ADVERTISEMENT

ACC getting sh*t on nationally thx to UVA

Their schedule was pretty easy conference wise … AND their metrics sucked and they weren’t the 3rd best team in the league

But it still isn’t a good luck and that’s why Capel needs a team that can win both early AND late in the season so we don’t keep having a bubble resume in a shitty league

If its one thing this loss did, it now has even more people calling out the last 10 games of the regular season / conference tournament as being very important to look at.

You even have Gary Parrish changing his tune on this on his social media.

Finally people are starting to wake up and get it that the last 10 games are far more important than the non conference schedule.

It’s gonna be very hard for the ACC to recover from this perception. The 7th place mountain west (who are resident expert told us was a bad conference) beat the 3rd place ACC by 25. Bad day, sad day. We needed UVA to win

It’s gonna be very hard for the ACC to recover from this perception. The 7th place mountain west (who are resident expert told us was a bad conference) beat the 3rd place ACC by 25. Bad day, sad day. We needed UVA to win
Meh. It’s a single game elimination tournament. The ACc could have be kept at 4. What it does support is the need to bring back eye test and last 10 games as factors. No person who truly “watches” games had Virginia in despite resume and metrics.

Having watched Virginia, really since Pitt beat them there, we all knew they were not playing well. They really struggled to score and their defense wasn’t as good as we are used to. This was a committee mistake putting them in the tourney. Just from a watchability and entertainment respect it was a mistake. Pitt and others would have been a better choice. But the committee missed on this choice.

Reactions: FireballZ

They finished tied for 6th. Colorado State sucks. The Mountain West sucks. Virginia has an extremely low talent level. The lowest in the ACC. They made the NCAAT due to a technicality, basically. They had a strong OOC but only won 2 of those games and against teams who earned 7 and 9 seeds, neither of those games on the road. Good wins but not great. Their ACC SOS was historically weak which enabled them to finish 3rd and rack up enough wins. It was the perfect formula for making the NCAAT. Actually, it was very similar to FAU and Dayton: strong OOC schedule, weak conference schedule where you accomplished nothing but the OOC SOS carried the day.

Reactions: gary2
These perceptions never last.

I mean, part of the problem is that the ACC does suck lately. But Virginia fell apart at the end, also. Let's hope Clemson dusts New Mexico.

They finished tied for 6th. Colorado State sucks. The Mountain West sucks. Virginia has an extremely low talent level. The lowest in the ACC. They made the NCAAT due to a technicality, basically. They had a strong OOC but only won 2 of those games and against teams who earned 7 and 9 seeds, neither of those games on the road. Good wins but not great. Their ACC SOS was historically weak which enabled them to finish 3rd and rack up enough wins. It was the perfect formula for making the NCAAT. Actually, it was very similar to FAU and Dayton: strong OOC schedule, weak conference schedule where you accomplished nothing but the OOC SOS carried the day.
And your argument is that Pitt should’ve been in the tournament despite the only healthy team they beat in the field was terrible UVa… (NC State doesn’t count they’re like Ewing’s Gtown). And you’re convinced Pitt could’ve won multiple games despite not beating teams in the field (besides UVA who wouldn’t have been in). Do you understand how insane that sounds when you say it out loud.

And your argument is that Pitt should’ve been in the tournament despite the only healthy team they beat in the field was terrible UVa… (NC State doesn’t count they’re like Ewing’s Gtown). And you’re convinced Pitt could’ve won multiple games despite not beating teams in the field (besides UVA who wouldn’t have been in). Do you understand how insane that sounds when you say it out loud.

Duke in Cameron is still a good win without Roach and Mitchell. That's an NCAAT caliber team without those 2. Its like beating a 7 seed on the road.

And if there was no such thing as an auto bid, 22-14 NC St wouldn't have been terribly far from making the tournament. Probably Next 4 Out. 2 wins over them plus Wake (Probably Next 4 Out) are 4 more good wins.

Duke in Cameron is still a good win without Roach and Mitchell. That's an NCAAT caliber team without those 2. Its like beating a 7 seed on the road.

And if there was no such thing as an auto bid, 22-14 NC St wouldn't have been terribly far from making the tournament. Probably Next 4 Out. 2 wins over them plus Wake (Probably Next 4 Out) are 4 more good wins.
So beating non field teams UVA, Wake and NC State and 7 seed Duke means Pitt wins multiple games in the tournament and they should’ve been in. I just broke what was left of your brain by destroying your logic

So beating non field teams UVA, Wake and NC State and 7 seed Duke means Pitt wins multiple games in the tournament and they should’ve been in. I just broke what was left of your brain by destroying your logic

Yes because they are better than and can make a case they have a better resume than:

Dayton
FAU
Colorado
Colorado State
Boise State
Virginia
etc

Also, the Pitt team is different now with Lowe starting and playing starter's minutes. I have heard the TV people say they need to bring back the Last 10-12 game emphasis because every team is new now with the portal. It doesnt mean you can lose to Missouri early but there should be some weight applied to your last 10-15 games. Teams are much different now in March than they were in November. College basketball is a different sport than what is used to be.

Reactions: PittPanther44
Yes because they are better than and can make a case they have a better resume than:

Dayton
FAU
Colorado
Colorado State
Boise State
Virginia
etc

Also, the Pitt team is different now with Lowe starting and playing starter's minutes. I have heard the TV people say they need to bring back the Last 10-12 game emphasis because every team is new now with the portal. It doesnt mean you can lose to Missouri early but there should be some weight applied to your last 10-15 games. Teams are much different now in March than they were in November. College basketball is a different sport than what is used to be.
THEY BEAT ZERO TOURNAMENT TEAMS OTHER THAN UVA AT FULL STRENGTH. You can keep just saying yeah but their resume was better. It wasn’t. It just wasn’t. They lost every key OOC game and beat no full strength tournament teams but UVA. Their resume resembled an NIT team. You have to actually beat teams in the field, not in SMF’s mind.

THEY BEAT ZERO TOURNAMENT TEAMS OTHER THAN UVA AT FULL STRENGTH. You can keep just saying yeah but their resume was better. It wasn’t. It just wasn’t. They lost every key OOC game and beat no full strength tournament teams but UVA. Their resume resembled an NIT team. You have to actually beat teams in the field, not in SMF’s mind.

Dayton beat exactly 0 NCAAT teams unless you count Duquesne and you dont seem to be counting our 2 vs NC St. Dayton got a 7 seed. I had them Last 4 In. Their resume was trash. Finished 3rd in the A10 and couldn't even make the semis. But they beat a few NIT teams so they get in.

Dayton beat exactly 0 NCAAT teams unless you count Duquesne and you dont seem to be counting our 2 vs NC St. Dayton got a 7 seed. I had them Last 4 In. Their resume was trash. Finished 3rd in the A10 and couldn't even make the semis. But they beat a few NIT teams so they get in.
Ok, their Net was 22. That wasn’t your argument. Glad you admit you were wrong

BPI
Dayton 32
Pitt 33

KenPom
Dayton 33
Pitt 41

In no universe should Dayton be 25 places ahead of Pitt. Pitt would be favored on a neutral floor and you could make the argument that their resume was better.
So Dayton is better than Pitt and after I exploded your head on UVa resume being obviously better you post that Dayton is too lol. Dude, take a month long break.

Definitely a bad look. But the overall conference performance year to year is what matters. We will see how the other teams do from the ACC this year. I can’t say I know one way or the other but it’s too early to declare the ACC horrible.

Virginia never should have been in the tournament. They were the most egregious team to make the field.

It's not. They beat no one and had bad losses. UVA beat more teams in the field and no bad losses. End of story. Better Strength of Record.

Losing to 124 Notre Dame was a bad loss. Look at my game for game post. Pitt had the better resume. Look at that and reply there what you dont agree with.

Losing to 124 Notre Dame was a bad loss. Look at my game for game post. Pitt had the better resume. Look at that and reply there what you dont agree with.
Everything about it. They didn't. Again, not opinion. Strength of Record. No bad losses. finished higher in ACC. Not opinion.

Are you off your meds? You have been active in your Capel hate the last few days. A lot more than usual. You've upped your game.
I couldn't have less of an idea of what this means. I mentioned his name zero times in the post about how UVA had an obviously better resume. It isn't an opinion.

Arguing who is the better team is completely different than who has the better resume.

BTW, 1/6. Will be 1/7 next year. I before E

since you can't figure out how to use google. The only advanced metric that makes sense
You'll notice that Pitt was 4-7 in quality games. UVA was 5-6. Pitt was not in the top 50 of quality wins v SOR top 50. Would you like me to continue destroying your incorrect take?

Yes, DT get on board. Is it coincidence that Clemson announced their lawsuit yesterday with the ACC and Virginia plays so poorly last night. Some minds would say not. It is all a concerted effort by ESPN and Fox to take down the ACC so that the SEC and B1G can continue on without interference. I know the games are on CBS but that doesn’t matter to my facts. So in this tourney UNC and Duke will be successful to ensure they are also a favored few who get chosen in conference rearrangement. What a gift those two schools will be receiving in this tournament. They typically struggle so they are grateful.

So once the ACC is taken down completely next up will be the Big 12.

Mark My Words.

:)

It’s not the flex these bozos think. UVA getting pounded proves Pitt’s case. Pitt also pounded UVA (on the road), and played a much tougher in conference schedule. Yeah we had a couple duds, but were generally beating teams SOUNDLY the last two months.

UVA was a middle of the pack ACC team that got an easy in conference schedule, a lot of close wins, and a lucky win or two OOC.

They aren't representative of the top half of this conference.

Reactions: Zepley09

Stuff that disproves your point “doesn’t count”. FOH

Stuff that disproves your point “doesn’t count”. FOH
Nothing in that message disproves my point lol. Pitt didn't beat any teams in the field that were full strength outside of UVA and AQ NC State. There's no evidence they could've won multiple games just as there is no evidence they couldn't have. It's all conjecture. They simply didn't beat enough good teams to get in. End of story. Why this is a 3 day long bitch-fest, I'll never know.

You'll notice that Pitt was 4-7 in quality games. UVA was 5-6. Pitt was not in the top 50 of quality wins v SOR top 50. Would you like me to continue destroying your incorrect take?
We should have played 5 more so we could be 4-12 like Michigan State.

Stop cherry picking stats and trolling.

This team was playing like a sweet sixteen team the final 1/3 of the year.

The early season bumps and the occasional bad in-conference blowout should have penalized them. But that penalty should have been an 8/9 type seed.

We should have played 5 more so we could be 4-12 like Michigan State.

Stop cherry picking stats and trolling.

This team was playing like a sweet sixteen team the final 1/3 of the year.

The early season bumps and the occasional bad in-conference blowout should have penalized them. But that penalty should have been an 8/9 type seed.
"The team played like a sweet 16 team the final 1/3 of the year"
"Stop cherry picking stats and trolling"

How do you function in every day life?

Nothing in that message disproves my point lol. Pitt didn't beat any teams in the field that were full strength outside of UVA and AQ NC State. There's no evidence they could've won multiple games just as there is no evidence they couldn't have. It's all conjecture. They simply didn't beat enough good teams to get in. End of story. Why this is a 3 day long bitch-fest, I'll never know.

So last 10 games efficiency rankings (better than all but 14 teams) doesn’t give some evidence this team couldn’t win multiple games? Address that stat.

Reactions: FireballZ
So last 10 games efficiency rankings (better than all but 14 teams) doesn’t give some evidence this team couldn’t win multiple games? Address that stat.
Alexa - define irony.

You literally told me to stop cherry picking stats, yet you are doing exactly that.

Just because the ACC obviously sucked doesn't mean those efficiency stats against non tournament teams mean more.

"The team played like a sweet 16 team the final 1/3 of the year"
"Stop cherry picking stats and trolling"

How do you function in every day life?
Did that one liner give you a dopamine rush?

It’s what the data show. It’s what the eye test showed. I’m functioning just fine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT