ADVERTISEMENT

4-4 against a terrible ACC schedule... it’s time for pat to go.

I disagree. His first two years I’d say you’re right. He has lost any cache he had and that’s pretty obvious if you watch and listen to things like ESPN College Gameday. Or if you talk to anyone who closely follows college football and isn’t biased for or against Pitt.

Compared to the last 10 years, the perception of Pitt FB is better under Narduzzi than it was under Chryst or Graham or Haywood

You are the moron who predicted a 3 or 4 win season and now are bitching it wasn't 10 wins.

The team did as well or better than most pundits, bettors and fans here predicted, Sure we all would love an undefeated season but you also need to be realistic based on expectations

“pitt didn’t suck as much as we all thought! They had a great year because they exceed preseason predictions of 5 wins!!!!”

He is the best Pitt can get. No other coach will come to Pitt who could do better. Best thing is to keep the consistency.

This is almost word for word what I was going to post. I’d like to know who the Fire Narduzzi crowd want to replace him, whether that candidate would come to Pitt, and how it wouldn’t regress the program significantly.

“pitt didn’t suck as much as we all thought! They had a great year because they exceed preseason predictions of 5 wins!!!!”

Ok nitter, as I said before, your act here has worn thin. Perhaps I should ignore you like most others do. Although I do enjoy seeing you make a fool of yourself. Decisions, decisions

Reactions: Pittguy93
Are you Sandusky's shower buddy

look, what I just don’t understand is how you can sit here and act like everything is ok and there are no issues? I don’t understand how you guys can keep saying things are heading the right way? At the very best the program is at the same level it was when pat took over...and that is arguable. The roster Narduzzi inherited is probably significantly more talented than this one.

look, what I just don’t understand is how you can sit here and act like everything is ok and there are no issues? I don’t understand how you guys can keep saying things are heading the right way? At the very best the program is at the same level it was when pat took over...and that is arguable. The roster Narduzzi inherited is probably significantly more talented than this one.

The program has improved over 6-6 Chryst. That is not even up for debate. There is far more depth on the roster today and improving recruiting. Defensive talent is vastly improved. Offensive talent is worse.

Are things perfect, no They are not perfect for most teams. But things are improved. If they don't continue to improve in a year or two, then is when you start to consider changes. But we have seen how frequent coaching turnover is a disaster. And there is no one out there that you could name that would realistically take the job who is a guaranteed improvement, let alone a home run hire

Reactions: lilspainishflea
The program has improved over 6-6 Chryst. That is not even up for debate. There is far more depth on the roster today and improving recruiting. Defensive talent is vastly improved. Offensive talent is worse.

Are things perfect, no They are not perfect for most teams. But things are improved. If they don't continue to improve in a year or two, then is when you start to consider changes. But we have seen how frequent coaching turnover is a disaster. And there is no one out there that you could name that would realistically take the job who is a guaranteed improvement, let alone a home run hire

Chryst inherited a really bad situation. The fact he went 6-6 3 years in a row is pretty good.

Narduzzi inherited a pretty stable situation. He added Peterman so good on him there, but frankly as chryst’s players have left the team overall has regressed.

like I said in another thread, the defensive talent Chryst brought in wasn’t great, but the defense was never as bereft of talent as the offense is now.

Reactions: brickfhouse

last 3 seasons
5-7
7-7
7-5

how exactly is that improved over 6-6??
Seems that’s exactly 0.500

In all honesty, how far does Pitt regress if they fire Narduzzi? I don’t like the instability of having X number of coaches in 10 years, but after 5 years, I don’t see Narduzzi getting Pitt in the top 10 ever in the future. I think his ceiling is 9 wins a season in a weak ACC. For 3 million a year, I expect a little more progress after 5 years, but maybe I am being unrealistic.
In all honesty, what difference does it make? These guys aren’t going anywhere. Five years later we have half a team. Tell me how important bowl games are when Navy kicks our teeth in for Pat’s 4th bowl loss and second consecutive season ending tank job.

How has this not imploded on him already? Lack of discipline has been season long.
The lack of discipline cost them this game and very nearly cost them several others I would also say that the Miami game is a game they should have won as well. Dominated in yardage but a bunch of turnovers.

Chryst inherited a really bad situation. The fact he went 6-6 3 years in a row is pretty good.

Narduzzi inherited a pretty stable situation. He added Peterman so good on him there, but frankly as chryst’s players have left the team overall has regressed.

like I said in another thread, the defensive talent Chryst brought in wasn’t great, but the defense was never as bereft of talent as the offense is now.

I disagree. Chryst's teams could have never lost 2 of there top 3 DL and play like it never happened. The depth is far greater today.

And Chryst's offense was never a top 10 offense like Narduzzi's defense is

Maybe not this year but another finish like this - Heather will have him in her office with security and a HR rep!

Yeah. There is no doubt he gets one more year to straighten things out. We all know that. Doesn't mean things will change and more fans will be alienated from the program forever, though.

Reactions: 303vND
Now try by using all 5 years Narduzzi has been here instead of cherry picking 3 years. And let's not even talk about the difference in schedule strength
My problem when Souf and others post that about last season is that they’re punishing Pitt for winning the division and playing that extra game against the eventual National Champion

Reactions: superstein61a
My problem when Souf and others post that about last season is that they’re punishing Pitt for winning the division and playing that extra game against the eventual National Champion
I’ll give them a pass on clemsoN. Still take that out and they are 7-6 with two pretty bad looking losses at the end to Miami and Stanford.

I’ll give them a pass on clemsoN. Still take that out and they are 7-6 with two pretty bad looking losses at the end to Miami and Stanford.
I’m often hesitant to include bowl results - good or bad - because of the quirky nature of them
Fully agree about Miami last year

Reactions: superstein61a
I disagree. Chryst's teams could have never lost 2 of there top 3 DL and play like it never happened. The depth is far greater today.

And Chryst's offense was never a top 10 offense like Narduzzi's defense is
Was Chryst’s offense ever a bottom 10 in scoring like this one?

You say Narduzzi has recruited better and has developed “far more depth”, yet in the same sentence you state that the offensive talent is worse than it was with Chryst?

The most recent 3 years isn’t cherry picking

As the roster became more his-
We see the same results as chryst Final 3 years

Oh please. And you completely ignored the strength of schedule
Plus you penalized Pitt last year by including the Championship game loss to Clemson and the bowl game. Yet you excluded all of Chryst's bowl games

So it should read for comparison sake

8-4
8-4
5-7
7-5
7-5

total regular season Narduzzi 35-25

6-6
6-6
6-6

Chryst total 18-18

Oh please. And you completely ignored the strength of schedule
Plus you penalized Pitt last year by including the Championship game loss to Clemson and the bowl game. Yet you excluded all of Chryst's bowl games

So it should read for comparison sake

8-4
8-4
5-7
7-5
7-5

total regular season Narduzzi 35-25

6-6
6-6
6-6

Chryst total 18-18
Our qb threw for NINE YARD against Clemson
Of course it counts .
So do the bowl losses

he’s a 0/500 coach - yet you perceive improvement

We went 4-4 in the worst division in the p5.
There isn’t a ranked team

your perception of improvement requires willfully ignoring the reality .

Was Chryst’s offense ever a bottom 10 in scoring like this one?

You say Narduzzi has recruited better and has developed “far more depth”, yet in the same sentence you state that the offensive talent is worse than it was with Chryst?

Did Chryst ever have a top 10 offense or defense?

You really lack reading comprehension. I said the offense needs to improve. But overall, there is more depth on the team know than under Chryst. A lot is on defense but still more overall

Our qb threw for NINE YARD against Clemson
Of course it counts .
So do the bowl losses

he’s a 0/500 coach - yet you perceive improvement

We went 4-4 in the worst division in the p5.
There isn’t a ranked team

your perception of improvement requires willfully ignoring the reality .

So you like to just selectively include and exclude certain games. That says it all

So you like to just selectively include and exclude certain games. That says it all
I’m including every game the previous 3 season

you’re the one contorting selection criteria

Yes it says it all.

he’s a 0.500 coach just like chryst -
Yet you perceive a big improvement .
After what -
Another tailspin end to a season .
Whoopty do- we beat a bad unc team finally.
Then drop the next 2 in classic fashion

I’m including every game the previous 3 season

you’re the one contorting selection criteria

Yes it says it all.

he’s a 0.500 coach just like chryst -
Yet you perceive a big improvement .
After what -
Another tailspin end to a season .
Whoopty do- we beat a bad unc team finally.
Then drop the next 2 in classic fashion

Talk to yourself from here on out. I refuse to debate with someone as dishonest as you who tries to misleadingly cherry pick certain stats and who ignores strength of schedule.

The overall regular season records for there time at Pitt are 18-18 for Chryst, and 35-25 Narduzzi. End of story

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Talk to yourself from here on out. I refuse to debate with someone as dishonest as you who tries to misleadingly cherry pick certain stats and who ignores strength of schedule.

The overall regular season records for there time at Pitt are 18-18 for Chryst, and 35-25 Narduzzi. End of story
Yep you’re selecting games
I’m including them all
4-4 in conference in year 5
Great improvement

Did Chryst ever have a top 10 offense or defense?

You really lack reading comprehension. I said the offense needs to improve. But overall, there is more depth on the team know than under Chryst. A lot is on defense but still more overall
You’re saying:

-offensive players were better under Chryst but defensive players were lacking
-defensive players are better under Narduzzi but offensive players are lacking
-Narduzzi has developed more depth but mostly on the defensive side
-ergo, Narduzzi has done a better coaching job.

Interesting logic. By the way, do you believe that Narduzzii having 2 more full seasons and recruiting cycles at Pitt than Chryst may have had some impact on their respective roster development? Also, how do you feel about Narduzzi having a bottom feeder defense for 3 full seasons, and a middling to poor defense last year, before finally putting a respectable defense on the field this year? I mean after all, it took him 4 full years and recruiting classes.

We went 8-5 pat’s first two years, and since 5-7, 7-7, and 7-5...which way are we trending

You’re saying:

-offensive players were better under Chryst but defensive players were lacking
-defensive players are better under Narduzzi but offensive players are lacking
-Narduzzi has developed more depth but mostly on the defensive side
-ergo, Narduzzi has done a better coaching job.

Interesting logic. By the way, do you believe that Narduzzii having 2 more full seasons and recruiting cycles at Pitt than Chryst may have had some impact on their respective roster development? Also, how do you feel about Narduzzi having a bottom feeder defense for 3 full seasons, and a middling to poor defense last year, before finally putting a respectable defense on the field this year? I mean after all, it took him 4 full years and recruiting classes.
Oops

until this year - pat’s best defense was year 1 , with a supposedly team bereft of defensive talent

Reactions: H2P 2003
Narduzzi is a mediocre head coach at Pitt, but so was Paul Chryst when he was here. There is no foundation here like you find at other places like Wisconsin. What Chryst is accomplishing at Wisky should be raising big red flags in regards to Pitt.

Pitts lack of talent during the chryst regime is partially due to chryst but mostly due to Steve Peterson and Todd graham

We all know Narduzzi isn't going anywhere. He'll be at Pitt next year again. And we all know that we'll be seeing another 5-7 to 7-5, mediocre season with no halftime adjustments and few TD's scored in the second half of games. Next year, there's no guarantee that it won't be worse than 5-7. 4-8 or 3-9 is a possibility. We are regressing. These are all givens and trademarks of a Narduzzi-coached team.

So get used to it for the time being. That doesn't mean you have to go to these debacles called Pitt football games. There won't be many there next year anyhow. We'll just have to face reality and wait until someone changes things.

Why ASU took Graham from us after one year I will never know, but I personally didn’t care for that hire when Pitt made it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT