ADVERTISEMENT

Wade to Pitt?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
PSN had a pretty good article on him where they interviewed a PSU beat writer. From that article and looking at his twitter, we can start piecing things together a potential move to Oakland:

- PSU beat writer says move is family related

- posted a pic on twitter of empty locker saying it wasnt his decision.

- apparently has a son, posted a pic of him yesterday

- is aspiring rapper. Posted a video of him rapping in a dorm room and was actually pretty good. Pittsburgh has an and up and coming rap scene.

Some of you are priceless.

If this was Georgia or LSU, or Oklahoma,

A kid that turned them down now wants to come home,

The fans of those schools would love to have him if he could help their team.

But Pitt fans.....in all their 6-6 / 7-7 glory, would say no to a former 5 star who had offers from all over.

In fact, some Pitt fans would say no even if Wade was better than any DB on the roster.

If wade can help this team, take him.

End of story.

Unless of course 6-6 with high principles > 9-3 with kids that once spurned Pitt

Hint......6-6 sucks.

Sequan Barkley is generously listed as 6'0" tall.
That makes Lamont Wade (fill in the blank) tall.
penn-state-safety-lamont-wade-101e783eb268d2fe.jpg

Reactions: DORT and sween73
Come on. Wade may have been overrated but he's a legit P5 DB
at what position? Im asking in all seriousness? He's not a free safety, so is it boundary safety? Would he be an upgrade over what we have there now?

dude is a lower level D1 (probably a d1-aa or d2) rb. again, no insult, being a lower level D1 football player is a great accomplishment, a hell of a lot better than most of us (Myself included) can ever say..

im not holding a grudge, I don't care what he said or did or what was on twitter. im talking about on field. do you guys really think he would be in our 2 deep? And if so, at what position?

Playing Devil's Advocate here. What has he shown at Crappy Valley that shows us that? He's been there for - two? three years? - and he's not a starter.

On the other hand what if HCPN is able to utilize his talents far better than JF did? Seems like that scenario could help recruiting.

Reactions: PittAU
Wade as a jet sweep type of player would be ideal. Never turn away talent when talent is available

Think of this. Wade returns home to Pittsburgh kills it and makes the NFL. What better recruiting ammo do we need to keep kids home?
If Aaron Donald, Derrelle Revis, James Conner and Tyler Boyd aren't enough to 'keep kids home' then the local school system is failing. Eff, Wade.

Spurning Pitt for PSU is one thing and may be forgivable. All the immature trash-talking since is not.

Taking a girl back after she dumps you is one thing. Taking a girl back after she cheated on you. On your bed. With your friend. While posting it on social media is another...it doesn't matter if she's a '10'. And smurf ain't a '10'.

Last edited:
Wade as a jet sweep type of player would be ideal. Never turn away talent when talent is available
We don't adequately use our legitimate jet sweep players now. I guess there is always hope with the new OC... but he isn't known much for that either.

If there would be a clear obvious place for this guy, such as a sore needed tight end, OL, linebacker, or even a true stud tailback (apparently none of our current fit that def, or they would have supplanted Hall or Ollison, who were just solid) ... or game breaking kick or punt returner, even ... yeah, take in a sec.

But another DB? Undersized at that? Couldn't make a dent for a 4 loss team? We have more than we need of that here.

It kind of backfired when we took that Carter dude and he did nothing. Maybe better to avoid the rep of being a dumping ground for castoffs, especially theirs. Already have a bad enough little brother rep.

Reactions: Tomster6758
at what position? Im asking in all seriousness? He's not a free safety, so is it boundary safety? Would he be an upgrade over what we have there now?

dude is a lower level D1 (probably a d1-aa or d2) rb. again, no insult, being a lower level D1 football player is a great accomplishment, a hell of a lot better than most of us (Myself included) can ever say..

im not holding a grudge, I don't care what he said or did or what was on twitter. im talking about on field. do you guys really think he would be in our 2 deep? And if so, at what position?

He would start at CB opposite Dane Jackson. What? He's too small? Avonte Maddox. What? Pinnock and Mathis are great? Are they? How much PT would both of those guys gotten at PSU the last 2 years?

Wade is a great talent. No, he may not be "elite" enough to get on the field for James's all-star team he is assembling but he is good.

As for the stuff he said on Twitter. He is a kid. Who cares.

He would start at CB opposite Dane Jackson. What? He's too small? Avonte Maddox. What? Pinnock and Mathis are great? Are they? How much PT would both of those guys gotten at PSU the last 2 years?

Wade is a great talent. No, he may not be "elite" enough to get on the field for James's all-star team he is assembling but he is good.

Which is it, great or good? If he was great, he would have played. If he's good, he'd be in the situation he's in.

lets get away from 5'8" CBs. Duzzer has been consistently recruiting taller players for CB and it finally is starting to pay off. maybe, MAYBE this guy could be a very poor man's whitehead and be an adequate boundary safety for us.. maybe, best case..

personally, I think he should go to Duquesne

“- is aspiring rapper. Posted a video of him rapping in a dorm room and was actually pretty good. Pittsburgh has an and up and coming rap scene.”

Lately things are trending down with the deaths of Wopo and Mac.

I have to admit that if he transfers to Pitt and releases a James Franklin diss track I’d be all in.

Reactions: Vetch and HOF Coach
“- is aspiring rapper. Posted a video of him rapping in a dorm room and was actually pretty good. Pittsburgh has an and up and coming rap scene.”

Lately things are trending down with the deaths of Wopo and Mac.

I have to admit that if he transfers to Pitt and releases a James Franklin diss track I’d be all in.

The deaths of Wopo and Mac have left a void in the Pittsburgh rap game. Lamont is comin in to get that paper.

Reactions: nickyd12
I hope he comes to Pitt. We're in no position to turn away talent at any position.

I love the height jokes when people were all excited for Marquis Williams (5'8") and V'Lique Carter (5'9") when they signed as DB's as if either of them has a ceiling like Wade.
You have no idea what Wade's ceiling is. I know that he was not good enough to play for the peds. I also know that the peds were not sporting a defensive backfield loaded with all-americans.

You don't know if V' lique and Marquis will have a big role here. V'lique may be playing offense and has elite speed, unlike Wade. I guess you would like to see him play ahead of Pinnock and others. The kid was overated, we don't need to take him in.

Welcome him with open arms and use it as a ammo for local recruits who want to go elsewhere.

I’d do the opposite... I would slam the door in his face as a lesson to the local recruits that Pitt is not a fall back plan...

Besides, he’s not better than what we have now on defense, no matter what SMF is smoking to convince himself otherwise.

Marquis Williams is the same size, and I wouldn’t trade him for Wade no how, no way

Forget about Wade... Every year a new local player emerges that becomes the “must get recruit”. This year it’s Devonshire. Next year it will be someone else...

If Wade comes to Pitt, I’ll jump from the roof of the Cathedral of Learning...

Who cares? Narduzzi cares....He’s not bringing in a kid who has publicly dissed him and the university on social media.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT