ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 Matchups and dialog (non Pitt)

Edit: also, a reminder that Hawaii is building a new stadium that looks very impressive:

I don't think it is even theoretically possible for a D1 football school to build a stadium that seats less than 17,000 and have it be "very impressive".

There are, literally, high schools in Texas with much nicer, similarly sized football stadiums.

I don't think it is even theoretically possible for a D1 football school to build a stadium that seats less than 17,000 and have it be "very impressive".

There are, literally, high schools in Texas with much nicer, similarly sized football stadiums.
I’m not sure where you’re getting your information, but the projected capacity of the new stadium is about 30,000 (source), which is just fine for a G5 school. And yes, the renderings look very impressive.

I think you’re confusing it with the temporary facility Hawaii was forced to construct after Aloha Stadium was deemed unsafe?

I’m not sure where you’re getting your information, but the projected capacity of the new stadium is about 30,000 (source), which is just fine for a G5 school. And yes, the renderings look very impressive.

I think you’re confusing it with the temporary facility Hawaii was forced to construct after Aloha Stadium was deemed unsafe?

Aloha Stadium is NOT Hawaii's stadium. They were a tenant there. They are now playing, and plan on playing for at least the near term, at their own stadium. They aren't dumping tens of millions of dollars into that place while needing to build a new track for their track team and a new field for their soccer team because they had to remove it for the stadium expansion only to abandon that place in a year or two.

Hawaii

Reactions: BreakingPitt
Aloha Stadium is NOT Hawaii's stadium. They were a tenant there. They are now playing, and plan on playing for at least the near term, at their own stadium. They aren't dumping tens of millions of dollars into that place while needing to build a new track for their track team and a new field for their soccer team because they had to remove it for the stadium expansion only to abandon that place in a year or two.

Hawaii
Ok, but you know that I was not referring to their makeshift stadium. I even included a rendering of the new Aloha Stadium (which you conveniently did not include). They’re only playing there in the near-term because the stadium won’t be completed until at least 2028.

With all due respect, you’re misconstruing my original post for the sake of being a contrarian, as usual.

Ok, but you know that I was not referring to their makeshift stadium. I even included a rendering of the new Aloha Stadium (which you conveniently did not include). They’re only playing there in the near-term because the stadium won’t be completed until at least 2028.

With all due respect, you’re misconstruing my original post for the sake of being a contrarian, as usual.

I'm being a contrarian for pointing out what Hawaii's actual stadium is, and that at this time Hawaii has NO plans to play in the stadium that you linked to?

I mean is it possible that Hawaii eventually plays at Aloha? Sure, absolutely. My guess is that at some point in time in the future (note, in the future) Hawaii will go to the people running the stadium and tell them that they will consider playing there if they give them a sweetheart deal. And maybe they will. Or maybe they won't. But the day that that decision is going to be made has not arrived yet, and isn't going to arrive for a while yet.

When someone doesn't appear to know what they are talking about it's not being a contrarian to point that fact out. I mean I get why the person who doesn't appear to know what they are talking about doesn't like it. But that doesn't make me a contrarian, it makes me right.

• Haha
Reactions: HailToPitt725
I'm being a contrarian for pointing out what Hawaii's actual stadium is, and that at this time Hawaii has NO plans to play in the stadium that you linked to?

I mean is it possible that Hawaii eventually plays at Aloha? Sure, absolutely. My guess is that at some point in time in the future (note, in the future) Hawaii will go to the people running the stadium and tell them that they will consider playing there if they give them a sweetheart deal. And maybe they will. Or maybe they won't. But the day that that decision is going to be made has not arrived yet, and isn't going to arrive for a while yet.

When someone doesn't appear to know what they are talking about it's not being a contrarian to point that fact out. I mean I get why the person who doesn't appear to know what they are talking about doesn't like it. But that doesn't make me a contrarian, it makes me right.
The site you linked said nothing about the University of Hawaii playing in their temporary facility once the new Aloha Stadium was built. It suggests that it’s expanding to comply with the NCAA’s D1 attendance requirement.

According to multiple outlets, including the state of Hawaii itself, the Rainbow Warriors football team will be playing in the new Aloha Stadium once it’s built and will be their full-time home (source).

Edit: And here’s one more link quoting the Governor saying the new Aloha Stadium will make for a “terrific… (and) permanent home for the Rainbow Warriors” (link).

If you’re going to accuse me of not knowing what I’m talking about, please make sure you know what you’re talking about. :)

Last edited:
For those who are interested, ex-Pitt QB Kedon Slovis and BYU are playing newly-minted FBS program Sam Houston State on FS1. Surprised to see him take off with it multiple times already.

So you’re saying Sam Houston might be a partner school to join SMU in the ACC? 😉
If we’re taking either of the new FBS programs, I’d rather it be Jacksonville State. At least they’ve announced some serious stadium renovations as part of their move up. Might be a sneaky good addition for the C-USA… but can they land enough talent in-state? Alabama, Auburn, and UAB are tough to compete with.
E6xsMKQXsAIoxYQ

The ending of that TTU-Wyoming was fun last night. Big game today between FSU and LSU, with Oregon State playing as well… hope they win the Pac-12 this year.

Hope you all had a good Labor Day. Anyone else watching Clemson-Duke? Not sure I expected a 7-6 game with under two minutes remaining in the first half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT