ADVERTISEMENT

2 Silent Commits

May 21, 2010
per Mike Vukovcan. Here is his article from yesterday. You would like to think they are both local kids if they confided in him.

Hamlin & Mattews ????

***Pitt’s Class of 2016 stands at 19 tonight but it’s really at 21. I’m saying that because tonight I’ve learned of 2 players that will eventually commit to the Panthers. Since these 2 players don’t want it announced yet, I agreed to not post anything until they give me permission to do so. A big part of this business is to earn trust with players and coaches. One way to do that is to “sit” on info for a bit when they ask you to do so.

per Mike Vukovcan. Here is his article from yesterday. You would like to think they are both local kids if they confided in him.

Hamlin & Mattews ????

***Pitt’s Class of 2016 stands at 19 tonight but it’s really at 21. I’m saying that because tonight I’ve learned of 2 players that will eventually commit to the Panthers. Since these 2 players don’t want it announced yet, I agreed to not post anything until they give me permission to do so. A big part of this business is to earn trust with players and coaches. One way to do that is to “sit” on info for a bit when they ask you to do so.

Tyrone Hill - Now committed to Maryland
Elias Reynolds - Currently committed to Rutgers

Those are my guesses.

Why would they confide in a journalist if they are currently committed? I’m not saying they are or they are not but that would be odd.

Much greater chance of it being one of these two or Andrew Trainor than either of the guys you mentioned. He said both will be committing within the next week or 2, so it has zero chance of being hudson and hamlin.

Reactions: Pitt Magician
Much greater chance of it being one of these two or Andrew Trainor than either of the guys you mentioned. He said both will be committing within the next week or 2, so it has zero chance of being hudson and hamlin.

This is my thought as well. Won't be one of the big local guys.

As much time as he spends asking 16 and 17 year olds to DM him, I think Chris Hanson should make a stop at his house and have a talk with him

21lpyzr.jpg

Yeah, I don't think he is full on troll for click bait by just throwing stuff up. I think he was told by the recruits themselves to keep it quiet.

But he is going to put it out there instead of remaining silent because he is trying to build a following and it is a business to him.

By the strict definition, sure it's "click bait", but I think there is some meat behind it and he is not dude-esque in just throwing crap out there and making things up.

honestly, has this guy ever given actual information that turned out right? I see a lot of things that he knew and confirmed after the fact but has he ever said, "Player X is going to come to pitt (or whatever school)" before it was public? I've read a lot of people say things like he knew this was going to happen but who cares what he knew, or allegedly knew if he isn't telling anyone. I could tell you I know tomorrow's lottery number, doesn't do you much good if I tell you after the fact..

Reactions: Ski
Yeah, I don't think he is full on troll for click bait by just throwing stuff up. I think he was told by the recruits themselves to keep it quiet.

But he is going to put it out there instead of remaining silent because he is trying to build a following and it is a business to him.

By the strict definition, sure it's "click bait", but I think there is some meat behind it and he is not dude-esque in just throwing crap out there and making things up.

I agree with this. He's kind of found him pace the last few weeks and trying to build some credibility. The thing about the silent commits in at the bottom of an update article so its not click bait or he just sucks at it.

honestly, has this guy ever given actual information that turned out right? I see a lot of things that he knew and confirmed after the fact but has he ever said, "Player X is going to come to pitt (or whatever school)" before it was public? I've read a lot of people say things like he knew this was going to happen but who cares what he knew, or allegedly knew if he isn't telling anyone. I could tell you I know tomorrow's lottery number, doesn't do you much good if I tell you after the fact..

I don't think he is going to say "this is going to happen" if there is not concrete evidence. He has shared his opinion on how things may go, and made it clear it was just his opinion.

But when it comes to recruiting, no one outside of the recruit themselves knows 100%. He just reports what he has been told, and people can base what may come of it from reading his stuff. Chris does a good job on here as well at doing that.

You mean awhile back when we had a silent commit. It ended up being Gilbert but Vuc thought it was sanders. Vuc even mentioned he had both local sources and sources at PSU.

I don't think he is going to say "this is going to happen" if there is not concrete evidence. He has shared his opinion on how things may go, and made it clear it was just his opinion.

But when it comes to recruiting, no one outside of the recruit themselves knows 100%. He just reports what he has been told, and people can base what may come of it from reading his stuff. Chris does a good job on here as well at doing that.

Last edited:
Dion, his article said "2 players that will eventually commit to the Panthers. "
Dion, Vuc said that "2 players that will eventually commit to the Panthers. " Where did you get "He said both will be committing within the next week or 2" from? Did I miss that somewhere, or are you just seriously bad at reading comprehension?

Dion, his article said "2 players that will eventually commit to the Panthers. "

Dion, Vuc said that "2 players that will eventually commit to the Panthers. " Where did you get "He said both will be committing within the next week or 2" from? Did I miss that somewhere, or are you just seriously bad at reading comprehension?

Twitter is your friend, my friend.

If they want to keep it quiet. Why tell him anything?

Why would these kids tell him anything if they don't want it public yet. What is the upside for them telling mike this info?

There doesn't need to be any calculated upside. Imagine this: Vuc talks to these kids several times, develops a bit of a relationship with them, some trust. Then on the last call, when discussing where they are in the recruiting process, a kid says that he's made up his mind but won't be announcing it for awhile and asks him not to say anything and spoil the announcement.

Reactions: pittpitt
Could be "conditional" offers from Pitt. Possible the staff has told players it is reserving 'ships for, say, Hamlin and Hudson. But if either goes elsewhere or Pitt grows weary of waiting, these "silent" commits are Plan B. The "silent" guys could be anxious to commit right now, but are still waiting for official offers.

Guys you are arguing with a penn state troll.

I think Matthews isn't even really being recruited by Pitt seriously anymore even though he probably will be a beast in college.

Hudson wasn't even mentioned so not sure why lion Lewis mentioned him but I think low chance there too.

I think Hamlin will be at Pitt and Hamlin, Coleman, ford, wade and whitehead holy shite best secondary in all of college football

Reactions: JokePa
Trust me when I tell you this (as I have numerous times) unless there is a big change of mind. Which I'm told is not likely.Hudson not coming to Pitt. However if he does, I will be happy as a fan and will apologize for bad info. But again not likely to happen. Told he is going a little further west than pa.

Trust me when I tell you this (as I have numerous times) unless there is a big change of mind. Which I'm told is not likely.Hudson not coming to Pitt. However if he does, I will be happy as a fan and will apologize for bad info. But again not likely to happen. Told he is going a little further west than pa.

I believe Hudson is a silent verbal. I have no information to back that up but...logically: We have only 6 scholarship linebackers coming back next season (I am not counting Folston). We have 2 linebacker recruits. Pugh might have difficulty in qualifying and Pine is rumored to be looking around. I believe we will sign Renyolds, but that still is not enough.

I have not heard Pitt strongly connected (no visits scheduled) with other available linebackers (C.Miller, Belmar or J.Morris), this leads mean to believe Pitt either has a verbal or strongly believe they will receive a verbal from Hudson.

Gary, Hudson is not playing LB in college. Think safety for defense or RB for offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT