ADVERTISEMENT

USMNT March fixtures thread

Belgium has played 15 competitive matches (qualifiers, Euros, Nations League) since the beginning of 2021. They are 10-3-2 in those games. France, to pick another highly ranked European team, has played 14 competitive matches in that same time frame. They haven't lost any of them! But on the other hand, they've only won eight of them. 8-0-6. England, on the other hand, is 14-0-4. But England surely started 2021 ranked well below both Belgium and France, so they had a lot of ground to make up. And their WC qualifying group was, well, really bad, and you don't get as much of a bump for beating San Marino (or is it Dan Marino?), Albania and Andorra twice each in qualifiers as you would actually beating teams with a pulse.

Or, long story short, who knows?

Having said that, the current system is surely better than they one that they used to use, which as Switzerland showed to good effect, actually rewarded teams for not playing friendlies. Under that system the US could play a friendly against Germany in Germany and beat them and have their number of ranking points actually go down. Which was completely insane. Their current system is a modified ELO system, so winning a game is always at least a small benefit to your ranking points and losing a game always costs you at least a small number of ranking points.
I think England is shaping up for another disappointment. I was dating an English girl during the 18 WC. She was none too happy at the results. She was sky high after beating Colombia and breaking that shootout loss streak but super bummed after Croatia took them out in the semi's. She didn't even care about the 3rd place game.

Boom! 1-0. The more I see it, the more it's a penalty. At first i thought it was soft. Good on VAR. Come on Lads!

boom! 2-0 to some of our favorite whipping boy Ariolla! Great play on by the referee

I think this game is over but I want more! Now let's go down to San Jose and **** CR and take the 3!

So far 20+ minutes in, Honduras is holding our little brothers to the south at bay. 0-0

If it ends the way it is now CR would have to beat the US by five goals on Wednesday. Bag one more and it'll be six.
I would be ok if Derp just packed it in and played for 1 point. But honestly, eff CR, I want all 3. Make a statement.

What say you FK and Joe? I think that was a soft penalty for #4

When Honduras snatches one at the death and wins 1-0, and once again Mexico finds themselves in need of help from the US to make the World Cup.

When Honduras snatches one at the death and wins 1-0, and once again Mexico finds themselves in need of help from the US to make the World Cup.
Unfortunately if all holds Mexico will be in the World Cup. Well at the minimum they'll qualify for the playoff and more than likely beat New Zealand.

Hey I was following owts thread on the free board. Just checking in now.
This is fun.

Yes, they're gonna feel like they got shafted and possibly go concacaf on the US
Was listening to Tony Meola pregame and he was describing a scene in the 89th minute in El Salvador. There was a VAR review and the fans were pelting the ref with bottles. Meola’s description? “This is so concacaf”.

• Haha
Reactions: anon_4dfwm2pijbr0a
Was listening to Tony Meola pregame and he was describing a scene in the 89th minute in El Salvador. There was a VAR review and the fans were pelting the ref with bottles. Meola’s description? “This is so concacaf”
Some call em animals, some call em passionate.

Puli with the hattie! 5-0! I'm 7 mixed drink in tonight! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Yep. I would have done it earlier. But that’s just me. Lalas wanted to run it up at halftime.

I don't have any problem with staying offensive, but if the Panamanians start going a little crazy I don't want Pulisic to be on the field to be the one to feel their wrath. And Adams is on a yellow, so get him out now and you can play him again on Wednesday if you want.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT