ADVERTISEMENT

After all the dust settles ...

How many times has he played a 7’4, 340 pound 2 time national POY?

As I’ve said several times, I expect UCONN to win because they are the best team in the country and they have superior personnel. They have a great coach. They don’t have a weakness that I can see.

But all this talk that Clingan is Edey’s equal or better is horse$hit, as is the idea that Edey won’t be a major problem for any opponent, including UCONN. What’s going to kill Purdue is that Edey is the only problem they have to deal with. UCONN is superior at all other positions. They aren’t the consensus best team in the country by accident.

All true. I think Clingan's game is a lot more suited for the next level thogh.

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
How many times has he played a 7’4, 340 pound 2 time national POY?

As I’ve said several times, I expect UCONN to win because they are the best team in the country and they have superior personnel. They have a great coach. They don’t have a weakness that I can see.

But all this talk that Clingan is Edey’s equal or better is horse$hit, as is the idea that Edey won’t be a major problem for any opponent, including UCONN. What’s going to kill Purdue is that Edey is the only problem they have to deal with. UCONN is superior at all other positions. They aren’t the consensus best team in the country by accident.

Not sure where I said he was Edey's equal if you're responding to me.

However, I'm pretty confident he'll be a better pro than Edey in the future.

Not sure where I said he was Edey's equal if you're responding to me.

However, I'm pretty confident he'll be a better pro than Edey in the future.
Your comment that Clingan won’t have a problem staying clean guarding Edey due to his past history is what caught me. He hasn’t faced anyone like Edey, because there is nobody else like Edey.

That said, Clingan has a very smart coach, and that coach knows that Purdue wants to get Clingan in foul trouble guarding Edey. He will have a strategy to minimize the odds of that happening.

Clingan has more upside as a pro than Edey as well, no question about that. That also doesn’t have anything to do with how they match up in tomorrow’s college basketball national championship game where half court post offense is still a thing.

I just hope it’s a good one. When a game doesn’t involve teams I follow, I tend to root for two things: the underdog and a good game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT