ADVERTISEMENT

Another NFL fan death

no, he was fighting with a dolphins fan thru whole game, they finally got into it, got punched twice and didnt get up..
Right but he didn't get "beat to death". Also, they're now saying the dude may have died from a prior medical condition. Who know? Bottom line, don't engage in stupidity and you probably only lose a little pride, if that.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
Right but he didn't get "beat to death". Also, they're now saying the dude may have died from a prior medical condition. Who know? Bottom line, don't engage in stupidity and you probably only lose a little pride, if that.
i agree, you usually dont die from getting punched in a fight. safe to say there were underlaying conditions.

i feel a tad bad for the family and all. i wish i could say i was never drunk and obnoxious and got into a tussle at a football game but that would be a lie..

but at some point in your life you just got to let it go. 20 year old, drinking all day in a student section, ok fine but these are middle aged men fighting because the other guy likes his team from the city he was born in..

i agree, you usually dont die from getting punched in a fight. safe to say there were underlaying conditions.

i feel a tad bad for the family and all. i wish i could say i was never drunk and obnoxious and got into a tussle at a football game but that would be a lie..

but at some point in your life you just got to let it go. 20 year old, drinking all day in a student section, ok fine but these are middle aged men fighting because the other guy likes his team from the city he was born in..
I worked in Beaver Stadium for quite a few years. My job had nothing to do with misbehaving fans but I was often asked to intervene since I was involved in other aspects of security. These fights always start with someone running their mouth and being vulgar, and someone asking politely to settle down.

Dude was beaten to death at the Patriots/Dolphins game. The NFL has to do something about the alcohol consumption at its games. Its an American problem and not just solely an NFL problem. I came across a Man U/Arsenal fan brawl and I thought "wow, that's weird, they dont have those anymore in England since putting alcohol laws in place" and low and behold it was a friendly in New Jersey and they were Americans brawling.

NFL games are getting pretty dangerous to attend. You can spend hours on YouTube watching all the fan fights.
“Beaten to death”? Are you sure that is the correct description?

Dude was beaten to death at the Patriots/Dolphins game. The NFL has to do something about the alcohol consumption at its games. Its an American problem and not just solely an NFL problem. I came across a Man U/Arsenal fan brawl and I thought "wow, that's weird, they dont have those anymore in England since putting alcohol laws in place" and low and behold it was a friendly in New Jersey and they were Americans brawling.

NFL games are getting pretty dangerous to attend. You can spend hours on YouTube watching all the fan fights.
But if I go to a game, I don't want to be prevented from drinking, no matter what happens or happened. I've been to over 70 Steelers games and 3-4 other NFL games, I've only seen a handful of fights close up. So no, I don't want to restrict beer at games. I don't want the solution to fights to be that people like me that can drink a dozen beers and never get into a fight being punished to prevent others from doing it.

Alcohol should absolutely be banned as it is a drug. Now, I am fine with it being legal as long as all drugs are legal. If beer is legal, crack and heroin should be as well.
This is F'ing STUPID, you can't compare beer to that stuff, not even close to the same thing. :)

Which is why they should ban tailgating.
You're out of your F'ing mind! If there's no tailgating there's no reason to ever go to any game in person, it's way better on TV, the only reason I go to some games in person is for THE HUGE PARTY that goes with in person attendance.

They can drink in bars before the game like they do in Europe. But you cant get pass-out drunk at a bar like you can in a parking lot.
That ruins the whole experience, I hate going to a bar before a game, way too crowded and too hard to get a beer! I don't want my day ruined just because a few people get drunk and fight.

Exactly, like when cities and states have these 'safe' places to shoot up or smoke crack and pay people to be there to revive them if they OD, as if it would be a loss to society if they aren't revived :)
I haven't seen for myself yet, but I will report back in about 2 weeks when I return from Portland.
My son went to a conference in Portland a few months ago, and he told me the downtown area is a mess for drug legalisation. Open IV drug use, urine and feces everywhere, passed out addicts.
He told me to avoid downtown and head to the outlying areas for restaurants.
He warned me that a lot of conference attendees at the conference hotel had their rooms broken into and their laptops and devices stolen.
But maybe I can start a fight club down there and post the videos here for everyone's enjoyment.

• Haha
Reactions: Pitt79
Tailgating is a thousand percent better than struggling through the hassle of bars before a game
This is exactly it; all these bars are so packed you can't walk 10 feet in a minute! Then when you get to the bar you have to wait for the 20 people ahead of you to get served first! Of course, nobody will get drunk and fight! I'd rather get drunk with ease at my tailgate even if it causes other people to fight.

This is exactly it; all these bars are so packed you can't walk 10 feet in a minute! Then when you get to the bar you have to wait for the 20 people ahead of you to get served first! Of course, nobody will get drunk and fight! I'd rather get drunk with ease at my tailgate even if it causes other people to fight.

Well that's kinda the point. Most fans wont want to crowd into bars. If they cant get pass-out drunk like a Kenny Chesney concert, they wont go and someone else will. There are plenty of NFL fans out there who will buy a ticket even if it meant they cant drink in the parking lots before the game. These people are just getting too drunk and its not safe.

• Haha
Well that's kinda the point. Most fans wont want to crowd into bars. If they cant get pass-out drunk like a Kenny Chesney concert, they wont go and someone else will. There are plenty of NFL fans out there who will buy a ticket even if it meant they cant drink in the parking lots before the game. These people are just getting too drunk and its not safe.
So make it so miserable that people won’t want to go. Great plan.

I don’t go to football games to get drunk and act a fool.

One thing I realized (for NFL games) is fans use their “disposable” income to go to the games in place of a real vacation. They would prefer to get sloppy in a parking lot and go to a NFL game instead of going to the shore or over seas. It’s their choice how to spend their money, but I find it sad.

Football is great enough to enjoy sober. There are people who will go who dont need to get plastered before-hand.
on tv, sure. you have to drag my ass to the north side, park, deal with all you clowns, waiting in 45 minute lines for a cold hot dog and stale pretzels, im going to get some drinks in me first.

if not, like a million people on here said before, im just going to sit at home and watch it on a 60" flat screen tv in a 10k time more enjoyable environment.

on tv, sure. you have to drag my ass to the north side, park, deal with all you clowns, waiting in 45 minute lines for a cold hot dog and stale pretzels, im going to get some drinks in me first.

if not, like a million people on here said before, im just going to sit at home and watch it on a 60" flat screen tv in a 10k time more enjoyable environment.

Let me ask you this, if the Steelers banned tailgating and only allowed alcohol consumption in the concourse, how many season tickets do they sell?

Let me ask you this, if the Steelers banned tailgating and only allowed alcohol consumption in the concourse, how many season tickets do they sell?
less than they do now. but decades of success has built a long wait list and the steeler brand is strong here so they'd be ok for awhile..

hey, out of curiousity, any thoughts on kenny chesney concerts today or driving in the south hills, specifically bethel park?

We need tailgating. This is the one opportunity for working class men to get away from their wives and families for a few hours and hang out with friends like they did in high school and college without a care in the world and get s***faced.

I’ve seen more fights in bars than in tailgates. Scores more in fact. I’ve nearly BEEN in a few. The crowding and the jostling to try to get served, to get to a restroom, trying to get one of the few tables etc actively contribute to the fights.

Tailgating is the polar opposite, plenty of room to stroll and mingle and toss a ball and play cornhole. You can play your own music playlists (you can’t even hear yourself think let alone carry on conversations on the bars). It’s relaxing. It is not conducive to fighting.

I’ve never seen a fight at any of my tailgates or those around me. In nearly 35 years of doing it. However, we didn’t tailgate this year so far, and I was in Bar Luis or whatever it’s called before the Cincy game, and a pushing match broke around behind us.

So don’t argue that point, it’s BS. Bars are the source of more fights and even shootings than any tailgate ever has or will be.

We all know, at the core, it’s about the money; the team owners want to sell concessions, the bar owners want the revenue for $8 beers and $19 mozzarella sticks, and the city wants the tax revenue from all those drinks, food and concessions that tailgaters “steal” From them.

Understandable to want to gouge people for all this, one thing that “greedy” big business and “altruistic” government have in common is to see something the common man enjoys for free and gouging his wallet to do it (or replace it). I see the economics of why too. It’s the way of the world. But forcing people into nasty crowded watery-drink and stale dull dry food bars in place of tailgates sucks. It’s worse.

Last edited:
less than they do now. but decades of success has built a long wait list and the steeler brand is strong here so they'd be ok for awhile..

hey, out of curiousity, any thoughts on kenny chesney concerts today or driving in the south hills, specifically bethel park?

Would they sell out of season tickets? Yes or no?

Also, glad you asked about the other things. I think people are just getting too drunk in public for these events. Country Music concerts and NFL games are getting out of hand. I watched a video of the woman who the Romper Stomper assaulted and she admits she cant even remember much of what happened that night because she was too drunk. Why go then if you don't have the memories? If you like Morgan Wallen that much, can you not enjoy his music without being pass-out drunk? As Chris Rock famously once said about drinking, "some of you in the audience tonight wont even make it home" due to alcohol.

And my God, Bethel Park, dont even get me started. Someone needs to file eminent domain and tear down a bunch of those houses and put a freeway through that town. That is the worst planned town in the US. I had to be at a youth sporting event a few weeks ago and it takes basically forever to get through that town. Great new school though and they HS bball gym is awesome. Looks like a lower D1 arena. A big complaint of mine though is they have not one but 2 practice football fields in addition to their stadium. Would it have killed them to make one of those practice football fields, a soccer field? Playing soccer with football lines sucks. Im not saying you cant practice football on the practice soccer field, but just line it for soccer and dont do the football lines on it. Seems stupid to have 3 lined football fields on that campus. They arent even good at the sport.

Also, glad you asked about the other things. I think people are just getting too drunk in public for these events. Country Music concerts and NFL games are getting out of hand. I watched a video of the woman who the Romper Stomper assaulted and she admits she cant even remember much of what happened that night because she was too drunk. Why go then if you don't have the memories? If you like Morgan Wallen that much, can you not enjoy his music without being pass-out drunk? As Chris Rock famously once said about drinking, "some of you in the audience tonight wont even make it home" due to alcohol.

And my God, Bethel Park, dont even get me started. Someone needs to file eminent domain and tear down a bunch of those houses and put a freeway through that town. That is the worst planned town in the US. I had to be at a youth sporting event a few weeks ago and it takes basically forever to get through that town. Great new school though and they HS bball gym is awesome. Looks like a lower D1 arena. A big complaint of mine though is they have not one but 2 practice football fields in addition to their stadium. Would it have killed them to make one of those practice football fields, a soccer field? Playing soccer with football lines sucks. Im not saying you cant practice football on the practice soccer field, but just line it for soccer and dont do the football lines on it. Seems stupid to have 3 lined football fields on that campus. They arent even good at the sport.
yes, tear down homes and residential streets for a highway. im sure all the bethel park residents will grab their pitchforks and march to get this done. sounds awesome, what suburb doesnt want less homes, less residential streets for a main highway..

yes, tear down homes and residential streets for a highway. im sure all the bethel park residents will grab their pitchforks and march to get this done. sounds awesome, what suburb doesnt want less homes, less residential streets for a main highway..

The congestion is top much. Its like whenever they built that town they said "how can we mimic a crowded Pittsburgh neighborhood right here in the South Hills. Lets build a Brookline right here." The town is so poorly planned. Entirely too many homes, apartment buildings, and people in a small space. Look at it on Google Earth. Looks like a city neighborhood.

The congestion is top much. Its like whenever they built that town they said "how can we mimic a crowded Pittsburgh neighborhood right here in the South Hills. Lets build a Brookline right here." The town is so poorly planned. Entirely too many homes, apartment buildings, and people in a small space. Look at it on Google Earth. Looks like a city neighborhood.
keep up the fight man, it's def something you should post about every day on here, keep us all updated

I totally disagree, tailgating is the actual attraction, NOT THE GAME, if all you're doing is watching the game, why drive into heavy downtown traffic and get herded into a large crowd, spend a few hundred dollars, to not have a good view of the game after waiting in long lines to get to your seat totally sober? I can see the game perfectly with the best angles, replays, etc. with my fridge 10 steps away, I can tailgate on my deck, BBQ all the stuff I want-and all that is a fraction of the cost, $10 six pack, instead of $10 one beer, if it's just about seeing the game, going to the game is stupid. Less people will go, less money will be spent, if you take away THE PARTY.

Why can’t people go to a Chris Rock show and not drink?

Exactly, if I'm making the effort and spending the money, and putting up with the extreme hassle of getting there, it better be for more than just getting a way worse view of the game than I get at home, if tailgating was banned, I'd never go to a game in person again, I've had a lot of good tailgates before seeing the game on my 60 inch TV out on my deck.

Less. a lot of the season ticket holders I know make it a big ritual, they are there 4-5 hours early with elaborate spreads of food and cooking and drinks, and I'm talking both Steelers and Pitt, they live for that pregame more than the actual game.

I totally disagree, tailgating is the actual attraction, NOT THE GAME, if all you're doing is watching the game, why drive into heavy downtown traffic and get herded into a large crowd, spend a few hundred dollars, to not have a good view of the game after waiting in long lines to get to your seat totally sober? I can see the game perfectly with the best angles, replays, etc. with my fridge 10 steps away, I can tailgate on my deck, BBQ all the stuff I want-and all that is a fraction of the cost, $10 six pack, instead of $10 one beer, if it's just about seeing the game, going to the game is stupid. Less people will go, less money will be spent, if you take away THE PARTY.
Particularly when the team stinks, like Pitt and the Steelers this season. No other reason to go but the tailgating. If I wanted crappy overpriced drinks and mediocre food with TVs on showing all the superior teams playing better than mine, I could go to Applebees

less demand and loss of tens of millions of dollars of revenue from the beer companies. all because Middle aged beer muscle guy cant take a punch...

a great business plan..

So to be clear, you and Pitt79 are saying that the Steelers would not sell out of season tickets next year if they banned tailgating?

There are enough NFL fans in this country who would want to attend games without the need to tailgate. You may not think so but you wouldn't see half empty stadiums just because people couldn't tailgate. How do Pens or Lakers or Celtics or Cavs fans attend games without tailgating? People like sports. Trust me.

People are going to do drugs. People are going to drink alcohol. Whether legal or not. Legalizing drugs eliminates drug gang murders.

Also, go to the site of the next drunk driving crash that kills a family and then I'll go to Kensington.
uh, people will do significantly more drugs post legalization. You left that part out....In the case of pot 20% more usage via newbies..I would probably smoke some then but I won't go to some dealer now.....think about what a 10% increase after legal heroin will do to society....probably take out of helluva lot more people than some useless gang bangers..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT