ADVERTISEMENT

Zaire

I don't like our chances of beating out Fedora. That guy may be the most underrated recruiter in the nation. He very quietly puts together Top 25 classes every year with little fanfare. Plus, his offense is like a candyland for QB's.

I would be surprised though if we don't land a grad transfer QB from somewhere.

Wouldn't you rather have the last visit instead of the first? Hopefully PN gets the last shot.

Have to give the kid credit for identifying the best spots to come in and win immediately.

Visiting Wisconsin and UNC first. Not looking good for us.

I would rather have the last, and I thought Wisconsin was basically out?

Why does Pitt want him? He lost starting job at ND for a reason. What was the reason?

Dual threat qb in this Matt Canada offense, my god why wouldn't we want him? This is like gold falling into our lap.

Reactions: Ol_Roy
I would rather have the last, and I thought Wisconsin was basically out?
There are 2 different articles from ND insiders saying different things. The repost on this have been all over the place. The one thing that has changed is Notre Dame has 2 more decommits. They may be a package deal. One is a wr. I'm not sure I want to take 2 or 3 ND players just to get Zaire if that is the case. To much reporting without getting facts in order, typical ND insiders that do this stuff prematurely. The 2nd article also mentioned Pitt as getting a visit. The first article said everyone was out but UNC and Pitt.

Reactions: President Stache
There are 2 different articles from ND insiders saying different things. The repost on this have been all over the place. The one thing that has changed is Notre Dame has 2 more decommits. They may be a package deal. One is a wr. I'm not sure I want to take 2 or 3 ND players just to get Zaire if that is the case. To much reporting without getting facts in order, typical ND insiders that do this stuff prematurely. The 2nd article also mentioned Pitt as getting a visit. The first article said everyone was out but UNC and Pitt.
This is a new, odd element to the college game. I thought wisky was out because of scholarship room. Now, there's an ND rumor that wisky could take a package deal? I'm just gonna go with nobody knows what's going on right now lol. Like you said, ND reporters, smh.

We are still waiting to know who your super secret silent recruit was?

I'm guessing jeter was who you were throwing out there and hoping he committed.

Reactions: Jpripper88
This is a new, odd element to the college game. I thought wisky was out because of scholarship room. Now, there's an ND rumor that wisky could take a package deal? I'm just gonna go with nobody knows what's going on right now lol. Like you said, ND reporters, smh.
-Holmes and Monteles just decommited. Neither player put up good stats. They are backups at wr and OT. The only potential package deal I'm intereated in is Mathis and Davis. We are in dire need of db help and Davis is the real deal. Both are visiting and the kicker, they are actually cousins. I though Pitt might try to get in on their 4th guy in Lakeland, that big time top 100 wr, but it looks like its probably OU for James Robinson.

Reactions: President Stache

Does anyone really believe ANY school is "out of the running" due to scholarship room? A word of advice: if Team A can land a player they feel will help their team, a scholarship will be found for that player, 1 million percent of the time.

So, is Chryst gonna be like

"I'd love to land Malik Zaire. I think he can help us win next season but I don't have any scholarships and I can't in a clear conscience cut this 5th year senior offensive lineman who has never played and won't play next season."

Riiiiiiiigh!

It'd be great to get Zaire. But, that said, I believe MacVittie's final Top 100 ranking from 247. And, I believe the coaches when they continually mention how high they are on him. And, I believe he has more upside than any QB Pitt's recruited in a long, long while. That said, no harm in having him learn the ropes behind Zaire as a RS FR.

Does anyone really believe ANY school is "out of the running" due to scholarship room? A word of advice: if Team A can land a player they feel will help their team, a scholarship will be found for that player, 1 million percent of the time.

So, is Chryst gonna be like

"I'd love to land Malik Zaire. I think he can help us win next season but I don't have any scholarships and I can't in a clear conscience cut this 5th year senior offensive lineman who has never played and won't play next season."

Riiiiiiiigh!
I agree. Just from what I heard they were well over the limit. Like to the point where they'd be dumping half a dozen or so guys. But yeah, anything is possible still. Personally I think on top of that, Wisconsin makes absolutely no sense at all for this kid. At Pitt, he's starting from day 1. Trubitsky's leaving, he'll start at UNC. Why the hell would he wanna go to Wisconsin and be in a 3 way battle.

lol, last week Wisconsin doesn't have room for him, 4 days later, they have room for him and 2 others.. love the internet in regards to recruiting information. Thanks pantherlair.

Reactions: Jpripper88
I don't like our chances of beating out Fedora. That guy may be the most underrated recruiter in the nation. He very quietly puts together Top 25 classes every year with little fanfare. Plus, his offense is like a candyland for QB's.

I would be surprised though if we don't land a grad transfer QB from somewhere.
Bo Schneider already on board.

Only saw a little of Wisky's QBs this season, but they look like they could use Zaire badly. Was not impressed with Horny or the skinny-armed guy who played against PSU. Hornibrook might be accurate, but he didn't seem to have a very strong arm to me. That means trouble against the better teams.

I'd like to see Zaire come to Pitt and Coach Canada get creative on using Zaire and TMac on the field at the same time at times. Both look to be outstanding athletes. Could be fun.

Go Pitt.

Wouldn't you rather have the last visit instead of the first? Hopefully PN gets the last shot.

Have to give the kid credit for identifying the best spots to come in and win immediately.

If Pitt got the first or second visit there are those that would be bitching that Pitt should have been smarter and arranged for the final visit. See how this works? :rolleyes:

Reactions: wbrpanther
The coaches seem really high on MacVittie, he reportedly got most if not all of the second team reps this season and was rated a Top 100 player by some recruiting services.

If Pitt got the first or second visit there are those that would be bitching that Pitt should have been smarter and arranged for the final visit. See how this works? :rolleyes:
How some of these guys deduce what they do out of generic statements is way beyond me.

We scored 43, 56, and 76 the last 3 games. I would think we will be considered by any offensive player looking to transfer. Doesn't matter if we are 1st or last visit. If they like what Duzz and Canada are doing, they will come.

The coaches seem really high on MacVittie, he reportedly got most if not all of the second team reps this season and was rated a Top 100 player by some recruiting services.

-The guy threw for over 3600 passing yards and 22Td's vs 1 INT against a Top 5 schedule in the country as a senior. And was clocked at 2 different camps running a 4.5 40. The only reason I want Zaire is because we don't really have a good backup option. If Zaire beats out TMAC for 1 season, fine. Let the best player get the job. The guy has a cannon for an Arm and runs like a deer. His tape is also very impressive.

Why does Pitt want him? He lost starting job at ND for a reason. What was the reason?

Zaire suffered a broken ankle vs UVA in 2015. Maybe the 2nd game of the season? Kizer then came in and played well in 2015. But Zaire had beaten Kizer out as starter for the 2015 season. Who knows what may have happened if MZ hadn't gotten hurt?

And he will beat out MacVittie. I dont get the excitement over a guy who played a couple games of varsity QB in his career.

Still not seeing how a kid who played In a non power 5 conference, on a team that went 0-12, who couldn't win the starting job, and who threw just 2 TDs vs. 7 INTs when he did play, somehow is the obvious starter for the much superior team to which he transferred.

Maybe I am missing something, but from all the info I have, Bo still has a lot to prove if he expects to be more than a back up on an ACC team. Not saying he can't work his way to being a great player, I just don't get the logic here.

We will see how this plays out, but I will just say that I had an instant gut reaction about McVittie back when I first watched his HS video- similar to the one I had when I watched each of the HS videos of 3 star Pitt commits Conner and Q. Henderson... "Wow! This kid is a steal. He's going to be really special."

why are some of you bringing up Bo. that dude isn't even on team anymore. I cant tell if you are talking about Zaire or Bo. Zaire is the ND guy possibly transferring here or UNC Or Wiscy, Bo is the QB that is no longer on pitt.

I think people are making Zaire out to be some polished QB he's not. He doesn't throw the ball well but he does run it well. I think Pitt will be fine without him if he doesn't choose Pitt.

why are some of you bringing up Bo. that dude isn't even on team anymore. I cant tell if you are talking about Zaire or Bo. Zaire is the ND guy possibly transferring here or UNC Or Wiscy, Bo is the QB that is no longer on pitt.

Huh? Bo Schneider transferred here last year and is certainly still here. And I'm sure he'll be in the competition for playing time next year.

Wait-wait-wait-What?

Since when? So basically you're telling me I can stop asking certain posters why in the world they believe he'll be the projected starter next year.

What's the story?
Thx.

honestly, i think wisconsin and unc have a better chance than us. your assuming we get a visit, that hasn't even been announced. if he goes to two visits before us, ours might never even develop into a actual visit. personally, i would like to be one of the first two announced.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT