ADVERTISEMENT

VB: Pitt vs Coppin State

USC beat the bejeebers out of UMBC, but that was a lot more because of how bad UMBC was. Man, if they are the best team in their conference, how bad do the teams like NJIT and Albany, who finished at the bottom of the American East standings, have to be?

If Pitt plays well they beat USC, and it might not even be close.
I know it’s a stereotype, but like a lot of women’s sports once you get past the top tier, the level of play drops off significantly. The caliber of athlete is just night and day once you get past the tournament worthy teams and into the lower levels.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
Who does USC compare to as a team we have already played?

I don't know that we've really played anyone like them this season. However, Coach Fisher said Skylar Fields will likely be the #1 pick in the upcoming Pro Volleyball draft happening next week.

To my mind, it's making me recall our second round match in the 2021 NCAA tournament when we drew another ranked Pac 12 team - #14 Utah.

They were led by 3x 1st Team All-American Dani Drews, an absolute offensive monster. She went for 20 kills against us in 3 sets.

Pitt swept 3-0...

It's a shame we couldn't have got her and they could have played together.

The crazy part isn't that isn't the only Pitt affiliated sister in the tournament. Julianna Dalton has a sister in the tournament at Kansas. Bre Kelley has a sister at Oregon. Emmy Klika has a sister in the tournament at Wofford (they got beat by Kentucky).

Reactions: HOF Coach
The crazy part isn't that isn't the only Pitt affiliated sister in the tournament. Julianna Dalton has a sister in the tournament at Kansas. Bre Kelley has a sister at Oregon. Emmy Klika has a sister in the tournament at Wofford (they got beat by Kentucky).
Wow.Didn't realize Kelly had a sister at Oregon.Missed that somehow when we played them.Thanks for pointing all the others as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT