ADVERTISEMENT

You heard it here first

I’m sorry to report this, but they’re gonna be pretty good.

They will likely go 10-2, beat up on the cupcakes and lose to Michigan and OSU. That gets them in.

The one thing they are good at is beating who they should and it’s very rare for them to have a game like GT or WMU.

Edit: I mean that the difference between them and us the last 5 years or so. Last year bear Louisville and gt 10-2. Year before WMU 11-1. 2020 not so much but 2019 Miami and bc absolutely games we should have won and vt should not have been a beat down.

PSU is pretty consistent at both beating cupcakes and losing to Top 10 teams. Given they have 10 cupcakes and 2 top 10 teams on the schedule, the smart money says 10-2.

The odds that this is their freak year to beat OSU or MICH once very 5 years or so are offset by the chance that someone like Illinois, Iowa, or MSU does the same to them. So, on average, 10-2 is the way to go prediction wise.

Still, that schedule is laughable with Delaware, Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, UMASS, Northwestern. PSU may not like B10 expansion/realignment. Sure, they will avoid playing both MICH and OSU every years, but they will also lose their guaranteed 3 wins against Rutgers, Maryland, and Indiana every year. Those 3 plus their weak OOC games and frequent Northwestern games pretty much guarantee a bowl every year.

Reactions: columbus mike
10-2, losing to Ohio St and Michigan as usual. May lose one other, but 9-3 is probably about as bad as they can get.

Incredibly easy schedule. 10-2 should be the low expectation for the season with an outside chance of upsetting Michigan or Ohio State.

I have no idea why our friends at PSU are ranked so high. Where does a 7-4 or 6-5 record place them at the end of the season?

#7 with the BIG voters sticking together. Those 2013 loses to Purdue and Indiana happened because of how tough the BIG schedule is.

That is why I am glad USC Oregon and UW have been added to the Big Ten… Osu and Michigan are clearly 1 and 2. 3rd place thru 7th place is now going to be more of a battle… Road games at USC Oregon or UW are gonna be hard……

Their defense is going to be very good and they have two stud running backs to take the pressure off of Johnny Unitas. Plus their schedule is weak. They will go 10-2 but it might not be the way most think 10-2 with respect to who they beat and who they lose to.

Also you can’t discount the fact that their coach has a history of doing something puzzling in the 4th quarter of games. He’s NOT a great game day coach.

I think that Iowa will surprise some people this year. PSU has a history of recruiting high end QBs then eventually starting a lesser player and even a walk on. If Allar gets hurts or doesn’t play well, they are in serious trouble as they really don’t have a viable option behind him. They will rely on the ground game early in the season to get Allar comfortable. If they only have a ground game then teams will just stack the box

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Chagg, like your avatar. Do you know why Jack Nicholson wore a Pitt hat at Super Bowl 27 Dallas vs Buffalo? Thx
I have no idea, I just saw someone post it on Twitter, thought it was cool and sniped it.

There’s a cool one of vintage Obama wearing a Pitt Sugar Bowl T-shirt floating around out there too (no politics)

edit: turns out the Obama one is fake. Damn.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I have no idea, I just saw someone post it on Twitter, thought it was cool and sniped it.

There’s a cool one of vintage Obama wearing a Pitt Sugar Bowl T-shirt floating around out there too (no politics)

edit: turns out the Obama one is fake. Damn.
If u watch SB 27 Highlights you'll see Nicholson wearing that. I thought maybe u knew why he was wearing the Pitt hat. Thx

Their defense is going to be very good and they have two stud running backs to take the pressure off of Johnny Unitas. Plus their schedule is weak. They will go 10-2 but it might not be the way most think 10-2 with respect to who they beat and who they lose to.

Also you can’t discount the fact that their coach has a history of doing something puzzling in the 4th quarter of games. He’s NOT a great game day coach.
Putting it mildly. But he can recruit.

Odds are PSU will underachieve, because that's what they normally do under Franklin. I'm guessing a finish somewhere outside the top 10.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT