ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Men’s Soccer Quarterfinals

mike412

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Santa Monica, CA
Pitt plays VT tomorrow at 4:00 pm at Pitt. For those non-locals, the match will be telecast on the ACC Network.

Pitt beat VT 4-1 during the regular season, but VT played the last hour of the game with only ten players because a defender was red-carded.

Pitt plays VT tomorrow at 4:00 pm at Pitt. For those non-locals, the match will be telecast on the ACC Network.

Pitt beat VT 4-1 during the regular season, but VT played the last hour of the game with only ten players because a defender was red-carded.

Pitt 2-1

Big center back for VT seems to be having some kind of an injury. He went out last game with a red.

More blood in a Pitt VT game. Not sure I’ve seen this many head to head shots with blood than the Pitt VT games.

Nice win. Was definitely starting to get a little worrisome there with possibility of penalty kicks.

Do we need to expand seating capacity in near future? Nice crowd tonight with as many or more standing as seated. I know it’s an elite run for us and therefor peak interest but I can’t imagine most P5 programs don’t have 2k+ seats.

Nice win. Was definitely starting to get a little worrisome there with possibility of penalty kicks.

Do we need to expand seating capacity in near future? Nice crowd tonight with as many or more standing as seated. I know it’s an elite run for us and therefor peak interest but I can’t imagine most P5 programs don’t have 2k+ seats.

Nah. We have plenty of standing room, and if we don't win a national championship by year (insert made up deadline), our fans will be clamoring to fire vidovich and stop showing up.

Do we need to expand seating capacity in near future? Nice crowd tonight with as many or more standing as seated. I know it’s an elite run for us and therefor peak interest but I can’t imagine most P5 programs don’t have 2k+ seats

This is reminding me of iu last year. Pitt dominating but just can't score

I couldn't make the game. Just finished it on delay. Reminded me SO much of IU. Pitt had all the ball, all the chances but Pitt pushes so many forward, they leave so many 1v1s on the counter an VT had a few good chances.

As for the crowd, for Wednesday and the NCAA Tournament, would it be that difficult to get some Little League Bleacher seats for the baseball field side? I mean what if we have a Pitt/WVU or Pitt/PSU NCAAT game. They could sell 5000 tickets to that. Where do you cut it off? 2000? They need some portable seating. For the Lehigh NCAAT game in 2019, fans were literally standing in the last row of the baseball stadium.

BTW, this team desperately needs Petkovic back and Almeida healthy. We will not win the NCAAT without Petkovic.

I took my wife and had a rotten time. I mean, it's one thing to go and not get a seat. It's another thing to go and watch someone's back the whole game. I'm not a "dahn in front" or "sit dahn" kind of guy, but when you're standing 4-5 deep in front of those seated, why the hell can't they open the other side up?? It's idiocy.

Yep. Just got that feeling they they will get that one shot to go in or win in kicks when we dominated like 90% of the possession

I was certain VT was going to win in PK's. The VT keeper is from Pittsburgh, had an excellent game and is 6'6 which is a huge advantage in PKs. Campuzzano is 6'2 and not a great shot-stopper. More of a sweeper-keeper

I'd say most have under 2K. But 900 or whatever we seat is probably one of the smallest. Most places, its 1 side, endline to endline.

Nah. We have plenty of standing room, and if we don't win a national championship by year (insert made up deadline), our fans will be clamoring to fire vidovich and stop showing up.
The only one getting a seat in these games are teh "Brians" who are in their seats an hour before teh game. We don't have enough standing room. Quit giving tickets to 12 and under. I don't want their Covid anyway.

The only one getting a seat in these games are teh "Brians" who are in their seats an hour before teh game. We don't have enough standing room. Quit giving tickets to 12 and under. I don't want their Covid anyway.

To be fair, I don't think they do that for tournament games and I also doubt the $5 youth discount is what is getting all those extra suburban kids to the game.

The thing they need to fix is to create some sort of student section. Or make them stand on risers or something. There's TONS of students there but they are spread throughout

To be fair, I don't think they do that for tournament games and I also doubt the $5 youth discount is what is getting all those extra suburban kids to the game.

The thing they need to fix is to create some sort of student section. Or make them stand on risers or something. There's TONS of students there but they are spread throughout
From Pitt ticket office before the VT first round game: Tickets are $5 if purchased in advance online and $10 at the gate. Kids under 12 wearing a soccer jersey will still receive free admission and Pitt students get in for free with Pitt ID.

From Pitt ticket office before the VT first round game: Tickets are $5 if purchased in advance online and $10 at the gate. Kids under 12 wearing a soccer jersey will still receive free admission and Pitt students get in for free with Pitt ID.
No big deal. My wife made me late. I'll get there earlier on Wednesday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT