ADVERTISEMENT

“Moe”b-servations

Chairman Moe

All Conference
Nov 4, 2003
Just around the corner from Paradise
I’m writing this post not to add to any of the hyperbole, but merely to throw out a thought or two, as I’ve noticed that a number of recent posts on this Board have speculated about our team’s post-season possibilities.

Since my days as a prognosticator are done, I won’t suggest how many, or which games Pitt will win, going forward. However, I’m pretty certain that if Pitt gets 18-20 total wins (following the ACCT) an NIT bid is a lock. 21-22 is an NCAA “bubble”; 23+ = NCAAT bid.

I’m obviously going to root for Pitt to win as many games as possible. My thought, though, is that for this year's squad, an NIT bid might be better for them, to gain post-season experience.

Don’t get me wrong; an NCAA bid would be wonderful, but I think Pitt could advance further vs an NIT field being one of the top 4 seeds, than being a 10-12 seed in the NCAA’s. There would be absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about if an NIT bid were offered; even if Pitt had 20+ wins.

But first thing’s first: win at least 3-4 more games!

Recruiting exposure much better for NCAAT. Nobody cares about the NIT except for fans of the teams that still remain. I love watching CBB and will watch most conference tournaments but put next to nothing into the NIT.

Reactions: Chaos
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT