ADVERTISEMENT

Wade to Pitt?

It's completely incongruous for people to have shat all over the defense as much as the posters here did all year, and then sit here and say that an ex-five star with offers to friggin' everywhere who just so happens to be a graduate of one of our most historically fruitful pipeline isn't welcome here.

What fruitful pipeline? Tyler Boyd. Maybe you can put in a good word for him at CMU.

Christ dude, this is like, the newly-crowned Guinness record holder for false equivalence right here. I really don't even know where to start.

I presume you've been around Pitt fans before, yeah? Why do you think that the second a kid goes somewhere else, the chorus starts in with how the staff cooled on him, how his offer was non-committal, and all of that? It's because lying to ourselves is easier than dealing with truth. (No different than people who still support Trump! But I digress.)

There are many valid reasons why people might not want him to come here. I don't buy them as much as others, but whatever. The valid reasons however are completely submerged by this typical self-loathing Yinzer shit, like everyone who wants to play for us needs to worship photos of Dan Marino or something, or else they're not truly doing it the Pitt way. It's completely incongruous for people to have shat all over the defense as much as the posters here did all year, and then sit here and say that an ex-five star with offers to friggin' everywhere who just so happens to be a graduate of one of our most historically fruitful pipeline isn't welcome here.

And why? Because people's feelings are hurt. Oh, he doesn't love Pitt as much as us. You think every single kid on our roster had their heart set on Pitt?

I want PLAYERS. Wade was in the 2 deep and played some for an uber-talented team. It doesnt matter to me in the slightest what he said or did in the past. If Wade is good enough to beat out Matthis at Pinnock at CB or Stocker at Safety, then I'd take him. If anything, I like his outspoken, brash, cocky mentality. He has an edge to him and we need guys like that.

I want PLAYERS. Wade was in the 2 deep and played some for an uber-talented team. It doesnt matter to me in the slightest what he said or did in the past. If Wade is good enough to beat out Matthis at Pinnock at CB or Stocker at Safety, then I'd take him. If anything, I like his outspoken, brash, cocky mentality. He has an edge to him and we need guys like that.

I’ve never seen a fan base that pines for players to come to Pitt after they’ve committed somewhere else... Most local kid that left a school and transfered to Pitt have not panned out...

E. J. Banks
Cullen Christian
Tom Rickett
Brendon Felder
Andrew Devlin
Jason Kacinko

We had modest success with Manasseh Garner and Dontez Ford

This is pointless. He ain’t coming to Pitt and we need to look forward, not backwards...

Last edited:
Question: How exactly does the transfer portal work? My understanding is that a kid like Wade hasn't given up his scholarship yet and that the portal is a means for exploring his options. Is it permissible for a coach to contact a kid in the portal or does he have to wait for the phone to ring?

Reactions: Mikefln
Question: How exactly does the transfer portal work? My understanding is that a kid like Wade hasn't given up his scholarship yet and that the portal is a means for exploring his options. Is it permissible for a coach to contact a kid in the portal or does he have to wait for the phone to ring?

Coaches can recruit those in the portal.

I have no problem with that behavior when it can be backed up. He has done nothing to this point to back it up so he just looks stupid.
1377_h.jpg

LOL - so as a well known uber liberal on this board, you don't feel certain types should be held accountable for their actions? I'm surprised.

I think if most of us believed Wade was a player, we'd welcome him regardless of his 'youthful discretion' or whatever your ilk would call it.

should have prefaced with liberal idiot...

What the hell is with you people and the jet sweep? That play works twice when some speedster phenom is inserted for the first time
The jet sweep is a good play teams often incorporate into their offense and can be successful if it's ran vs the right defense. Matt Canada made henderson an Nfl player off the jet sweep

The jet sweep is a good play teams often incorporate into their offense and can be successful if it's ran vs the right defense. Matt Canada made henderson an Nfl player off the jet sweep
Ummm, he's in the NFL because of his speed and skills in the return game only.

Therefore, the credit should go to Coach Powell.

While not great, Weatherspoon and Webb were productive. Not everywhere can be an Aliquippa pipeline.

Hold on, you're moaning about Pickett sucking and you bring up Weatherspoon and Webb as productive Clairton players. Weatherspoon had 29 catches and no touchdowns over his career. Webb was as bad or worse than Briggs, who you constantly bitch about.

The Clairton "pipeline" is Tyler Boyd. That's it. Everyone else has been a non-factor, including that kid who went to Texas tech or wherever the hell he went instead of Pitt. He ended up at CalPa.

Reactions: below0w and PittAU
You guys would be dumb not to take Wade. If he turns it around, Narduzzi could use it as ammo to recruit against us. Hell, I’d be happy for wade if he turned into a good player for you guys. It didn’t work out for him with us, let bygones be bygones.

Kansas City’s speedy receiver runs jet seeeps on occasion and they’re playing in an AFC Championship.

Reactions: Lane58pitt
You guys would be dumb not to take Wade. If he turns it around, Narduzzi could use it as ammo to recruit against us. Hell, I’d be happy for wade if he turned into a good player for you guys. It didn’t work out for him with us, let bygones be bygones.

Bygones be bygones? Never...

Nope. When a player enters the transfer portal his scholarship with his former team is no longer guaranteed. That's part of the NCAA's rules on the portal. So if the player decides to try and stay after exploring his options, his coach has the final say at to whether or not he will get back his scholarship. The coach is free to recruit a player to take the player in the portal's place, either a H.S. player or another player in the portal.

But that's not to say that a good coach might talk through a player's position on the depth chart with the player and then let that dissatisfied player explore his options for a defined length of time with the understanding that at a certain date the player either commits to come back or moves ahead with a transfer. There is not a necessity for hard feelings for programs that actually follow through on trying to work in both the best interests of the team and the players.

But some players that have entered the portal have made it clear in their public announcements that they are moving on.

Not to be argumentative, but kindly name me a Nit player(s) who’ve transferred to another D-1 program and excelled.

Franklin isn’t stupid; he’s not gonna let a contributing player leave without a fight, and I haven’t heard that he’s fighting very hard in this case.

Reactions: brickfhouse
The RB that went to USC, his name escapes me right now. Silas Something

He would start at CB opposite Dane Jackson. What? He's too small? Avonte Maddox. What? Pinnock and Mathis are great? Are they? How much PT would both of those guys gotten at PSU the last 2 years?

Wade is a great talent. No, he may not be "elite" enough to get on the field for James's all-star team he is assembling but he is good.

As for the stuff he said on Twitter. He is a kid. Who cares.

I'm hesitant to say Pinnock is "great" but he is already good and on his way to being very good.

Reactions: Panther Parrothead
Let me make this simple-

Of course we take him.

Even if it’s for depth and special teams or some package on offense.

We’re a program coming off back to back 7 loss seasons

Don’t be stupid, folks.
Folks, don't make me agree with Souf.....but he is one of the few people making honest sense in this thread.

What did he say about Narduzzi? I honestly don't remember. I just remember my buddy texted me when I was in Target and I was pissed.

It wasn’t directly to him but it was meant for Narduzzi...From one of my previous posts on another thread:

First he made it known that he didn’t like the fact that Trenton Coles and Titus Howard transfered and alluded that the staff was responsible.

Then he congratulated Aaron Matthews after he committed to PSU.

Wade commits to PSU, he decided to be cute and takes a picture with Sanders at the Pitt training facility

After Pitt lost to PSU 33-14, he goes on Twitter and makes a smart azz reference to the key chains that were given out the year before.

When Narduzzi mentions that he doesn’t see Wade on the field, he goes on Twitter and posts “See me now” after PSU drubs Pitt 51-6

Reactions: Vetch
It wasn’t directly to him but it was meant for Narduzzi...From one of my previous posts on another thread:

First he made it known that he didn’t like the fact that Trenton Coles and Titus Howard transfered and alluded that the staff was responsible.

Then he congratulated Aaron Matthews after he committed to PSU.

Wade commits to PSU, he decided to be cute and takes a picture with Sanders at the Pitt training facility

After Pitt lost to PSU 33-14, he goes on Twitter and makes a smart azz reference to the key chains that were given out the year before.

When Narduzzi mentions that he doesn’t see Wade on the field, he goes on Twitter and posts “See me now” after PSU drubs Pitt 51-6

You seriously hold any of that against him?

I get pissed at Narduzzi and staff when they don't recruit Penn Hills kids and I have no connection to them. Coles and Howard are like brothers to Wade, why wouldn't he be mad?

Coach called him out, he should have responded. Also, our coach should never be calling out opposing players. That's ignorant childish shit that Franklin plays.

The keychains were gay and we as Pitt fans should be making fun of the staff etc for having those made.

He and Sanders taking that pic. Ok, i can see you being mad....but they're kids having fun. They could have done a lot worse and trashed the place or something like when usc/ucla trash each others statues.

Reactions: GregInPitt
You seriously hold any of that against him?

I get pissed at Narduzzi and staff when they don't recruit Penn Hills kids and I have no connection to them. Coles and Howard are like brothers to Wade, why wouldn't he be mad?

Coach called him out, he should have responded. Also, our coach should never be calling out opposing players. That's ignorant childish shit that Franklin plays.

The keychains were gay and we as Pitt fans should be making fun of the staff etc for having those made.

He and Sanders taking that pic. Ok, i can see you being mad....but they're kids having fun. They could have done a lot worse and trashed the place or something like when usc/ucla trash each others statues.

You give me too much credit. What I think doesn’t matter. It’s an opinion. I will have no say so in whether he ends up at Pitt or not.

My opinion is this:

1. Wade will not end up at Pitt, no matter how much SMF wishes it to happen

2. The track record of locals transferring to Pitt and producing is not good.

3. We already have 4 running backs that are 4 stars. We already have a player that runs jet sweeps for Pitt (Carter). We already have some promising DB’s, with another hopefully that will be added soon (Devonshire).

4. I look forward and I don’t look back.

5. The ACC has bigger and faster receivers in the ACC than the Big Ten. We need to continue to recruit tall and fast DB’s.

6. We need players that want to focus on getting an education and working hard to become a better football player. Pitt doesn’t need a wannabe twitter star that believes he’s better than he is. Nor do we need a social justice warrior that changes diapers part time.

Having said all that, it is up to Narduzzi and no matter what he decides, I support Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT