ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Wrestling Brackets

Let’s bring some offense boys, except for bonacorrsi, I think he’s better off with less shots, make Trumble shoot and do some snap and go behinds, let see if his strategy changes this time.
I don't think he's wrestling Trumble. I thought I saw that he lost.

I think it must be mentioned: Is Jake Wentzel an ACC Hall of Famer? 3x ACC Champ and National Runner up

Reactions: lucac
Myers just really took a step above Micky. Disappointing but Nationals still a head for Mick. Get em when it counts!

Hard to shoot when guys just sit in a 4 point stance and stall for 9 minutes good strategy if the refs won't call you though
This is rampant in HS, especially with the tall lanky light weights. Personally, its the definition of stalling, just trying to avoid action. In freestyle it can be a penalty point after being warned. Needs to become a stall call in Folk

Great job Cole!! Smart Match!! The difference between him and Micky is he has offense when he needs it

Reactions: persp
Great job Cole!! Smart Match!! The difference between him and Micky is he has offense when he needs it
The difference is that Cole get his offense whether it's someone shooting on him or him wrenching a guy into the front headlock series. Pick your poison. Its a no win for the opponent.

For Mick, he gives up the first takedown far too often and struggles to create under duress. His offense isn't necessarily a threat to him opponents. They aren't afraid of it.

And that's really the issue. Matthews has skills that his opponents are afraid of. Phillippi does not. For as good as Phillippi can be on top, good guys can get out on him.

That’s one thing I was wondering what happened, obviously guys at that level make adjustments but just 2 years ago Mickey rode out pletcher,fix, lizak, myers, Austin Gomez. These are the top notch and now he can’t ride anyone at that level which once he got 1 takedown it was basically over. Just asking what it could be?

That’s one thing I was wondering what happened, obviously guys at that level make adjustments but just 2 years ago Mickey rode out pletcher,fix, lizak, myers, Austin Gomez. These are the top notch and now he can’t ride anyone at that level which once he got 1 takedown it was basically over. Just asking what it could be?
I wonder if it's mental at this point. There's so much talk of him not having enough offense, so I wonder if that has got in his head? He definitely doesn't seem to have improved the past few years, and maybe even has regressed a bit. Need a team psychologist.

Reactions: persp
It seems the only spot we'll be sweating is 125, I pulled this off Flo:

125: 8 ranked wrestlers did not qualify - 5 at-large bids are available.​

#17 Noah Surtin, Missouri
#18 Kysen Terukina, Iowa State
#23 Jaret Lane, Lehigh
#24 Gage Curry, Pittsburgh
HM Joe Manchio, Columbia
HM Tristan Lujan, Michigan State
HM Antonio Lorenzo, Cal Poly
HM Caleb Smith App State

Curry has wins this year over two national qualifiers (Noto, McCormick). From the list above he has beaten Manchio, lost to Lorenzo in SV, and lost close matches to both of Lane's (quite good) backups. I think the Noto win (he is 32-1) outweighs his questionable losses and puts him in the field.

Then again, I'm coming at this from an EXTREMELY college basketball perspective. That may not be how the selection committee evaluates wrestlers, I don't really know.

Reactions: lucac and persp
Lane shouldn’t even be eligible since they put Seymour in the post season line up

Reactions: _DBHoops
It seems the only spot we'll be sweating is 125, I pulled this off Flo:

125: 8 ranked wrestlers did not qualify - 5 at-large bids are available.​

#17 Noah Surtin, Missouri
#18 Kysen Terukina, Iowa State
#23 Jaret Lane, Lehigh
#24 Gage Curry, Pittsburgh
HM Joe Manchio, Columbia
HM Tristan Lujan, Michigan State
HM Antonio Lorenzo, Cal Poly
HM Caleb Smith App State

Curry has wins this year over two national qualifiers (Noto, McCormick). From the list above he has beaten Manchio, lost to Lorenzo in SV, and lost close matches to both of Lane's (quite good) backups. I think the Noto win (he is 32-1) outweighs his questionable losses and puts him in the field.

Then again, I'm coming at this from an EXTREMELY college basketball perspective. That may not be how the selection committee evaluates wrestlers, I don't really know.
When do they announce whovmade it as at large selections?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT