ADVERTISEMENT

Wade to Pitt?

Nola was a Beast at softball himself.
Nola still hits the ball really well.He's a little bigger than he used to be but still runs well.
Chains I just talked to Tom and he hasn't heard anything about where Wade is going.He actually call someone in the know that doesn't know!Tom had nothing but good things to say about Lamont but those Clairton people stick together like bugs in a rug.

Nola still hits the ball really well.He's a little bigger than he used to be but still runs well.
Chains I just talked to Tom and he hasn't heard anything about where Wade is going.He actually call someone in the know that doesn't know!Tom had nothing but good things to say about Lamont but those Clairton people stick together like bugs in a rug.

I just asked Clairton's HC hoops mother... mirrored response that PITT did reach out ... the Clairton group is certainly close.

Two days later, thread is going strong, yet still no indication in the slightest that the guy ever expressed interest in Pitt.

Other than someone who thinks they heard from a non football coach who thinks he heard that Pitt might have possibly sort of 'made contact' has there been any proof of interest in Pitt's side either?

This is offseason hot stove stuff and fun and all, but shouldn't facts like these eventually emerge by now? Unless they don't exist?

Not for nothing but this definitely adds to the "butthurt little brother" mystique that we bristle at, or should anyway.

Say Pitt even needs a smallish underachieving DB transfer, which is dubious ... wouldn't there be relatively plenty others in the protocol worth at least as much attention? Who might actually WANT to consider Pitt? How about transfers that, gasp, we actually could USE? Such as TE? OL? LB? Isn't that a better use of the scholarship?

Two days later, thread is going strong, yet still no indication in the slightest that the guy ever expressed interest in Pitt.

Other than someone who thinks they heard from a non football coach who thinks he heard that Pitt might have possibly sort of 'made contact' has there been any proof of interest in Pitt's side either?

This is offseason hot stove stuff and fun and all, but shouldn't facts like these eventually emerge by now? Unless they don't exist?

Not for nothing but this definitely adds to the "butthurt little brother" mystique that we bristle at, or should anyway.

Say Pitt even needs a smallish underachieving DB transfer, which is dubious ... wouldn't there be relatively plenty others in the protocol worth at least as much attention? Who might actually WANT to consider Pitt? How about transfers that, gasp, we actually could USE? Such as TE? OL? LB? Isn't that a better use of the scholarship?

If you are asking me if I would want him at PITT... F NO ! no one butt hurt here, he's a midget and I work many people from the South Hills/Clairton so ofcourse the Clairton people are talking about the midget(they all went to his announcement party).

Me and my PITT buddies at work are talking about last night's hoop game and how our new OC is visiting a QB in my neck of the woods.. NORWIN. .

Reactions: daminals76
If you are asking me if I would want him at PITT... F NO ! no one butt hurt here, he's a midget and I work many people from the South Hills/Clairton so ofcourse the Clairton people are talking about the midget(they all went to his announcement party).

Me and my PITT buddies at work are talking about last night's hoop game and how our new OC is visiting a QB in my neck of the woods.. NORWIN. .
How good is the Norwin QB in your honest opinion?

How good is the Norwin QB in your honest opinion?

I was impressed when he played against Penn Trafford, he's a tuff kid for sure and similar to Kenny P. and I don't think as good.
His older brother was decent and played along side with Shanny. Shanny's senior year Norwin had several D1 players, Tyler Urban, Dennison(dude was a garbage individual)... if you only knew..scum of the earth.

Back on the QB, locally he's getting some publicity and think his recruitment will pick up.

My first post was unintentionally harsh. I didn't mean to diss what someone heard. But the levels removed mean it's something that needs corroboration, i'd say. Plus, nobody heard that the player reached BACK. And I've said originally, I couldn't care less of the pen State connection IF this was an accomplished player at a position we need. But he's none of that.

My first post was unintentionally harsh. I didn't mean to diss what someone heard. But the levels removed mean it's something that needs corroboration, i'd say. Plus, nobody heard that the player reached BACK. And I've said originally, I couldn't care less of the pen State connection IF this was an accomplished player at a position we need. But he's none of that.

no worries here... I'm with you if anyone has the talent and wants to play and contribute... bring um on.

And Maddox would blow by Wade with his speed. You can't be smaller AND slower than the receivers.

By all accounts, Maddox was the fastest player on Pitt’s team. Wade might not be in the top 10.

he thought he could just transfer to Pitt - be closer to home (main reason) and play with his boys, get plenty of playing time. he was surprise to learn there was no scholarship for him here and went groveling back to PSU.

He's going to get his degree and grad transfer next year.He probably figured he couldn't get a waiver and he didn't want to sit out a whole year.He'll be back on the market next year with a degree in his pocket not a bad idea on his part.

Reactions: vietvet1
He's going to get his degree and grad transfer next year.He probably figured he couldn't get a waiver and he didn't want to sit out a whole year.He'll be back on the market next year with a degree in his pocket not a bad idea on his part.
Yeah, that's the reason...
m2svMsb.gif

he thought he could just transfer to Pitt - be closer to home (main reason) and play with his boys, get plenty of playing time. he was surprise to learn there was no scholarship for him here and went groveling back to PSU.
This is confusing. On the last page, chains said that Pitt reached out. Now you're saying he didnt. Which is correct? What's your source?

My guess is he figured out it was a stupid idea to sit out a year, so he's going to grad transfer next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: pittmeister
Good luck to wade. Glad to see he'll be getting his degree next year. Shows the kid takes his studies serious.

Wade is a very smart kid from what I understand. My guess is he will ride the bench for PSU this year and then grad transfer for his senior year. Maybe he'll play in 4 games then grad transfer and have 2 years left. Can anyone do the 4 game RS thing or just true freshmen?

If he only has 3 semesters left to get a degree this is his best (smartest) move. Play for PSU this year, get your degree, and then start a graduate degree somewhere else.

Regardless if he makes the NFL or not, he'll have completed a bachelor's and master's degree in the process of playing college ball. It's honestly in his best interest. Maybe we'll kick the tires again as a grad transfer? We'll lose a few DBs to graduation after next season.

Reactions: vietvet1
Wade is not a concern. He is a back up at PSU and Pitt has no use for that. Plus he was not exactly the best recruit with is BS and his dad with Pitt.

Reactions: pittmeister
They're #8 Pass Eff Defense, 2nd best in the B1G.

wow, that's like being voted prettiest fat girl at the prom. Aside from Haskins, which passing attack in the Big Pretend would keep you up at night game planning against?

edit: and one of those games for PSU also included noted passing game wizard Shaun Watson

They ponied up some extra coin to keep the guy from embarrassing them by leaving.

He never had a second of interest in Pitt. Frankly Pitt didn't need him either, so I doubt we had either.

Put it this way, the transfer from Michigan that everyone is stupidly panning today is a far better pickup. He's a guy who was about as accomplished as this dude, except he can play right now, and at a position we really need.

Shouldn't this misguided little-brother-lust-fest thread just be mercifully deleted?

Reactions: pitt_fb_9x1
Whoa! You mean we discussed Wade on two different threads and he ain’t coming???? I’m shocked!

What are the odds of him showing up on the Pitt campus in the fall of 2020???

I’m betting the chances are slim to none...

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
Would He, or any of these new grad transfer "shopping list" change positions? I am sure some lineman switch between G, T or center. but I think I saw, as someone mentioned, he had some nice camps. But I thought his measurables and talent would have been better in the offensive backfield. Quick bu

As someone said before, I think he did well in camps which elevated his DB stature ,pun intended, but I thought his all around measurable were/are more suited for running back. A, this is what I think is missing with some of the recruiting guidance these kids get on picking what schools scheme fits you and what position you probably should be. I know coaches change that, but a Mr. Wade probably would have fit best football wise in a spread option offense as a running back. It seems out of all the schools after him one of those would have fit that bill and offered that to him initially. B, Does he or this "new wave" of transfers only transfer to their position? Are any of them looking at a position redo and not just a change of scenary? Of course this is taking education out of it and just going by getting you the best chance to get on the playing field.

Why would true Pitt fans want to shut down recruiting from one of the most prolific football programs in the state. We should be all ears to any good recruit out of Clairton as we were with Tyler Boyd. It would be great to restore the pipeline and Wade is a major part of the Clairton family. Wade being available next year with two seasons of elegibility is intriguing and the fact that he originally choose PSU matters little.

Reactions: BigBird80
Me.. thru the head basketball coach at Clairton.. one thing confirmed for certain, his dad hates PITT and being in TB's shadow..

He’s going to hate that forever because He’ll never get out from under TBs shadow. LOL what a small person

Why would true Pitt fans want to shut down recruiting from one of the most prolific football programs in the state. We should be all ears to any good recruit out of Clairton as we were with Tyler Boyd. It would be great to restore the pipeline and Wade is a major part of the Clairton family. Wade being available next year with two seasons of elegibility is intriguing and the fact that he originally choose PSU matters little.

I respect the crap out of that program. However, minus Boyd has anyone produced at the college level?

Wade can always get a job as s model at Kennywood. They can use his cutout as a “you must be at least this tall to ride this attraction” exemplar.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT