ADVERTISEMENT

5,000th post - Smorgasbord

Chairman Moe

All Conference
Nov 4, 2003
Just around the corner from Paradise
First, a Happy Thanksgiving to all of the Pitt Rivals board members. I hope your celebration today was a good one

Second, yes, after 20 years of being a member here, I finally reached the 5,000 post "milestone". I know that SMF probably has this many posts each week, but I digress ... ;)

Third, a Moe-bservation from Wednesday's game: I spoke of the "chemistry" that this year's team appeared to have after their seemingly easy romp through 4 mid-major DI teams; last night, though, the team seemed to get the chemistry wrong, as they added water to acid instead of the other way around (chemistry majors will know the meaning of this). As many others stated, the team played way too selfishly, but moreover were just totally out-manned and out-played by a more physical and mature team in Florida. Probably best that a game such as this happened in the 5th Panther Men's BB game than later on during league play ...

Fourth, I think a game such as they had vs Florida is a good learning Moe-ment, and hopefully one that Coach Capel and his staff will use to help this young and still raw group of players. I'm a bit disappointed in Blake Hinson's performance, as is he, I'm sure. Not sure that he is our team "leader"; Ish Leggett seems a better player for that role, IMO. I liked his grittiness

Fifth, Zach Austin - while having a decent overall game - needs to find his shot from the 3-ball. We NEED another consistent scorer if this team is to match the record and performance of the 2022-2023 team; same with Jeffress. He was not as effective on defense and his lack of offense hurts

Sixth, I doubt that I will ever get to another 5,000 posts. Not that it's a goal of mine. But I hope that there'll be more good games ahead to allow me to make the positive comments than bad games that make me want to say something "negative". This team and program appears to be making the right moves to re-establish our program as a better-than-average P5 basketball team. Let's start with a big win tomorrow. Hail to Pitt!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT