ADVERTISEMENT

Addison portal update

This is the reality of the moment. Only a fool wouldn't take advantage of suddenly having a whole bunch of financial and life opportunities that weren't even possible 6 months ago. You don't like it, neither do I. But we're fans, Addison is 20 years old and one of the best college football players in the country. He's doing what he should be doing, as much as it sucks for the sport.

As I said, expect to see significant changes to all of this, and soon. Not soon enough to save Pitt from losing Addison, but maybe soon enough to prevent the next poach attempt on a Pitt player.
Why leave if Pitt matched though?

Why leave if Pitt matched though?
Who knows what the final money is and what Pitt actually matched. My guess is the Pitt match just drove up the price to the final bidder. And it sounds like maybe this turned into a bidding war with USC, Texas and Bama. Probably still going on.

All I know is it’s good to be Addison right now.

You know what’s funny. Read an article today where they referenced a mock NFL draft for next year…had the Steelers taking Addison with the 11th pick in the 1st round.

Now any mock draft for next year is completely meaningless. But you have to admit that is funny and would really be comical if it came to pass.

Why leave period? If he stays at Pitt he is guaranteed to catch at least 60 passes and at minumum 1200 yards and will def. be a 1st rounder. He already won a prestigious award that will lose some meaning with his departure. I would also be willing to bet that some NFL GM's would question his loyalty if he does transfer.
The only reason is money, and everyone knows it.

Why leave period? If he stays at Pitt he is guaranteed to catch at least 60 passes and at minumum 1200 yards and will def. be a 1st rounder. He already won a prestigious award that will lose some meaning with his departure. I would also be willing to bet that some NFL GM's would question his loyalty if he does transfer.
1. He's not guaranteed anything statistically at Pitt or anywhere else. We have a new QB, new OC and new playbook. He could also get hurt.

2. As for your comment about the NFL and loyalty concerns, RUFKM? Maybe in the 80s. Pro athletes have been the ultimate mercenaries for decades.

3. Of course the only reason he's leaving is money, and it's also the best reason.

I get that this sucks, really bad. But as I keep saying, don't blame Addison. He's just doing what anyone with a brain would be doing with the same opportunities. The NCAA and the institutions weren't prepared for this NIL/free transfer catastrophe that happened suddenly but has been an inevitably for many years, and that's on them.

why would an NFL GM care about loyalty as it relates to the NFL?

1. He's not guaranteed anything statistically at Pitt or anywhere else. We have a new QB, new OC and new playbook. He could also get hurt.

I think this is probably what made his decision easier. If you’re going to have to hit the reset button anyway, he probably figured, “why not get paid a ton to hit it, and I can pick a more advantageous situation.”

At this point I feel most on here are that creepy ex boyfriend stalking her social media to see who she is going to date next with a blind hope she will see the error in her ways and come back to us.

Reactions: UP_WarStreets21
Why doesn't Addison just go away already and get this over with. I'm tired of hearing about this nonsense.

Why doesn't Addison just go away already and get this over with. I'm tired of hearing about this nonsense.
Q score or whatever it is. Even bad publicity is good publicity, etc.

It’s gotta be a fantastic ego boost as well. Being a highly coveted sports recruit has to be probably a better feeling than ecstasy, opioids and crack at the same time.

It isn’t too surprising that more guys want to spend as much time as possible being wooed and thus have gone hog wild with all this transferring and flirting with portals, vs. the mundane after effect of committing (having to actually pretend to respect your coach and other teammates, diligently studying playbooks, working out and practicing day after day, and actually having to pay for your own meals, drinks, (and no longer getting set up with the hottest floozies each night etc.).

He or his posse almost certainly are on here as well, reading all of our “butthurt” posts (like this one!). Laughing at the angry ones, mocking the usual here preposterously ranting about “loyalty” and college sports should be about school and studies first, etc. of course those things are true, but
nothing could be more foreign to this generation of star athletes than those notions (to be fair that would have been the case anytime, except it wasn’t allowed until now).

The sooner he picks a school and commits, there will immediately be a new kid in town taking the attention and he’ll just be yet another great player on Bama, USC etc.

I don't wish anything too terrible upon him, but I do hope the first "chick" he mates with at his new school has a 6" surprise for him, and I am not talking about the other half of an Italian hoagie. And I hope he invests a handsome amount of his NIL money in a rampant ponzi scheme. And I hope he ends up with the Detroit Lions, as I've seen wet jugs machines throw a better ball than Jared Goff. Other than that, godspeed.

Do you know that as a fact or are you just WINGING it?
I am fully experienced. Spent half my life in Pittsburgh and plenty of visits to Buffalo. Last weekend I was in both Buffalo and Pittsburgh. The women in Buffalo look like rugby players and a little bit like weird Al. The women in Pittsburgh are closer to field hockey players and look like Rosie O’Donnell.

I don't wish anything too terrible upon him, but I do hope the first "chick" he mates with at his new school has a 6" surprise for him, and I am not talking about the other half of an Italian hoagie. And I hope he invests a handsome amount of his NIL money in a rampant ponzi scheme. And I hope he ends up with the Detroit Lions, as I've seen wet jugs machines throw a better ball than Jared Goff. Other than that, godspeed.
People of his generation are more open minded to the equipment any given chick (or chap) might be packing

At the Biletnikoff Award ceremony, he was "Hail to Pitt".

Roughly four months later, he's "the hell with Pitt".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT