechanics of the electoral college (and composition of Senate) which results in some states with more representation per capita than others..
I love that people don't all think like me.. can't understand why so many are so intolerant of the opinions of others, ideas of others, politics of others.. it's alarming...

Last edited:
The short version of what the US is guilty of: ignoring Russia's legitimate (from their perspective) perspective of security concerns from having a western country on their border. The US has been meddling in Ukraine politics to push them toward the west. Russia does not trust that NATO or EU membership is purely defensive in nature with the US next door.

Who knows when the meddling started, but absolute proof came in a leaked 2014 phone call between Victoria Nuland and Amb. Geoff Pyatt.

Russia was not happy with the coup and the US help.

Since then, the US has armed Ukraine. Those arms can serve only one purpose - fighting Russia or its surrogates.

Russia's, or I should say Putin's, security concerns may be legitimate from their perspective, but aren't legitimate in the real world. It's like Mexico asking the US to remove military bases from Texas because it makes them nervous.

The leaked call is weak sauce when you consider the absolutely direct meddling and undermining of Ukraine as a nation done by Russia since it gained independence. My lord, it is not even comparable. They've fixed elections, all sorts of things (and I don't mean the weak US election interference, I mean direct fixing). We are talking about an independent nation here that CLEARLY wanted to align with the West, not a Soviet republic no matter how much Putin wishes it still was one.

Really what the West did was model a prosperous, open, free society, and the success of Poland, Romania, and Hungary made Ukranians want the same. That is really the underlying issue. Being under the Russian sphere of influence means being held back by corrupt and subservient government. They know about that first hand and wanted no part of it any longer, hence 2014.

We absolutely had the right to arm Ukraine because they've been invaded repeatedly by Russia and continually have been undermined and interfered with. Anyone knew more was coming. The US big mistake was not arming them more and preemptively taking our direct involvement off the table. We, the collective West, were weak and beholden to Russian gas $.

Last edited:
If people can't understand why others might be concerned about the POSSIBILITY of voter suppression, then I just don't understand people anymore

If you think border encounters tripling over the past year over year is pretty well i guess.
Well by 2019 they had more then tripled compared to Obama's last year in office but that seemed to be fine with Republicans....not a peep.

Russia's, or I should say Putin's, security concerns may be legitimate from their perspective, but aren't legitimate in the real world. It's like Mexico asking the US to remove military bases from Texas because it makes them nervous.

The leaked call is weak sauce when you consider the absolutely direct meddling and undermining of Ukraine as a nation done by Russia since it gained independence. My lord, it is not even comparable. They've fixed elections, all sorts of things (and I don't mean the weak US election interference, I mean direct fixing). We are talking about an independent nation here that CLEARLY wanted to align with the West, not a Soviet republic no matter how much Putin wishes it still was one.

Really what the West did was model a prosperous, open, free society, and the success of Poland, Romania, and Hungary made Ukranians want the same. That is really the underlying issue. Being under the Russian sphere of influence means being held back by corrupt and subservient government. They know about that first hand and wanted no part of it any longer, hence 2014.

We absolutely had the right to arm Ukraine because they've been invaded repeatedly by Russia and continually have been undermined and interfered with. Anyone knew more was coming. The US big mistake was not arming them more and preemptively taking our direct involvement off the table. We, the collective West, were weak and beholden to Russian gas $.
I have a sinking feeling that we will end up at some point Fighting against the very weapons we are arming Ukraine with. It's just more history repeating itself. We armed Iraq then had to fight them. Armed Afghanistan then fought them. For me it wasn't who we are arming but that it seems like everytime we arm a country we end up having to fight against that country a few decades later. Then I hear about the aslov gang and think yep that's where it likely goes. Not saying we should or shouldn't have armed those previous countries or Ukraine. I am sure there were solid reasons in all cases, but my gut tells me history will once again repeat itself

Reactions: PeetWeet2
so there were convictions ? I'm honestly asking here.. and from what I can see the MI claim has been debunked, no ? I see MI did an audit and this was debunked.. maybe GA will turn out different, but as far as I can tell, there really is not a "real" issue with voter fraud that I can see any "proof".. but open to that changing if any proff ever turns up..
Would you than agree there is nobody being disenfranchised? I mean seriously, find me someone not a convicted felon who can’t vote. Everyone can vote, and number of voters casting ballots doesn’t lie. Unless of course more people are not really voting themselves.

Won an election -
Enacted tax cuts , deregulation just like every gop president for 40 years
Exploded deficits and debt
That’s about it
Lost an election
Whined and cried and still lost
So yes, he did more than Bernie by winning the presidential election. Now try to avoid the CNN talking points and look at the good stuff he did. You can do it, you know you can name at least one. You won’t be harmed by CNN staff if you mention something positive.

Pretty well it seems based on increased drug seizures
And overseeing the actual deptS in charge of the border
You mean the rapidly growing deaths from drug overdoses. The secret plane rides in the middle of the night dropping off unknowns. I mean, Kamala hasn’t been to the border, or France too was it? So how does she even know what is going on? There is clear evidence things are not going well at the border.

Well by 2019 they had more then tripled compared to Obama's last year in office but that seemed to be fine with Republicans....not a peep.

You can't be serious.
The Republicans were screaming about securing the border for years. Everything Trump tried to do the Dems were against.
Biden even tried to dismantle the policy of sending them back to Mexico but was stopped by a court order.
It was Dems like Schumer et al that went against what they had talked about years before about building a wall.

Open borders,the Dems way of securing future votes.
It's transparent as Saran Wrap.

Last edited:
Would you than agree there is nobody being disenfranchised? I mean seriously, find me someone not a convicted felon who can’t vote. Everyone can vote, and number of voters casting ballots doesn’t lie. Unless of course more people are not really voting themselves.
Hi hate the D, and I hate R, political parties.. the Dems and R's conspired to take the debates away from the league of woman voters after they allowed Ross Perot to crash the party.. so now the Dems and the Rs control the debates and conspire to exclude other parties from debates, and conspire to exclude other parties in general... and as a result, YES, I do feel rather "disenfranchised" every four years when I see crook number 1 running against moron number 2 as my choices that have any real chance of winning..
furthermore, I would say that folks living in immoral gerrymandered districts where the voting districts are manipulated to control outcomes probably could feel "disenfranchised" somewhat..

HOW IN THE HELL IS KAMALA HARRIS NOT QUALIFIED? Yes that was in all caps! She was a sitting United States Senator and previously was the Attorney General of the most populated state in the union.

Next Voter ID laws always seem to coincide with states making it extremely hard for the poor and elderly to get ID's, in southern states they've shut down places to get ID's in African American communities.

Who tried to "delegitimize" the 2016 election? Trump lost the popular vote by a large margin yet, Clinton conceded, VP Joe Biden wasn't asked to overturn the election, no one stormed the Capital Building and so on.
Lol, are Dems still pushing the “black people cant find a polling booths” narrative? Talk about a condescending and bigoted idea.

Maybe these colleges should have a program where white college students show black people where to go on Election Day. They can give credits for it too, maybe make a major out of it. so everyone wins.

Stop this garbage. Elderly people vote in record numbers. Minorities know how to work a gps. You are a clown for even going with this non sensical idea that minorities can’t figure out how to vote. It’s pathetic.

Get me the name of one person who tried to vote and couldn’t.
Conemaugh is one. PA sent me an incorrect absentee ballot with the incorrect candidates listed. To PA's credit, it was a widespread issue in my district, so they mailed out new ballots. Unfortunately, my new corrected ballot did not arrive until after the election was over. I brought this up on the test board back in 2020 when it happened. Souf, to his credit, was very helpful.

Mass mail-in voting is primed for screw ups like this, and fraud.

I'm surprised to read that it's still in question that the US meddles in the internal affairs of other countries. It's seems to be our unofficial foreign policy.

1. Meddle with them until enough people start catching on.

2. Influence a war with/in said country. Reference communism or terrorism as the culprit.

3. Pick a side and arm them.

4. Find out those weapons being used against the US at a later date.

5. Go back to step 1, 2 or 3.

Oh I understand The Great Compromise and that different houses have different representation.. . And 3/5 of each slave was alloted representation (just not for the slave)...
and I'm allowed to my personal feelings about the mechanics of the electoral college (and composition of Senate) which results in some states with more representation per capita than others..
I love that people don't all think like me.. can't understand why so many are so intolerant of the opinions of others, ideas of others, politics of others.. it's alarming...

Yes, you are entitled to think however you want about anything. That's one of the merits of our Constitutional Republic, at least for now. And you are entitled to your own thoughts about the Electoral College, even if they're wrong and based on shortsightedness and a lack of understanding of the Constitution. That is your right.

Carry on. You won't be canceled unless what you're saying is in disagreement with what progressives believe. Then we may never hear from you again.

Last edited:
Conemaugh is one. PA sent me an incorrect absentee ballot with the incorrect candidates listed. To PA's credit, it was a widespread issue in my district, so they mailed out new ballots. Unfortunately, my new corrected ballot did not arrive until after the election was over. I brought this up on the test board back in 2020 when it happened. Souf, to his credit, was very helpful.

Mass mail-in voting is primed for screw ups like this, and fraud.
So go vote.

I'm surprised to read that it's still in question that the US meddles in the internal affairs of other countries. It's seems to be our unofficial foreign policy.

1. Meddle with them until enough people start catching on.

2. Influence a war with/in said country. Reference communism or terrorism as the culprit.

3. Pick a side and arm them.

4. Find out those weapons being used against the US at a later date.

5. Go back to step 1, 2 or 3.
Are you suggesting we stand by and watch Putin take over the Ukraine?

You can't be serious.
The Republicans were screaming about securing the border for years. Everything Trump tried to do the Dems were against.
Biden even tried to dismantle the policy of sending them back to Mexico but was stopped by a court order.
It was Dems like Schumer et al that went against what they had talked about years before about building a wall.

Open borders,the Dems way of securing future votes.
It's transparent as Saran Wrap.
I am entirely serious and also factual. Obama was more successful controlling the Southern border than Trump was.

You MAGA's with your replacement theory are something else.

Reactions: UP_WarStreets21
So go vote.
Well I would have, except that I had to be outside of the state for work purposes, which is why we had an absentee ballot process in the first place.

The mass mail-in voting that occurred in the last two elections in my opinion overwhelmed the state election board and contributed to the screw up.

I don't think we should have mail-in voting outside of the previous absentee ballot system that has worked just fine in the past. I think mass mail-in voting is primed for screw ups and fraud.

I am entirely serious and also factual. Obama was more successful controlling the Southern border than Trump was.

You MAGA's with your replacement theory are something else.

You and your fellow Dems are ridiculous.
You really shifted and deflected your "not a peep" comment,huh ?
I guess it didn't take long to realize that was a hilarious take.
After being emboldened by Dems in Congress doing nothing and seeing the Dems rooting for the illegals, the caravans started.
That is the fact.
Republicans didn't fight every move Obama tried to make re the southern border.
They had the same goal. Then they didn't because Trump. And their entire goal was to stop him from having any success on any given topic,no matter the ramifications to the US or how much they agreed on it previously.

"According to former officials in the Obama administration, the standard for a border crisis was 1,000 attempted crossings a day. Who was on the team that set that standard? President Joe Biden—then vice president—and Alejandro Mayorkas, then deputy secretary, and now secretary, of homeland security.

When the Trump administration ended, the U.S. was deporting more people than were illegally coming into the country. In less than a month under Biden, the number of people illegally coming into the country is more than 6,000 per day—that’s six times the crisis level as set by the Obama team."

Last edited:
Reactions: Dointhatrag

You completely ignored every concept in my post and argued whataboutism.

It doesn't matter whether Putin's concern is legitimate to you or the UN or anybody else. He has enough nukes to blow the world up multiple times. We have to recognize his concerns when we act in the world or he will react in ways we won't like. When we do ignore his concerns and rub his nose in it, we own part of the responsibility for his actions.

Reactions: BPKY
Yes, you are entitled to think however you want about anything. That's one of the merits of our Constitutional Republic, at least for now. And you are entitled to your own thoughts about the Electoral College, even if they're wrong and based on shortsightedness and a lack of understanding of the Constitution. That is your right.

Carry on. You won't be canceled unless what you're saying is in disagreement with what progressives believe. Then we may never hear from you again.
Well many Founding Fathers also had many contrary different thoughts and ideas.. The Virginia plan was a much different than the New Jersey Plan.. I feel different ideas are healthy and should be encouraged.. these days those with different ideas are demonized.. it's sad..

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
If people can't understand why others might be concerned about the POSSIBILITY of voter suppression, then I just don't understand people anymore
The problem is that bills written don't include any suppression so there no possibility exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT