ADVERTISEMENT

1250 TOTAL to be allowed at the Pete - update - that’s changed

If a vacine is fully available by February that restriction could be lifted, of course. We can hope!

If a vacine is fully available by February that restriction could be lifted, of course. We can hope!

There is no chance that a vaccine is fully implemented by February. The vaccines that are closest to being approved are all two stage vaccines. Get one shot today, get a second shot one month from today. Immunity doesn't start until around a week or two after the SECOND shot. That means it will be six weeks from the time someone gets the first shot until they are "safe". And it's not like they are going to announce on January 1 that they have come up with a vaccine that they can use and a week or two later all 340-ish million people are going to have access to getting the first shot. It's a process that is going to take some time. And there is going to be a priority for who gets shots first (for instance health care workers).

If we are lucky we will all have had the chance to get immunity by early spring. If we are lucky.

Which is why it was REALLY stupid to rush a season. What was the point of starting when EVERYONE knew the fall/winter was going to be COVID crazy. The season shouls have started Feb 1 with the Final Four being played on Memorial Day weekend with 70K vaccinated fans in some dome.

Don't expect a vaccine to change much anytime soon. We will still be dealing with Covid long after they start administering it.

Well just trying to be hopeful for those who would want to attend. Won’t matter to me personally either way as I will only watch on TV.

Of those 1250 does that number include the teams and support personnel plus the employees needed to operate the Pete ?

Of that number how many are students ?

With Covid raging out of control in many areas in the country I can’t understand putting your health at risk to see a bb game in person , especially since the games are televised . With areas like El Paso and Tulsa needing refrigerated trucks to store bodies in that’s reason enough for me to be cautious until I‘m vaccinated .

With Covid cases spiking, dissecting attendance limits for games that aren't scheduled for 6 weeks feels premature. I think this is all academic right now.

Reactions: bobfree
I believe the vaccine has a 90% success rate, compared to the seasonal flu shot which is like 45%

What do you guys think of hitting a pause button on home/away records? Home court is always huge in big games with raucous crowds. 1200 isn't going to do it.

What do you guys think of hitting a pause button on home/away records? Home court is always huge in big games with raucous crowds. 1200 isn't going to do it.

Well home court advantage (HCA) also includes familiarity with gym and other facilities and not needing to travel and sleep in a hotel. Since Sagarin uses HCA numbers that change during the season, it will be interesting to see if it is significantly smaller this season than in the past when it was typically worth about in the range of 3 to 3.5 points per game vs a neutral site game (6-7 point swing home vs away).

Don't expect a vaccine to change much anytime soon. We will still be dealing with Covid long after they start administering it.
Why the people in the mist danger are those with co morbities or health care professionals working with them? They will get the vaccine first. Even if younger college kids continue to get covid they just have cold like symptoms ( if symptoms at all) and aren’t dying. Vaccinating the highest risk groups will curb the pandemic drastically.

If only the OP would have included something that contained that information. What an idiot he must be.

If 300 of the attendees are students, one would have to figure about 250 for teams, staff, security, pep band, and other needed employees. So maybe 700 tickets for the general public.

Which is why it was REALLY stupid to rush a season. What was the point of starting when EVERYONE knew the fall/winter was going to be COVID crazy. The season shouls have started Feb 1 with the Final Four being played on Memorial Day weekend with 70K vaccinated fans in some dome.
Bruh, how many times do you need to be told the same thing?

So maybe 700 tickets for the general public.

I think it's going to be even less than that when the students are there. But the games in November, December and January aren't going to have any students so for those games it will be more than that.

Has anyone received any additional ticket information? They said they'd get some info out by the end of this week, but I've received nothing.

I got an email today to order November tickets. Looks like they are going to do it month by month.

Wolf Silliness. You could space everyone 20-30 feet apart and be safe in a place as large as the Pete with 2500 plus allowed in there.

SMF must be the governor’s Covid advisor! o_Oo_Oo_O

Reactions: Fredact
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT