ADVERTISEMENT

Anderson and Young both playing in Bama

Keep in mind: This doesn't mean they'll play the whole game. They very well may, but they might also gets the Pitt vs Northwestern treatment.

Keep in mind: This doesn't mean they'll play the whole game. They very well may, but they might also gets the Pitt vs Northwestern treatment.
Exactly. Will they play? Or participate (in other words make an appearance)?

Have seen some big names play a series or 2 in bowl games, like happens in some NFL exhibition games. Just have to wait and see.

I DESPISE bowl games. Any way to hurt the bowl system, I am all for.
You want bowl games gone, you want college football ruined and you want high school seniors to opt out so high school football is ruined.

Anything else that you want destroyed? Youth football has to be on your hit list, right?

You want bowl games gone, you want college football ruined and you want high school seniors to opt out so high school football is ruined.

Anything else that you want destroyed? Youth football has to be on your hit list, right?

Yes, youth football is absolutely on the list. Its really really stupid for kids to play tackle football. Should be flag until middle school.

And yes, I want bowl games gone. All players to opt out. I want players to opt out of college football whenever they are assured of a high draft pick (like full season or mid season) and high school players to opt out whenever they are guaranteed of a large pay for play NIL deal. College football is a cesspool and I wish nothing but the worst for it.

• Wow
Reactions: jctrack
Yes, youth football is absolutely on the list. Its really really stupid for kids to play tackle football. Should be flag until middle school.

And yes, I want bowl games gone. All players to opt out. I want players to opt out of college football whenever they are assured of a high draft pick (like full season or mid season) and high school players to opt out whenever they are guaranteed of a large pay for play NIL deal. College football is a cesspool and I wish nothing but the worst for it.
Hey, go play kickball. Why would someone be so miserable??

• Love
Reactions: FireballZ
I do love the unintentional irony of fans calling players selfish for not doing what they want them to do.....

Reactions: pittdan77
Hey, go play kickball. Why would someone be so miserable??

If this is in reference to my youth football idea, I am correct. No one should play tackle football before middle school. Football is a size/athleticsm sport. Its not a skill sport. There is no advantage gained from playing offensive line or running back as an 8 year old. If you are the best athlete in the school, you will be a good RB or QB when you are in middle school. If you are a fatass and cant play any other sport, you will be a good offensive lineman when you are in middle school.

Flag football until middle school would drastically improve participation rates. Kids who didnt want to or parents wouldnt let play tackle football when they are 5, would play and perhaps like it enough to continue playing when it moves to tackle in middle school. Kindergarten kids and 1st graders shouldn't be padded up and tackling each other. Its 100% unnecessary and ONLY for the former HS player dads

If this is in reference to my youth football idea, I am correct. No one should play tackle football before middle school. Football is a size/athleticsm sport. Its not a skill sport. There is no advantage gained from playing offensive line or running back as an 8 year old. If you are the best athlete in the school, you will be a good RB or QB when you are in middle school. If you are a fatass and cant play any other sport, you will be a good offensive lineman when you are in middle school.

Flag football until middle school would drastically improve participation rates. Kids who didnt want to or parents wouldnt let play tackle football when they are 5, would play and perhaps like it enough to continue playing when it moves to tackle in middle school. Kindergarten kids and 1st graders shouldn't be padded up and tackling each other. Its 100% unnecessary and ONLY for the former HS player dads
Its not a skill sport

Jesus dude you are something. You know nothing of what you speak.

Its not a skill sport

Jesus dude you are something. You know nothing of what you speak.

Yea. Size and athleticism. That's it. If you are an elite athlete and have the right size, you can start playing football at 17 and go D1 and the NFL. This has been done countless times. With the exception of the QB position, there are no football-related skills that need built. Its all size and athleticsm. Everything else you can learn.

Yea. Size and athleticism. That's it. If you are an elite athlete and have the right size, you can start playing football at 17 and go D1 and the NFL. This has been done countless times. With the exception of the QB position, there are no football-related skills that need built. Its all size and athleticsm. Everything else you can learn.
you should talk to PITT about opening up shop in Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, etc.. I'm sure it would change the tides in recruiting..

you should talk to PITT about opening up shop in Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, etc.. I'm sure it would change the tides in recruiting..

I thought about that. Like having the ACC or something do a combine in West Africa. No football drills. Just speed/athleticism type combine drills. Surely there are D1 football athletes in those countries. Heck, Pitt got one, sort of. Jester Weah is from Liberia and didn't play HS until his senior year of HS and made the NFL. His cousin Tim is on the USMNT. As I said, its NOT a skill sport. If you possess the right mix of speed, size, athleticsm, and work ethic, you can start playing at 17 and make the NFL. Other sports require certain skills (hockey, soccer, baseball, basketball, tennis, etc). The only * is basketball for big guys. If you are really big and athletic, you don't really need to play organized basketball until late.

Yeah, so far only ten of them have entered the portal and opted out.

But other than those guys, none of them did.

Literally, thus far, not a single Alabama player has opted out of the Sugar bowl. Saying otherwise is just untrue.

If you are really saying third teamers transferring out is quitting, then youre just being weird. They had one partial starter transfer to Miami, an OL guy.

Last edited:
As I said, its NOT a skill sport.

How many guys have transitioned to the NFL from Europe? We had the World League, NFL Europe, and there have been dozens of other pro teams that weren't affiliated with those leagues that are still in existence today. Maybe there have been some guys that did transition and got pro deals and did something, but I'm not aware.

I will tell you flat out that playing the OL in the modern game is absolutely a skilled position. It's not uncommon for coaches to call the OL the MOST skilled position in football.

How many guys have transitioned to the NFL from Europe? We had the World League, NFL Europe, and there have been dozens of other pro teams that weren't affiliated with those leagues that are still in existence today. Maybe there have been some guys that did transition and got pro deals and did something, but I'm not aware.

I will tell you flat out that playing the OL in the modern game is absolutely a skilled position. It's not uncommon for coaches to call the OL the MOST skilled position in football.
It's absolutely a skilled sport. There is a reason why pure track athletes aren't stars at wide receiver. A guy like Antonio Brown skillset was unmatched when he was in the league. Great point about the offensive line as well. All of the talk why it's tough to find linemen now is they aren't taught well. If it was purely about size and strength everyone would be good. All the great pass rushers have excellent moves. You could go on and on about each position.

Reactions: steelcurtain55.
Literally, thus far, not a single Alabama player has opted out of the Sugar bowl. Saying otherwise is just untrue.

If you are really saying third teamers transferring out is quitting, then youre just being weird. They had one partial starter transfer to Miami, an OL guy.

Wait a second, do you think that there is a difference between someone "opting out" or someone entering the portal and not playing? So what Keydon Slovis did, not playing because he entered the portal to transfer, is OK, but if he wasn't playing because he declared for the draft that that would be an offense to mankind?

What is literally true is that since the end of the season TEN guys who could be playing for Alabama in their bowl game have opted not to play. The reason makes no difference what so ever. They could be playing. They are not. If they aren't because they are transferring somewhere else or transferring to the NFL they still could be playing and they are not. They have, in point of fact, opted to not play in the game.

The only way what I said was untrue is if your definition of "untrue" is "well it's true but I wish it wasn't."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT