7 players for on campus workouts

gary2

Athletic Director
Jul 21, 2001
according to Jason Capel on Podcast

Peace - Kene - Samson - Ellison - McGowens

Sounds like no Brown (or Stevenson)

There other 2 Frame and Davis?

Does anyone know which players are here?

according to Jason Capel on Podcast

Peace - Kene - Samson - Ellison - McGowens

Sounds like no Brown (or Stevenson)

There other 2 Frame and Davis?

Does anyone know which players are here?
The Pitt basketball twitter account has shown photos of Frame, Davis and I thought Brown in workouts.

I remember when Ron Ramon's father would run a boot camp for the players in the summer.

Reactions: HOF Coach
The Pitt basketball twitter account has shown photos of Frame, Davis and I thought Brown in workouts.
Thanks for that info

Jason Capel specifically said he looked FORWARD to working with Brown?

Reactions: bobfree
I remember when Ron Ramon's father would run a boot camp for the players in the summer.
Can/do players sometimes skip a period where they could be in summer school and go home, then return in Aug/Sept?

Can/do players sometimes skip a period where they could be in summer school and go home, then return in Aug/Sept?
Good question - I have no idea. Searching my memory of the days with Ramon, I believe they chose to stay on campus all summer, but not sure on that.

There are limitations on summer workouts and how many weeks the coaches can work the players out. The workouts must occur during summer school/sessions, and to participate, players must be enrolled at the time (this doesn't apply to voluntary workouts, like shooting, etc.).

The current crop of players on campus for this session and workouts are McGowens, Chukwuka, Ilegomah, George, Wilson-Frame, Ellison, Davis, and Starzynski (walk-on). George isn't currently working out, as he tweaked his ankle.

Johnson, N'dir, Toney, Stevenson, and Brown are all scheduled to be on campus for the second summer session, which starts Monday, June 25. Not sure how many of the eight already on campus will remain. Most, if not all, I suspect.

Last edited:
There are limitations on summer workouts and how many weeks the coaches can work the players out. The workouts must occur during summer school/sessions, and to participate, players must be enrolled at the time (this doesn't apply to voluntary workouts, like shooting, etc.).

The current crop of players on campus for this session and workouts out are McGowens, Chukwuka, Ilegomah, George, Wilson-Frame, Ellison, Davis, and Starzynski (walk-on). George isn't currently workout out, as he tweaked his ankle.

Johnson, N'dir, Toney, Stevenson, and Brown will all be on campus for the second summer session, which starts Monday, June 25. Not sure how many of the eight already on campus will remain. Most, if not all, I suspect.
Thanks - Appreciate it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT