ADVERTISEMENT

Allegheny County: new COVID hotspot?

Smh
Listen
Just stay home if you want to a be a selfish wank with no regard for others heath by wearing a mask
You must have missed the part where I said I wear a mask and think others should too.

It is your "so called experts" that profess it is next to useless.

238 positive tests yesterday, breaking its current record by double. Who's ready to pack Heinz for NFL and college games? Hopefully, that was anomaly. If not, we are headed toward a hotspot designation and everything that comes with that. The country closed all restaurants for 1 week (besides takeout) and really, we should be going back to the red phase. The thought of Pitt having students on campus in 7 weeks is laughable. Get ready to homeschool your kids again.
It almost seems like you are taking pleasure in all of this. Is it the government control aspect? The nanny state?

You mean except the dead ones whose death precipitated the violence?
You know, the ones denied their right to a trial by a jury of their peers and due process?

I can't speak for them, but I'd guess they'd settle for being treated equally by the government (not profiled and killed by police), at least for starters.

JMO, but I think it is a petty hill to plant the flag on, wearing masks, especially when we have so few weapons to fight this virus. All the rights in the world don't help anyone if they're dead!

Now I'm going out back and exercise my "right" to get in the pool, sans mask.
liberty_equality_fraternity.jpg

Don't resist arrest and your chances for a jury trial increases exponentially

Memorial Day was six weeks ago. The protests were four. Reports of declining numbers two weeks ago likely led to many thinking the virus was on its way out and the guard was dropped.
It's Fitzgerald 's fault.

Dan Bongino????

for crissakes they guy is literally trump’s butt plug.

You must lack reading comprehension skills. The article clearly says "On Friday’s “MSNBC Live,” Orange County, FL Mayor Jerry Demings (D) stated that the demonstrations over the past month are partially to blame for the recent increases in coronavirus cases that the area has seen. "

You must lack reading comprehension skills. The article clearly says "On Friday’s “MSNBC Live,” Orange County, FL Mayor Jerry Demings (D) stated that the demonstrations over the past month are partially to blame for the recent increases in coronavirus cases that the area has seen. "
Did you !
He stayed opening up and contact tracing was to unmasked bar customers
If this is your smoking gun- ya need to take a break .
Even breitbart is letting you down

LOL data . That so called study is a joke. There is no data, just a bunch of bullshit conjecture and estimates. Meanwhile:

Sunday on CBS’s “Face the Nation,” Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez acknowledged the waves of protests and civil unrest have something to do with the current COVID-19 flare-up going on around the country.
But the data doesn’t demonstrate it
You keep sticking with anecdote /
I’ll keep following the data

But the data doesn’t demonstrate it
You keep sticking with anecdote /
I’ll keep following the data

LOL, you will keep your head buried in your azz like you normally do. You have two mayors admitting the protests heled cause the recent spread of coronavirus - shoot pure logic tells you that - and yet you want to rely on some BS study which is not based on anything but conjecture. No actual measurements of cases in that study, no contract tracing, nothing.

LOL, you will keep your head buried in your azz like you normally do. You have two mayors admitting the protests heled cause the recent spread of coronavirus - shoot pure logic tells you that - and yet you want to rely on some BS study which is not based on anything but conjecture. No actual measurements of cases in that study, no contract tracing, nothing.
Speculating you mean - those mayors are speculating

we want Things open And normalized - right ?
Because it’s not a problem -
Ya can’t even keep your own nonsense straight .

if you have no problems with bars, restaurants, meat packing plants etc open -
Why the concern about protest ?

it couldn’t be some other reason , could it?

Show me where I said bars, restaurants, meat packing plants, etc should be open with zero precautions? I will wait. Because you are just making crap up now.

Look, anyone with any semblance of basic logic can understand that if you believe going to a bar or restaurant or in a crowd of 25 or more people can cause the virus to spread, then surely rioting and protesting in throngs of 1000 or more also spread the virus. Yet you want to absolve the rioters and protestors for their part in causing the virus to spread. Now why could that be?

Show me where I said bars, restaurants, meat packing plants, etc should be open with zero precautions? I will wait. Because you are just making crap up now.

Look, anyone with any semblance of basic logic can understand that if you believe going to a bar or restaurant or in a crowd of 25 or more people can cause the virus to spread, then surely rioting and protesting in throngs of 1000 or more also spread the virus. Yet you want to absolve the rioters and protestors for their part in causing the virus to spread. Now why could that be?
The protests were predominantly masked
Hence the distinction .
Masks work

Hence the distinction .
Masks work

And outside.

And the contract tracing hasn’t shown a large link. And cities like Philly and DC are going down and those protests were much larger. The evidence is clear despite what anyone “wants” to see.

I think the Pgh area is struggling with a bump partially because there was almost no immunity. Surely those other cities had knuckleheads crowding bars. But it impacted it here and in the south/southwest because they also didn’t have huge first waves

Hence the distinction .
Masks work

Bull. Some protestors like the Antifa thugs wore masks to try and escape detection from the police while plenty of others did not wear them

Again, you are not honest enough to admit that if you believe going to a bar or restaurant or in a crowd of 25 or more people can cause the virus to spread, then surely rioting and protesting in throngs of 1000 or more also spread the virus. Why is it you make excuses?

And outside.

Hmmm, better tell Gov Wolfie that outside events over 25 people are ok. Better tell him to let restaurants open up outside seating again because after all, it is outside just like the rioters. Too bad you are too late to tell all those municipalities who cancelled July 4 celebrations and fireworks because hey, they were outside

Bull. Some protestors like the Antifa thugs wore masks to try and escape detection from the police while plenty of others did not wear them

Again, you are not honest enough to admit that if you believe going to a bar or restaurant or in a crowd of 25 or more people can cause the virus to spread, then surely rioting and protesting in throngs of 1000 or more also spread the virus. Why is it you make excuses?

I’m pointing out that masks work
You can’t drink and eat with a mask on- get it to go .

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
Your mask protects others from you
Theirs protects you from them
This isn’t debatable
Masks are a start. As is social distancing, no? I mean, we all know the masks aren't completely protective of both you expelling potential virus droplets and potentially inhaling them. But...it is a start, a barrier and I always say never let "best" get in the way of better. So wearing masks, is an easy, sensible mode of protection, not just of you from others, but others from you. Plus again, as I have said, it also serves as a reminder of not letting our guard down and also perform other safe practices in tandem with masks, such as social distancing and washing hands, etc...

It's not that hard.

Reactions: PeetWeet1
No, you were making excuses for the rioters and protestors who helped spread the virus. Why is that?
Why is that? Why? Because his team is wearing the home dark jerseys today. That is what is amazing, people become completely rational and well reasoned and really the correct position...............then it is something against "their team" and they completely do any mental and logical gymnastics and ignore the obvious, the facts, the same region and logic that they just argued.

So going to a restaurant and bar, having to remove your mask to eat or drink, people maybe 5-10 feet away doing the same thing is a risk, and likely is aiding spreading the COVID. And this is a reasonable take.

100's to 1000's of people, masked or not, marching in 90 degree weather, every day, huddled together, they have to drink water, masks are removed, social distancing is blown out of the water for maybe 2-3-4 hours, chanting, yelling, bullhorns, readjusting your mask, maybe taking your mask down for a few moments because 90 degrees is 90 degrees......and this it not risky behavior nor is contributing to the spread.

I got beach front property in Greenland to sell. Oh...yeah, CNN reported that........lol.....yes, CNN has zero credibility anymore, it is completely agenda driven. In fact, they are endangering all of us, including the politicians who continue to allow these events to go on. Pandemic is a Pandemic, and if you are shutting things down...you shut them down.

May I suggest, drive through protests? People can wear masks, properly social distance, and drive cars up and down the street waving their BLM flags, 3-4 to a car. That is only fair, because that is what the rest of the public activities have to do.

Reactions: superstein61a
Why is that? Why? Because his team is wearing the home dark jerseys today. That is what is amazing, people become completely rational and well reasoned and really the correct position...............then it is something against "their team" and they completely do any mental and logical gymnastics and ignore the obvious, the facts, the same region and logic that they just argued.

So going to a restaurant and bar, having to remove your mask to eat or drink, people maybe 5-10 feet away doing the same thing is a risk, and likely is aiding spreading the COVID. And this is a reasonable take.

100's to 1000's of people, masked or not, marching in 90 degree weather, every day, huddled together, they have to drink water, masks are removed, social distancing is blown out of the water for maybe 2-3-4 hours, chanting, yelling, bullhorns, readjusting your mask, maybe taking your mask down for a few moments because 90 degrees is 90 degrees......and this it not risky behavior nor is contributing to the spread.

I got beach front property in Greenland to sell. Oh...yeah, CNN reported that........lol.....yes, CNN has zero credibility anymore, it is completely agenda driven. In fact, they are endangering all of us, including the politicians who continue to allow these events to go on. Pandemic is a Pandemic, and if you are shutting things down...you shut them down.

May I suggest, drive through protests? People can wear masks, properly social distance, and drive cars up and down the street waving their BLM flags, 3-4 to a car. That is only fair, because that is what the rest of the public activities have to do.
This isn't complicated, or important...what grouop is responsible for uptick, etc.?

The point is this is a respiratory virus that is spread when people get too close and pass it to others through coughing, sneezing, singing, chanting or whatever...

We're pretty sure outside is better than inside. BUT if you're too close and an infected person passes virus to you, you're going to get infected, period!

So blame the protestors, blame the bar patrons, blame the young, blame BLM...whatever floats your boat.

The overriding issue, however, is the virus is still out there, it is still looking to infect, and will infect when given the opportunity. Everyone needs to be smart and considerate, young, old, sick, healthy, R's and D's, black and white....it doesn't matter to the virus. It will accept any target of opportunity!

This isn't complicated, or important...what grouop is responsible for uptick, etc.?

The point is this is a respiratory virus that is spread when people get too close and pass it to others through coughing, sneezing, singing, chanting or whatever...

We're pretty sure outside is better than inside. BUT if you're too close and an infected person passes virus to you, you're going to get infected, period!

So blame the protestors, blame the bar patrons, blame the young, blame BLM...whatever floats your boat.

The overriding issue, however, is the virus is still out there, it is still looking to infect, and will infect when given the opportunity. Everyone needs to be smart and considerate, young, old, sick, healthy, R's and D's, black and white....it doesn't matter to the virus. It will accept any target of opportunity!
Exactly. But one group is getting a complete pass and not participating in social distancing on a mass level. (of course there are individual idiots at your Walmarts and places like Butler County :) but......there is one group of people constantly getting together and violating social distancing. And yes, most wear masks, but 90 some degrees, there are frequent water breaks, where do the bottles go? Masks are moved to drink, it is over 90 degrees, people sweat, I am sure the masks are removed to wipe sweat. My point here, it is not a healthy activity at this time and if we are shutting down group gatherings, that is a group gathering so it is time for the adults running Pittsburgh and Allegheny County to act like an adult. Don't you agree? Or are you going to deflect, because it sure seems like Democrats don't want to touch these marches with a 10 foot pole without fear of being called a racist or something.

Exactly. But one group is getting a complete pass and not participating in social distancing on a mass level. (of course there are individual idiots at your Walmarts and places like Butler County :) but......there is one group of people constantly getting together and violating social distancing. And yes, most wear masks, but 90 some degrees, there are frequent water breaks, where do the bottles go? Masks are moved to drink, it is over 90 degrees, people sweat, I am sure the masks are removed to wipe sweat. My point here, it is not a healthy activity at this time and if we are shutting down group gatherings, that is a group gathering so it is time for the adults running Pittsburgh and Allegheny County to act like an adult. Don't you agree? Or are you going to deflect, because it sure seems like Democrats don't want to touch these marches with a 10 foot pole without fear of being called a racist or something.
Seems to me, the "mass marches" are petering out on their own. They've made their point and 75% of the country is in favor of social justice.
When I see large gatherings of any sort during this surge of infections I personally cringe and shake my head.

But, outside is better. Social distancing is good. Wearing masks helps. If you get sick, stay away from others, if you get really sick, go to the hospital.
It's pretty much all we got right now.

From a practical standpoint, you can no more shut down marches/protests any more than you can force hoopies to wear masks.
You can educate, preach, lead by example...but you cannot coerce individual behavior like this.
With all the contradictory narratives and camps aligned over this, good luck.

I have scoffed at the concept of herd immunity because it would require 80% of the U.S. population to get infected and would result in over 2 and a half million deaths with a 1% fatality rate. A horrific and unacceptable outcome. And that's assuming that there is no reinfection after recovery.

After watching this pandemic proceed, and the political insanity associated with it, that may be our only way out of this without an effective vaccine. God help us all!

Seems to me, the "mass marches" are petering out on their own. They've made their point and 75% of the country is in favor of social justice.
When I see large gatherings of any sort during this surge of infections I personally cringe and shake my head.

But, outside is better. Social distancing is good. Wearing masks helps. If you get sick, stay away from others, if you get really sick, go to the hospital.

From a practical standpoint, you can no more shut down marches/protests any more than you can force hoopies to wear masks.
You can educate, preach, lead by example...but you cannot coerce individual behavior like this.
With all the contradictory narratives and camps aligned over this, good luck.

I have scoffed at the concept of herd immunity because it would require 80% of the U.S. population to get infected and would result in over 2 and a half million deaths with a 1% fatality rate. A horrific and unacceptable outcome. And that's assuming that there is no reinfection after recovery.

After watching this pandemic proceed, and the political insanity associated with it, that may be our only way out of this without an effective vaccine. God help us all!
Yeah....I mean I am not defending our fearless leader and the attitude and example he has set forth in personal responsibility.

Man, what a choice we have. I guess I know what the Roman Empire was like at the end. We got the dullard in the WH continuing to act like a childish jackass and the dullard hiding in a basement who refuse to take control of his party and their reaction to an unfortunate situation.

I was completely sold on going against Trump, but this last 6 weeks and how the Dems refuse to take control of their people, scares the hell out of me. I wish someone would make a late run as a real 3rd party at least to start sending a message to "centralize" these politics.

Of course it is. I don't think many of us, or at least me, are arguing this point. But those arguing that the protests had no impact have an agenda, or are simply fools. Any sane person knows this.

Instead of admitting they are likely contributing to the increase, along with everything else going on when states open back up, we get credit card usage data as evidence to the contrary. One of the dumbest things I've ever seen propagated in the media and lapped up by the public.

Yeah....I mean I am not defending our fearless leader and the attitude and example he has set forth in personal responsibility.

Man, what a choice we have. I guess I know what the Roman Empire was like at the end. We got the dullard in the WH continuing to act like a childish jackass and the dullard hiding in a basement who refuse to take control of his party and their reaction to an unfortunate situation.

I was completely sold on going against Trump, but this last 6 weeks and how the Dems refuse to take control of their people, scares the hell out of me. I wish someone would make a late run as a real 3rd party at least to start sending a message to "centralize" these politics.
Who the heck are the people who the Dems should take control of?

Reactions: FreeportPanther
It almost seems like you are taking pleasure in all of this. Is it the government control aspect? The nanny state?

Exactly the opposite. I'm p***** at Wolf for opening too early. P***** at the lack of federal response and leadership. P***** we are going to have to homeschool again and p***** that this college football season will be an absolute disaster with players missing games by the dozens. I just want my life back or at least to be like Europe.

The studies are bunk because in many areas they refuse to even ask if they were at a protest.

Bars should be take out only. Anyone with a brain knows that the virus is going to spread like mad, can't wear mask indoors people yelling= no good.
Restaurants take out and I am on the fence with 50 percent capacity.
Meat packing well it might be prime spreading areas but we need to eat!
Barbers sure both parties wear a mask preferably the barber could wear a n95 one.
Movie theaters, bowling alleys and such probably should stay closed. Everything else should be open it could be a while before a vaccine. Sounds like there will be some effective treatments before to long but vaccine won't be ready and available until early summer of 2021

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT