ADVERTISEMENT

USMNT March fixtures thread

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
You cant make this stuff up. Berhalter considered fielding a B team vs Mexico, the worst Mexico team in decades it seems like. And it seems like he still may do it.

You cant make this stuff up. Berhalter considered fielding a B team vs Mexico, the worst Mexico team in decades it seems like. And it seems like he still may do it.

I don’t think it’s an easy call. Do you want to be the guy who starts his complete A team vs Mexico and then lose a couple to injury before the biggest match of the tourney on Sunday?

That said, Panama has a home match tonight vs the worst team in the tourney. Do they play their best with USA on horizon? I say they do because it’s a must 3pts for them.

This dildo makes it so easy to dislike him. He eff’d up with his roster decision @ Panama which is why he’s in squeaky bum time right now.
So he plays a B team to keep His A team for Panama
This is so or die. 3 games to punch a ticket to Qatar and he’s might be conservative.
Ride your A team for at least tue first 2 games. Be courageous, be brave, be confident.
What a bum.

This dildo makes it so easy to dislike him. He eff’d up with his roster decision @ Panama which is why he’s in squeaky bum time right now.
So he plays a B team to keep His A team for Panama
This is so or die. 3 games to punch a ticket to Qatar and he’s might be conservative.
Ride your A team for at least tue first 2 games. Be courageous, be brave, be confident.
What a bum.
Here’s my lineup and possibly even a prediction

Jedi Robinson Zimmerman yedlin
Adams, Musah, Acosta (maybe)
Pulisic, Ferrara, Weah

my hope (crush me if you want) is that adams gets a card tonight. Maybe even take the card late intentionally. You don’t need him at home vs Panama. And then you get him back for a road fixture vs Costa Rica if you need him.

bring Reyna in at 60 minutes tonight and start him Sunday.

I don’t think it’s an easy call. Do you want to be the guy who starts his complete A team vs Mexico and then lose a couple to injury before the biggest match of the tourney on Sunday?
Yep because Mexico isn't that good so you go down there and try to win the game. Period. You don't put everything on Panama. If you play a B team and lose and then you make a mistake against Panama, an own goal, a foul in the box and you lose 1-0, you are royally effed. Stop trying to be cute and try to win the games.

Yep because Mexico isn't that good so you go down there and try to win the game. Period. You don't put everything on Panama. If you play a B team and lose and then you make a mistake against Panama, an own goal, a foul in the box and you lose 1-0, you are royally effed. Stop trying to be cute and try to win the games.
For the record I can’t imagine that he will be messing around. I posted my predicted lineup. We shall see.

I want to see De La Torre in MF. In form and bright last qualifier. Also Pefok up front, in form. The rest is solid FK

I want to see De La Torre in MF. In form and bright last qualifier. Also Pefok up front, in form. The rest is solid FK
Someone said that by the sounds of things, Berhalter might have been leaning toward Pefok for the Panama game. So if that’s the case, I’m ok with it.

additionally, Jesus Ferreira and Paul Arriola are said to have massive chemistry at FC Dallas right now. So if that’s the case, how much worse could they be than Pefok if they were to play tonight? I’d be ok with those two and Christian in a front 3 tonight, and then Pulisic, Pefok and Weah for the Panama match.

What is his work rate like? Does he cover a lot of space and log a lot of miles? With the loss of arronson and McKennie we are losing some of that so I don’t know if I’d rather Acosta or LDLT.

What is his work rate like? Does he cover a lot of space and log a lot of miles? With the loss of arronson and McKennie we are losing some of that so I don’t know if I’d rather Acosta or LDLT.
I don't know too much about him. I only have memory of him in the last qualifier and he was brilliant. Moved forward, was positive and looked to create. Did a nice job of getting back but he primarily was looking to make something happen.

But I'd get Derp starting Acosta because he can clog up the midfield defensively with Adams. If that happens, hope it's the good Acosta. When he is on, he an Adams Jr. but when he is off, he's very very poor.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Well I'm going to bed tonight early hoping for great news tomorrow. 0345 will be here for wakeup and work before I know it and hopefully I'll see the lads grabbed 1 or 3 points. 0 points and I'll be bummed until Canada beats down CR dahn in San Jose.

If you need a perfect example of why you don't screw around and play your best to try to win the game in front of you and worry about the others later, I give you this:

Italy - 0
North Macedonia - 1

But I'd get Derp starting Acosta because he can clog up the midfield defensively with Adams. If that happens, hope it's the good Acosta. When he is on, he an Adams Jr. but when he is off, he's very very poor.

That's my problem with Acosta. When he's good, he's pretty darn good. When he's bad, he is absolutely awful. There seems to be no middle ground there (I'm talking about with the national team, I don't watch him enough with his club team to say one way or the other if he's the same there). If he plays tonight and plays well he could absolutely help you get a result. If he plays tonight and he sucks he can drag the whole team into the crapper.

Are these announcers even in the building? This is awful coverage.

Is it too late to bring in a reserve? With Yedlin out for the next game I’m just wondering if a Shaq Moore or someone else can get called in.

Honduras just tied their match with Panama late.

Canada tied with Costa Rica. But playing with 10, as someone got a red card.

Pulisic and Musah should have scored for US.

Costa Rica just scored and are ahead of Panama now in live table.

Canada tied with Costa Rica. But playing with 10, as someone got a red card.

Go find the second yellow on twitter. It's a joke. Canada got CONCACAF'd. Two guys walking past each other way away from the ball, they bump into each other and the Costa Rican player drops like he was shot by a sniper. And the ref, who I guarantee did not see it at all, gives the Canadian his second yellow.

Panama and Honduras ends 1-1. About as good as you could have hoped for in that game, especially after Honduras went a goal down.

Panama and Honduras ends 1-1. About as good as you could have hoped for in that game, especially after Honduras went a goal down.
Yeah. But if that result holds in Costa Rica, that’s not good. The schedule favors them. This is a huge half for the US. The pressure is on.

Canada puts one off the crossbar and one of the post late in the game but can't get the equalizer.

Canada - 25 +13
USA - 22 +9
Mexico - 22 +6
C Rica - 19 +2
Panama - 18 +1
El Salv - 10 -7
Jam - 8 -7
Hond - 4 -17

Canada puts one off the crossbar and one of the post late in the game but can't get the equalizer.

Canada - 25 +13
USA - 22 +9
Mexico - 22 +6
C Rica - 19 +2
Panama - 18 +1
El Salv - 10 -7
Jam - 8 -7
Hond - 4 -17
Going to Costa Rica and needing a result scares me.

Going to Costa Rica and needing a result scares me.

But here's the thing. If they win on Sunday then the only result they are going to need is to not lose by four or more goals. If they draw on Sunday and Costa Rica draws at El Salvador, same thing.

Take care of business on Sunday and it isn't going to matter.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I guess I should say lose by four goals given the current goal difference. Like if the US wins by one on Sunday and Costa Rica wins by three then they would only have to beat the US by three, and so on.

But here's the thing. If they win on Sunday then the only result they are going to need is to not lose by four or more goals. If they draw on Sunday and Costa Rica draws at El Salvador, same thing.

Take care of business on Sunday and it isn't going to matter.
Huge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT