ADVERTISEMENT

“ Come clean!!!”

Why pay double for it?
You pay for hope. And you pay for your huge mistakes.

You keep Stallings, you completely lose whatever fans you have left.

When the news came out bout stallings would be the hire like Saturday at 2 am I was saying stallings. Stallings. U can’t be serious my wife woke up and said had issues but I supported him and went to games but im mad at Barnes. He really did a horrible horrible job

You're assuming that between April 1 and August 1, with the 2018-2019 recruiting window rapidly closing, that a new coach can bring in six or seven guys BETTER than the ones we have. Even if I agree with your premise and accept the idea that losing our freshmen is, in fact, no loss, I don't accept the idea that a flash recruiting effort that starts in April will net us better recruits. Nearly all of the top 100 are already signed. Most of the top JUCO players, too, and every P5 has been watching the coming crop of grad transfers for months. We're more likely to lose a Ryan Luther than we are to pickup a grad transfer his equal or better. ... Most grad transfers are looking for greener pastures, places to go where they can have a bigger impact or go dancing. There's not much hope of that happening here next year, regardless of who's sitting in the HC's chair.
No, I am not assuming that AT ALL. I am saying that there are 3 FR who would have a shot at P6 scholarships. It would be better to keep them, but if they leave, they will do so to schools no better off than Pitt. Only Stewart is clearly a capable rotation player, despite his clear limitations. Carr and Brown have more potential, but were terrible this season. Stevenson, Davis, and Peace are not losses AT ALL. None would have even a remote shot at a P6 offer. Stewart would have some options, but because he has lost this season at Pitt and would have to sit out next year he would not be highly sought after by programs with much better standing or situations than Pitt. Brown would barely have any, if any, P6 options at all. Carr would be scraping the bottom of the P6, at best. Out of HS these guys had very limited recruitments and were not highly thought of. At this point they played very poorly under a different staff and they have to redshirt next year, so you know for sure you are taking a guy who can't help you next year, no matter how good you think he can be.

Plus, all these players would be leaving a program where they are clearly our current best options. Marcus Carr would leave an undisputed starting role at Pitt to go to (at best) another bottom rung P6 program and sit out next year? Brown would leave a clear role at Pitt to go to (at best) another bottom rung P6 program and sit out next year? Places where they likely have at least 1 equal talent and have new guys eligible to play right away. They would do this because they love Kevin Stallings?

The funny thing with this argument that a new coach couldn't get any players is: the "biggest loss" would be Stewart. When did Stallings gain his commitment?

Many posters on this board believe a new coach comes with at least 2 recruits in hand, possibly poaching them from his old school. He then hires 2 assistants that each have 2 recruits in their back pockets that they can bring to whatever school they move on to.

Presto - 6 top notch recruits - Probably a top 50, 2 top 100 and 3 others 100 to 200.

That is how easy it is (or some believe it is)
Where has ANYONE posted this?

This is delusional. I love basketball. Love, love, love it. Watch a game pretty much 7 nights a week, often 2 games. Never, ever in my life have I ever gone to a game, or turned one on TV, to watch a coach. I watch players and teams.

Fans will return to The Pete when Pitt starts winning again. Period. End of discussion.
Which isn't achievable under Stallings.

This is delusional. I love basketball. Love, love, love it. Watch a game pretty much 7 nights a week, often 2 games. Never, ever in my life have I ever gone to a game, or turned one on TV, to watch a coach. I watch players and teams.

Fans will return to The Pete when Pitt starts winning again. Period. End of discussion.
No, fans do not go to games to watch the coach. But they do buy season tickets in anticipation that a new coach will give them a good product to watch. And that is what will be missing if Stallings is back next year - who is going to buy tickets to watch Pitt with him as coach?

Reactions: Jpripper88
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT