ADVERTISEMENT

A&M going after Franklin?

A&m would have to pay close to 8 mil a year. Hard to see him leaving now that his recruits are there and they're in playoff contention

A&m would have to pay close to 8 mil a year. Hard to see him leaving now that his recruits are there and they're in playoff contention

Think SEC! You play with the best!
The BIG 10 is down, maybe will be down further and this might be a "peak" year after which who knows what happens in Happy Valley?

Had the Nitters lost the Iowa game, their season would have be done so its a razors edge in the BIG 10.

Oh man. THIS would finally reverse the curse! This is what needs to happen. Breaking the jinx on the program since Jackie Sherrill left us to go to A&M.

But honestly, why would I go to A&M. Believe it or not, PSU has an easier route to the playoffs than A&M. A&M has to go through Alabama, LSU and Auburn every year.

No way. That job has lost alot of luster being in the SEC West. Now if it was Texas, I could have seen it. If it is LSU, I can see it. But not A&M. If it was USC I could see it. Notre Dame, I could see it.

Nobody is going to outbid Penn State. Not even the NFL.

BTW, if Narduzzi leaves (never say never), Sumlin would be on my short list.

My nit buddy in the know up there was afraid of an SEC school coming after the dominator. Personally I always thought Tennessee would come calling not A & M.

I'm not sure of the buy out for Butch Jones but the SEC is the closet thing to the NFL so if a big time school has to buy a coach out it's close to a drop in the bucket than a deal breaker.

If Franklin have visions of leaving and cashing in on the SEC one would think it would be after this year when Barkley leaves and possibly More head leaves as well.

that would be ironic....
He's already the 4th highest paid coach in football, I just can't see this happening without a substantial increase in his ~$6million salary. He's at a premier school, making tons of money, has a rabid fan base, national exposure, great recruiting, etc.

The only thing that I could see them offering is assistant salaries, but that's only because PSU doesn't disclose theirs and A&M has 2 of the highest paid assistants in the league. But I imagine that PSU is paying Moorehead a top 10 assistant salary to keep him around.

Nobody is going to outbid Penn State. Not even the NFL.

BTW, if Narduzzi leaves (never say never), Sumlin would be on my short list.

I think you're underestimating the deep pockets of the SEC and fans in TX. Sumlin makes $5MM/year right now. There is no doubt the TX A&M contingent could pony up another $2+MM a year if they thought Franklin was worth it.

Franklin's in a good spot if he wants to be considered the big fish in the Northeast (kind of) with very little competition from the UMD, Rutgers, BC, etc. in that area. TX A&M would bring competition from the other TX schools in addition to nearby BIG XII and SEC schools.

After all the drama in Texas between Strong, Sumlin, and boosters - I can't see an African American coach taking that job this time around.

Reactions: Tbro34
He's already the 4th highest paid coach in football, I just can't see this happening without a substantial increase in his ~$6million salary. He's at a premier school, making tons of money, has a rabid fan base, national exposure, great recruiting, etc.

The only thing that I could see them offering is assistant salaries, but that's only because PSU doesn't disclose theirs and A&M has 2 of the highest paid assistants in the league. But I imagine that PSU is paying Moorehead a top 10 assistant salary to keep him around.

I agree with all of that but there is some real reason why his buyout dropped to $2 million.

I'm probably staying in Penn State with the right raise if I'm Franklin.
Both schools allow you to average a Top 10 recruiting class over a 4 year cycle. Meaning both schools allow you to be a legit national title contender every year.
But at A&M you're looking at LSU, Alabama, and Auburn just in your division that are all capable of bringing in Top 10 recruiting classes. Then in the East you have UF, UGA, Tenn. that are all Top 10 recruiting classes, with maybe Tenn. being just on the outside of that but not by much.
In the Big Ten it's Ohio State and Michigan. And it sucks both are in your division, but it's still less than the SEC West. And unlike the SEC, there is absolutely no talent in the other division.

One thing I know is that those yahoos at A&M are serious about their FB....money will NO object once they key in on a target they definitely want! They have money to burn and the skies the limit.

Can't see it happening. He has too good of a thing up there. This is like LSU continuing going after Fisher and striking out each time.

After all the drama in Texas between Strong, Sumlin, and boosters - I can't see an African American coach taking that job this time around.
funny, I did not know losing and severely underachieving was a race related issue and just thought they were rabid football nuts who wanted to win. Besides if no one tells them he is black they just might not notice.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
Hearing rumors that it's essentially a done deal. 6.9 million over 10 years per. He's down there "recruiting" but signing a deal. Look for PSU to hire Al Golden or Mike Munchak or make a pitch to elevate Coach Joe Moorhead. Sources are saying he could sign and leave Penn State within the next 3 days. Unreal how this stuff goes down.

Did Texas A&M fire Sumlin and I missed it? Another delusional school that thinks they should be more than they are. Sumlin has done a good job there, the only thing he did wrong was set the expectations too high in his first year with Johnny Manziel. Another Johnny Football isn't walking through that door and they will forever be a mid tier SEC school.

Every school is looking for a savior to bring them to the promise land, including Pitt.

Teams like Tennessee, A&M, and a couple of other heavyweight schools will be looking for someone who can coach but most importantly can recruit at a VERY HIGH level. Franklin fits the description.

This may come as a shock to some nitters, but big time schools think very little of PSU and feel they can pry him away with more money...

I believe he is looking for an NFL job in the future and will stay at PSU until it happens.

Of course the nitters think he will never leave and that PSU is his "dream job". But a vast majority of the head coaches weren't at their present school 5-6 years ago. Look it up...

Karma does not exist. PS Football had the biggest scandal in the history of college sports, and is actually better off in the end. My advice is to treat PS football just like they did the victims. Turn your back and ignore them.
Sold their soul for football success?

All the evidence is there.

Did Texas A&M fire Sumlin and I missed it? Another delusional school that thinks they should be more than they are. Sumlin has done a good job there, the only thing he did wrong was set the expectations too high in his first year with Johnny Manziel. Another Johnny Football isn't walking through that door and they will forever be a mid tier SEC school.

Their recruiting has fallen off and they have little faith in Sumlin any longer.

Karma does not exist. PS Football had the biggest scandal in the history of college sports, and is actually better off in the end. My advice is to treat PS football just like they did the victims. Turn your back and ignore them.
That’s something I actually agree with you on

Every school is looking for a savior to bring them to the promise land, including Pitt.

Teams like Tennessee, A&M, and a couple of other heavyweight schools will be looking for someone who can coach but most importantly can recruit at a VERY HIGH level. Franklin fits the description.

This may come as a shock to some nitters, but big time schools think very little of PSU and feel they can pry him away with more money...

I believe he is looking for an NFL job in the future and will stay at PSU until it happens.

Of course the nitters think he will never leave and that PSU is his "dream job". But a vast majority of the head coaches weren't at their present school 5-6 years ago. Look it up...

A year ago at this time every post about Franklin was calling him a snake oil salesman who couldn't coach and now we are praying he leaves for an average SEC job which he wont even consider. More realistic would be Moorhead leaving to become a head coach and their offense taking a serious step backwards.

Reactions: NJPSU
A year ago at this time every post about Franklin was calling him a snake oil salesman who couldn't coach and now we are praying he leaves for an average SEC job which he wont even consider. More realistic would be Moorhead leaving to become a head coach and their offense taking a serious step backwards.

Nobody is "praying" that Franklin leaves. I don't give a rat's ass one way or the other, nitter... You're just bent out of shape because I said that other big schools don't think that much of PSU and feel they can pry him loose for more money.That and the fact that coaches leave all the time for more money. Texas, Michigan, USC, Wisconsin, LSU etc, do not have the same coaches they did 5 years ago. Some day Frankie will leave too... He won't be there forever... Deal with it...

No one is scared he is going to Texas AM. We are laughing about it. It does not make a difference with regards to Pitt. CPN is better than Franklin and the only thing that may help us is perhaps some recruits jump ship or we get some transfers to us. James Franklin leaving for ATM is just another stain on pSU's record. H2P !!!!!

Reactions: CCvNYC
This guy knows what he's talking about. Just look at his track record of predictions.

1. Narduzzi can outrecruit, outbuild, and most importantly outocoach Franklin. He beat his ass last year and will do so again this year. Recruits will take notice. Narduzzi > Franklin in every respect and most media and experts would agree.

2. He owns Franklin via the win last year and even though we are underdogs this year he will pull this game out. Ped state will be playing tight with heavy expectations and we will be playing with nothing to lose and will beat them. Recruits will see it.

3. París Ford plays and possibly starts against Ped State. Kid is a specimen and can line up and take their best WR out of the game having a huge impact. Ped State may likely not test him anyway if he takes out their number one.

4. Give coach Narduzzi a full 4 years with his and players and he easily pushes this 3.04 to 3.74 or greatwr. It takes time but he has a keen eye for talent above and beyond any other coaches he is recoruiting against. He is a better coach than most in ACC and most in Big Ten save for urban Meyer who is always going to get it done with his reputation and facilities and Recent NFL drawing power of.

5. You have to love the media with the unceremoniously dumping of Ped States Saqoun Barkley as the premier back in the Big Ten. The RB from tOSU is getting mad love for his aweosme performance last night. He was just amazing. I listened to sports radio today and Kirk Herbstreit was on and said that Dobbins was the best freshmen RB he has ever seen and right now he would put this kid as the best RB in the Big Ten and possibly nation. Said he respects Barkley as a player but Dobbins was on another level. Loving all of the butt hurt Ped state fans over this. Just happy to see this and media (whom I generally hate) loving on this kid Dobbins and in a New York minute dumping Barkley. Ha ha.

6. Great post. Agree 100-% and you will see us go into Happy Valley and throw punches. Nothing was shown today while Ped State ran everything possible on Akron. We will get a W next week.

Who cares about Franklin? Are you worried? If not, what are you doing here? Will it make any difference what we say? F-Off...

Nobody is "praying" that Franklin leaves. I don't give a rat's ass one way or the other, nitter... You're just bent out of shape because I said that other big schools don't think that much of PSU and feel they can pry him loose for more money.That and the fact that coaches leave all the time for more money. Texas, Michigan, USC, Wisconsin, LSU etc, do not have the same coaches they did 5 years ago. Some day Frankie will leave too... He won't be there forever... Deal with it...

Texas Michigan USC and LSU fired their coaches, they didnt leave for more money.....

Reactions: Jpripper88
This smells like an agent who wants his client to get a new contract. And if Franklin ever had any bargaining power, it's now.

The Nits can match whatever money that Franklin is offered elsewhere, provided that the Nits want to keep him.

Their OC could slide right in.

I'm hearing it's a done deal. Former Miami Dolphins and Chicago Bears Trace Armstrong was on All Sports Radio 99.5 and confirmed it. PSU in chaos. Look for a coach named Charlie Huff to be named interim head coach. DC and DL
Coaches also going.

Reactions: step.eng69
This smells like an agent who wants his client to get a new contract. And if Franklin ever had any bargaining power, it's now.

The Nits can match whatever money that Franklin is offered elsewhere, provided that the Nits want to keep him.

Texas A&M could easily beat PSU’s best offer money wise. You are way underestimating their $

I'm hearing it's a done deal. Former Miami Dolphins and Chicago Bears Trace Armstrong was on All Sports Radio 99.5 and confirmed it. PSU in chaos. Look for a coach named Charlie Huff to be named interim head coach. DC and DL
Coaches also going.

I couldn't care less if Franklin stays or goes, but I admit the meltdown would be amusing...

Texas A&M could easily beat PSU’s best offer money wise. You are way underestimating their $

What I am hearing. (WIAH): Money wasnt the issue. Texas AM had To guarantee 70 million dollars over 10 years to lure him. Franklin owes 2 million dollars to PSU for his recently signed buyout but Texas AM boosters paying. Sumlin will/was relieved of duties and Franklin will be named HC as soon as Saturday. Again, CBS Sports college football insiders Dennis Dodd has been following story and laying it out there.

Reactions: step.eng69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT