ADVERTISEMENT

1998 vibes

Yep. It’s hard to see possible wins left on the schedule. VT maybe? Cuse looks good and Bc put up a good fight. Unbelievable how bad all around they look.

I don't ever remember us having such poor offensive talent. Jurk is just awful,but, it goes far beyond him. Pitt has had many electric running backs over the years. Hammond is OK, but overall our backs aren't good. That said, the receivers are even worse. We have no go to guy, they don't run good routes, and they drop their share of balls. Worse yet, is the o-line. They are Experienced guys who are awful. We usually have a few capable players there. Not this year. There are guys running unblocked into our backfield on passing downs, and they couldn't even dominate Wofford in run blocking. We have one guy on offense that other teams would want, that is Gavin Bartholomew. He is the only above average player at his position on the entire offense. In modern day college football, that ain't going to cut it. Getting rid of Phil can help, but, you can't cure a lack of talent throughout our offense just by changing the QB.

Reactions: PittPoker
John Ryan was the worst, followed by Sal Genilla. But really Phil may claim #1 if this is allowed to continue.

I thought he was a sure thing coming out of high school. Some coaches I talked to thought the same thing. I'll never forget my quote that you don't win the ACC by losing players like Jurkovec and coaches like Canada (occurred within a few weeks of each other in 2017). Boy was I wrong.

Matt Lytle actually started an NFL game, I’m pretty confident Jurkovic will never do that.

For the record Trey Andersen was the worst QB I’ve ever seen at Pitt, he literally looked like he had never played the position before.

Matt Lytle actually started an NFL game, I’m pretty confident Jurkovic will never do that.

For the record Trey Andersen was the worst QB I’ve ever seen at Pitt, he literally looked like he had never played the position before.
Jerk won’t even get a FA sniff

oh yeah, forgot about him. I'll still never forget when Graham benched Tino against Louisville (or Utah, can't remember exactly) in the 4th quarter and trotted out Anderson. Worse performance ever, you knew there was no hope of a comeback with him in the game. Also the Kevan Smith game against MSU in 2007 was also very bad.

But still, top is still John Ryan, Sal Genilla and Phil closing on the lead. Anderson & Smith with not enough snaps to qualify, although both deserve to be on list

oh yeah, forgot about him. I'll still never forget when Graham benched Tino against Louisville (or Utah, can't remember exactly) in the 4th quarter and trotted out Anderson. Worse performance ever, you knew there was no hope of a comeback with him in the game. Also the Kevan Smith game against MSU in 2007 was also very bad.

But still, top is still John Ryan, Sal Genilla and Phil closing on the lead. Anderson & Smith with not enough snaps to qualify, although both deserve to be on list
Wayne Adams 1977 ND game can’t ever be beaten

I don't ever remember us having such poor offensive talent. Jurk is just awful,but, it goes far beyond him. Pitt has had many electric running backs over the years. Hammond is OK, but overall our backs aren't good. That said, the receivers are even worse. We have no go to guy, they don't run good routes, and they drop their share of balls. Worse yet, is the o-line. They are Experienced guys who are awful. We usually have a few capable players there. Not this year. There are guys running unblocked into our backfield on passing downs, and they couldn't even dominate Wofford in run blocking. We have one guy on offense that other teams would want, that is Gavin Bartholomew. He is the only above average player at his position on the entire offense. In modern day college football, that ain't going to cut it. Getting rid of Phil can help, but, you can't cure a lack of talent throughout our offense just by changing the QB.
2019 the offensive talent was abysmal. Pickett hadn’t broken out yet. Addison wasn’t here. You had Vincent and aj Davis as lead backs. Ffrench and Mack were your receivers, and you had stewie griffin at TE

2019 the offensive talent was abysmal. Pickett hadn’t broken out yet. Addison wasn’t here. You had Vincent and aj Davis as lead backs. Ffrench and Mack were your receivers, and you had stewie griffin at TE

I would take Max Browne/Ben Dinucci every day of the week over Jurkovec. And Mack and Ffrench??? Are you kidding me? Means and Mumpfield cant hold their jocks.

DiNucci was worse than any of these guys listed. For US. I don’t give a rats arse what he did for other teams he played for. For Pitt, he was one of the worst ever. At least, post 1978ish when I started watching.

I’d take Ryan in a heartbeat over this garbage

Lytle was better. He got the piss beat out of him that year but he at least showed he was capable of making "some" throws.
Yup and surprisingly to me at least he was in the NFL for a little bit. He was far and away better than Jurkovec ever will be.

Jurkovec is worse than him.

1. Prototype size
2. Excellent mobility for that size in HS
3. Put up gaudy #'s
4. Played for a high profile program.
5. Multisport athlete.

If he was 6'1, he probably doesn't get much if any national attention.

He was the best QB I've seen in the area since Marino in high school. Although one red flag was Coach K was using a RPO, with Jurk running a good deal of the time or throwing on roll-outs. When he did drop back he looked good, but it wasn't often. So to think he would make the transition into a pro-style QB I guess in hindsight was wishful thinking.

Was just going to say the same thing. Look we win the last two games with Kenny picket as the QB but this team isn't any better than Cincy or wvu and those teams are not good. Even with a average QB this is a 5 or 6 win team.

Reactions: Pittisit4me
How was the kid so highly rated? He couldn’t throw a ball in HS and continues with that wounded duck toss today
I think Phil has regressed. He doesn't look like the same QB who had a good year with bc. I thought maybe it was bc had a shit team last year and Phil was coming off a injury. Put it this way Phil isn't what he was when he played at nd or his first year at bc. He was never good but the guy taking the field for Pitt is highschool level.

I think Phil has regressed. He doesn't look like the same QB who had a good year with bc. I thought maybe it was bc had a shit team last year and Phil was coming off a injury. Put it this way Phil isn't what he was when he played at nd or his first year at bc. He was never good but the guy taking the field for Pitt is highschool level.

I wish we had high school Phil, he looked like the next big thing. We have the Phil whose hopes & dreams have been crushed after 6 years of P5 football

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT