ADVERTISEMENT

ACC PRE-SEEDS and BRACKETS

It should be, but it never will be until we recruit better and change our coaching staff. because I counted today in two full sessions We had two takedowns from the whole entire team, that’s not winning Wrestling. and I hate to harp on it, but this was the most disappointing performance I’ve seen since they’ve been part of the ACC.

Rough second half of the season in my opinion for this team. Had some momentum to start season and really fell apart. I don’t know the problem but lots of questions. Lack of discipline? Many guys struggled after Christmas break. Schedule to hard for this young team? Who has improved throughout the season?
Matthews is the only one that turned things around in the 2nd half, not sure what happened.

Reactions: persp and Chaos
Here’s my last rant of the day before I get prepared to go to Kansas City to cheer on Pitt. I honestly don’t see anybody who is a all-American contender besides Matthews. obviously somebody can get hot but I just don’t see it and unfortunately Pitzer got hurt at the wrong time and it’s very hard to come back and be in top level shape at the most important time of the year. I hope I’m wrong, lol.

It should be, but it never will be until we recruit better and change our coaching staff. because I counted today in two full sessions We had two takedowns from the whole entire team, that’s not winning Wrestling. and I hate to harp on it, but this was the most disappointing performance I’ve seen since they’ve been part of the ACC.
Yeah, unfortunately I'm thinking the same. As TJ mentioned in previous comment, they have not been the same team after Christmas and I remember we all discussed the lackadaisical performance then. Although we don't maybe have the talent, a lot of this has to be on coaching as well. Something needs to change because we are not competing.

I really thought we had separated ourselves from UNC and Virginia and were starting to close the gap on VA Tech and NC State. Looks like that’s not the case. Only getting 1 ACC finalist and 3 AQs is very disappointing.

Hope we can get some at large bids and come back stronger in 2 weeks.

Positive Panther here. I think we need to start being more positive for these guys. It seems like it’s mostly negativity. I thought this was a PITT Panther forum? Shouldn’t we be trying to build them up than break them down? After all, that’s what a true fan does! Such a young team with tons of talent. They work so hard. Futures bright.

Positive P, ✌🔵🟡

Pitt qualified 141, 184 and 197 today. Everyone else looking for an At Large

125: Miniscule chance

133: Like a 33% chance

149: I would say like 50/50

157: No shot

165: Honestly I would give this 60/40 on making it

174: Like 60/40

285: Very confident that Daton gets in, like 95% sure.

I am optimistically hoping we 6-7 qualifiers but there is not a guarantee unfortunately that we even get 5

looking around the country at the conclusion of conference tournaments:

133: Vinnie needs to get some help from the committee. He has a real shot but it depends how they weigh a variety of things plus some luck.

149: Only 3 allocated wrestlers didn’t qualify, Finn has a very good shot at taking a spot for this and I feel as if he is deserving.

165: This is also an absolute mess similar to 133. 4 top 15 wrestlers did not auto qualify and 3 guys ranked 18-25 did not get in. Only 5 of these 7 will get in and I am really not sure who they will be.

174: There are 3 spots up for grabs because Carter is taking 1 for sure. Luca has wins over 2 of the other wrestlers going for these bids and has arguably had the best season of them all. Im tentatively confident he goes.

285: Pitzer is the best guy on the outside looking in and he has a win over Nevills who is also in search for an At Large. 100% confident he gets a spot.

In terms of confidence I expect Dayton and Luca to get a spots. Holden and Finn my fingers are crossed but they should get one. Vinnie needs something to go his way and I am expecting him to be left out unfortunately.

Colton tech falled the kid from Rider who got an At Large
Vinnie is the 1st alternate and I really feel for him not making it.
But overall 7 qualifiers is the same amount as last year and hopefully we make some noise at the bug dance

But overall 7 qualifiers is the same amount as last year and hopefully we make some noise at the bug dance
Hearing Tyler wells from Minnesota was injured pretty badly at big tens and probably won’t make it, which would put Vinny in.

They had 6 qualifiers last year. This is the first time they’ve had 7 since 2020 I believe

Man, I feel like these seeds are a product of the super tough but light schedule Gavin put together this year. They aren't unfair because our guys' records really arent all that hot. Guess it is indeed a benefit to pad the record with a nice collection of low and mid tier wins.

On that note, I dont think it is a coincidence that the guy that wrestled the most (i think) this year, Matthews, also is the one that seems to be hitting his stride going into this tournament.

I really think that there needs to be a balance between a schedule that doesnt leave you beat up in March, and one that gets you enough work to be sharp come tourney time

Reactions: _DBHoops
Seeds were kind of a joke this year. Not referring to Pitt but there were plenty of head scratching decisions. Making Carter the 9 and having Mekhi face him in the quarters is perhaps the biggest one

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT