ADVERTISEMENT

36-69 Win-Loss Record for Scott Drew

Maybe. But I’ll continue to stand by it.

A player murdered another player. The head coach tried to cover it up (among many other things). Anyone who thinks that Pitt was in worse shape than Baylor is absurd.

I think maybe most on here don’t really know the Baylor story and how complicit Bliss was. I mentioned it on here a few years ago that he was hired at a small high school in my area a few years ago and I would occasionally see him at the local gas station. What happened there at Baylor was a bigger shit show than PSU, it should’ve received even more publicity than it did.

I think maybe most on here don’t really know the Baylor story and how complicit Bliss was. I mentioned it on here a few years ago that he was hired at a small high school in my area a few years ago and I would occasionally see him at the local gas station. What happened there at Baylor was a bigger shit show than PSU, it should’ve received even more publicity than it did.
Which is why Drew couldn't recruit the first couple years. Everyone thought they would get the Death Penalty. I cant believe they didnt.

How many years was Baylor even banned from the NCAAT? I couldn't find that. I remember it was so irrelevant because they sucked so bad.

Comparing Drew's situation to Capel.....wow.

Which is why Drew couldn't recruit the first couple years. Everyone thought they would get the Death Penalty. I cant believe they didnt.

How many years was Baylor even banned from the NCAAT? I couldn't find that. I remember it was so irrelevant because they sucked so bad.

Comparing Drew's situation to Capel.....wow.

Agree with you totally on this, it was amazing that Baylor even had a semblance of a basketball program a few short years
later.

Agree with you totally on this, it was amazing that Baylor even had a semblance of a basketball program a few short years
later.
For some reason I remember exactly where I was when I heard Drew got the job. I saw it on SportsCenter and even though he was a new coach, I thought he was absolutely crazy to take that job. I thought Valpo was a good gig and he could have a few good seasons there and then parlay that into a really good job. Like a lot of people, I really thought the Death Penalty was a possibility.

You people do not understand. When Drew took the job, most people believed Baylor would get the death penalty. That meant for the first couple years, he could not recruit. Try selling against, "hey kid, why go to Baylor, they have sucked forever and will be getting the death penalty soon so you will have to transfer." Nothing compares to what Drew took over.

I believe there's a line in the Baylor alma mater that goes something like - if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying...

So there's that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT