ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone want to adopt a Premier League Club?

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Leeds United might be a worthwhile pick to adopt. I didn’t realize that the 49ers owners already own 45% of the club, and are looking to outright buy the club.

USA’s Jesse Marsch is the new and current Manager and it’s believed that the players LOVE him.

USMNT’s Brendan Aaronson is likely headed there this summer, and now there are rumors that they are going to try and pry USMNT’s Sergiño Dest away from Barcelona.

at first the cranky English were calling Marsch Ted Lasso, but he’s quickly winning everyone over, especially the locker room. The English media and fans might lose their shit if the club makes all these additional American changes. One more reason to root for Leeds if this all happens.

plus I like their blue and yellow color scheme, which is one reason I was drawn to Chelsea years ago.

Leeds United might be a worthwhile pick to adopt. I didn’t realize that the 49ers owners already own 45% of the club, and are looking to outright buy the club.

USA’s Jesse Marsch is the new and current Manager and it’s believed that the players LOVE him.

USMNT’s Brendan Aaronson is likely headed there this summer, and now there are rumors that they are going to try and pry USMNT’s Sergiño Dest away from Barcelona.

at first the cranky English were calling Marsch Ted Lasso, but he’s quickly winning everyone over, especially the locker room. The English media and fans might lose their shit if the club makes all these additional American changes. One more reason to root for Leeds if this all happens.

plus I like their blue and yellow color scheme, which is one reason I was drawn to Chelsea years ago.
Well, if the English hate them, that might just win me over, :)

Plus, "The Who: Live at Leeds" was a great album.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt

Does anyone own an EPL club besides Americans, Saudis, or Russians?

Does anyone own an EPL club besides Americans, Saudis, or Russians?
Off the top of my head, of the 20 teams currently:

8 American when the robbery of the chelsea sale goes through and Leeds goes through

1 with Russian ties (Everton has ties to Iran/Russia, England and Monaco)

1 Thai

1 China

7 England
2 Saudi

UP the Fulham! @Fk_Pitt , my lads are coming for your Blues! London is the king of professional soccer worldwide.

EPL in London:
Arsenal
Brentford
Chelsea
Crystal Palace
Fulham
Tottenham
West Ham

UP the Fulham! @Fk_Pitt , my lads are coming for your Blues! London is the king of professional soccer worldwide.

EPL in London:
Arsenal
Brentford
Chelsea
Crystal Palace
Fulham
Tottenham
West Ham
Fulham…another American owned club.

did you enjoy Ruben Loftus Cheek scoring that winner for Chelsea on Sunday? ;).

Fulham…another American owned club.

did you enjoy Ruben Loftus Cheek scoring that winner for Chelsea on Sunday? ;).
You rascal!

I enjoy nothing that guy does. The worst loan ever ever ever. Lazy as the day is long and with the aura that he is too good for certain clubs.

You rascal!

I enjoy nothing that guy does. The worst loan ever ever ever. Lazy as the day is long and with the aura that he is too good for certain clubs.
Read today that Roma, Everton, Palace and one other (maybe West Ham) are sniffing around. But Tuchel seems to like him. I think there’s a good chance he stays. Btw…

Reactions: anon_4dfwm2pijbr0a
Read today that Roma, Everton, Palace and one other (maybe West Ham) are sniffing around. But Tuchel seems to like him. I think there’s a good chance he stays. Btw…

Everton might not even be in the PL next year. I think it might be wise to try Italy, Ole Tammy Abraham is loving it there.

I still think Puli should roll out.

There was a pitch invasion when the game ended at the Cottage, it was ala us Yanks storming the field. Very happy moment this afternoon for me. I think the 3rd time is the charm and we'll get it right this summer with good signings. I'm really hoping they grab up Alphonse Areola except on a permanent. He's the best GK we've had since the days of Mark Schwarzer. His command in the box was superb.

Reactions: USN_Panther
Everton might not even be in the PL next year. I think it might be wise to try Italy, Ole Tammy Abraham is loving it there.

I still think Puli should roll out.

There was a pitch invasion when the game ended at the Cottage, it was ala us Yanks storming the field. Very happy moment this afternoon for me. I think the 3rd time is the charm and we'll get it right this summer with good signings. I'm really hoping they grab up Alphonse Areola except on a permanent. He's the best GK we've had since the days of Mark Schwarzer. His command in the box was superb.
Leeds is in danger of relegation too. Everton had a huge win today. And Burnley is hot and tied with Leeds and just ahead of Everton. The promotion/relegation angle makes following this much more interesting.

Leeds is in danger of relegation too. Everton had a huge win today. And Burnley is hot and tied with Leeds and just ahead of Everton. The promotion/relegation angle makes following this much more interesting.
Leeds has a tougher schedule in the run in too.

Leeds has a tougher schedule in the run in too.
They sure do. Their easiest game is home to Chelsea ;)

If Jesse Marsch can keep them up, what an accomplishment. I'd love to see it because of how much grief the English press have given him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was so glad to see the saturday 10am match Burnley-Watford. Some of the best matchups at the end of the season aren't Liverpool-ManCity it's the 17 vs 18 clubs.

As much as it pains me to say this, Come on you Bee's! Get 3 versus that tinpot club ManU. Any years in which ManU is out of all Euro competition is a good year in my books.

You rascal!

he did well on loan at CP. then he tore his ACL and he's not been the same player at all. I can't believe tuechel plays him. he really was terrible on loan at Fulham.

re: leeds - I'm still in the dark why they're referred to as, "dirty leeds." even English people don't know. it's just always been from what they tell me. apparently, they played pretty dirty back in the day. and I think it was a pretty industrial city back at one point.

probably a little classism as well as Yorkshire is known as sort of West Virginia type of area of the country.

he did well on loan at CP. then he tore his ACL and he's not been the same player at all. I can't believe tuechel plays him. he really was terrible on loan at Fulham.

re: leeds - I'm still in the dark why they're referred to as, "dirty leeds." even English people don't know. it's just always been from what they tell me. apparently, they played pretty dirty back in the day. and I think it was a pretty industrial city back at one point.

probably a little classism as well as Yorkshire is known as sort of West Virginia type of area of the country.
Just you thoughts on Leeds, rep for being dirty and very physical back in the day with the classism of London thinking Leeds was full of dirty people.

Regarding RLC, he carried himself terrible at Fulham. You could tell he had talent he was just lazy. Definitely a poor man's Paul Pogba with Pogba's full time work ethic.

I love Yorkshire. The town of York is one of the coolest little towns in England. It’s crooked streets and structures are what inspired Harry Potters Diagnon Alley. I was there in December and watched Leeds get thrashed by Man City from a crooked pub where the hometown supporters were obnoxious as hell.

Reactions: pitt90seven
Just you thoughts on Leeds, rep for being dirty and very physical back in the day with the classism of London thinking Leeds was full of dirty people.

Regarding RLC, he carried himself terrible at Fulham. You could tell he had talent he was just lazy. Definitely a poor man's Paul Pogba with Pogba's full time work ethic.
Before the Achilles injury in the Boston friendly, I was really starting to take a liking to RLC. His speed and strength driving forward with the ball in space is something to behold. I think he might be best used playing from deeper positions like the 6 or maybe as a wingback. I’ve seen the guy played in every position-from a #9 to a CB and everywhere else in between. I will be curious to see how is career progresses under Tuchel in the next 12 months.

I will say this, it was RLC and Kante and a split second inability, miscommunication, or lack of effort to step to one ball in the midfield that led to Modric’s incredible assist 3 seconds later in that match vs Madrid. If that doesn’t happen, Chelsea are through to the semifinal of the CL. It was one of those balls where two players looked at each other expecting the other to play it. And Madrid played it instead and wins the game. It was either due to lack of chemistry because RLC hasn’t played much…or lack of effort because it was RLC.

Reactions: anon_4dfwm2pijbr0a
As much as it pains me to say this, Come on you Bee's! Get 3 versus that tinpot club ManU. Any years in which ManU is out of all Euro competition is a good year in my books.
Nah. Let them play in the Confederations League or whatever it’s called. Make them play on Thursday’s in some meaningless C-level competition vs clubs no one has heard of. That said, looks like they will be Europa bound.

Nah. Let them play in the Confederations League or whatever it’s called. Make them play on Thursday’s in some meaningless C-level competition vs clubs no one has heard of. That said, looks like they will be Europa bound.
Well the thought of them getting into the UEFA Europa Conference League is pretty amusing. So that's a new tourney. It's the 3rd tier behind UCL and Europa League. Watching them get back to back drawing against a team in Azerbaijan and Moldova would be great.

Their fans are insufferable. They act like they're still a football superpower but they're tinpot and a big club in finances only. They were only involved in that stupid breakaway crap super league because of $$$ and nothing else. Surely not their play.

And I just laugh at situations like Jadon Sancho. Unless motivation #1-#100 was $$$ then he has to regret his decision to sign there.

Well the thought of them getting into the UEFA Europa Conference League is pretty amusing. So that's a new tourney. It's the 3rd tier behind UCL and Europa League. Watching them get back to back drawing against a team in Azerbaijan and Moldova would be great.

Their fans are insufferable. They act like they're still a football superpower but they're tinpot and a big club in finances only. They were only involved in that stupid breakaway crap super league because of $$$ and nothing else. Surely not their play.

And I just laugh at situations like Jadon Sancho. Unless motivation #1-#100 was $$$ then he has to regret his decision to sign there.
Two fan bases I don’t like are United’s, and Liverpool’s. They think because they have history that they are entitled and no one else is allowed to win and make their own history. United had a $ advantage for a while, and now that other clubs have their own revenue streams, United fans can’t handle it. I know people don’t like Man City, PSG, and now New Castle because they are owned by a country, but I’m indifferent toward them. I just can’t stand the smug Man U Fans and Liverpool fans.

all that being said, I don’t like Chelsea fans either so…

Btw…I just looked it up. Man U has 7 first division titles outside of the ones they won with Sir Alex. Obviously they deserve credit for that…but without Sir Alex, they’re Aston Villa. That’s how many 1st Division titles villa has. They need to get off their high horse.

Man U has that huge American following because they were winning all those trophies under Sir Alex when tv here starting carrying EPL and Man U was the team that was always on. Then Man U was the first team into China and capture a piece of that market. Since Alex retired, I think the only trophy they won in the last 8-9 years is the Europa title that Jose Mourinho brought them.

Two fan bases I don’t like are United’s, and Liverpool’s. They think because they have history that they are entitled and no one else is allowed to win and make their own history. United had a $ advantage for a while, and now that other clubs have their own revenue streams, United fans can’t handle it. I know people don’t like Man City, PSG, and now New Castle because they are owned by a country, but I’m indifferent toward them. I just can’t stand the smug Man U Fans and Liverpool fans.

all that being said, I don’t like Chelsea fans either so…
fan bases are odd. People don't like Fulham's fanbase because we aren't wild, loud and crazy...and oh yeah, use clappers. Fulham is a family club. One of the few few clubs that have a semi-neutral section for away supporters.

I actually like Liverpool. I like Klopp and love Salah.

United is terrible. Sadly they'd never go down but I would love to see them relegated and play in front of 35,000 at the "theatre of shit"

Whats up guys. Found my way over here from a football thread. West Ham United fan. Somehow fell in love with them through my journey. Had a couple dicey years there but last couple have been nice. You guys go watch epl at any bars on the regular? You live in pgh?

Whats up guys. Found my way over here from a football thread. West Ham United fan. Somehow fell in love with them through my journey. Had a couple dicey years there but last couple have been nice. You guys go watch epl at any bars on the regular? You live in pgh?
Occasionally I go to Riley’s Pour House in Carnegie. They serve a good breakfast and have good bloody Mary’s. But they don’t get a soccer crowd. The Pittsburgh Blue’s ((chelsea supporters) used to go there but that fizzled away. I’d by up for meeting anyone here for a match. The FA Cup Final could be a good one.

btw, I hear West Ham linked with a player that was VERY intriguing but now I forget who it was. I don’t think it was Pulisic

speaking of Pulisic, there’s been a lot of talk that Juventus is interested. For anyone interested in adopting a team, that’s a good one if him and McKennie will be there together. Then again, they are also interested in Jorginho who won’t make those two better, and there’s no guarantees McKennie will be there either. Maybe it was McKennie to West Ham I was thinking about?

Reactions: O'Fries
City now has the best young goal scorer in the world. Haland is City bound. If the Pepster can't win CL next season, he should resign.

City now has the best young goal scorer in the world. Haland is City bound. If the Pepster can't win CL next season, he should resign.
This can go either way. Either they go undefeated in the league like Arsenal did a couple decades ago, or the entire dynamic of the team changes because having a dominant #9 is not something Pep and City are used to, and they somehow don’t win the league for once. I was talking with a buddy a few days ago about this and I’m thinking about betting him that City will actually score less goals next year.

I think they dominate. Haland is a game changer. I think he will become very dynamic with DeBruyne. How much does it hurt that he once was a Chelsea man?

Speaking of the devil, the sale went through it seems to the Dodgers owner?

And how about Dortmund, already reloading to be 2nd best in Germany.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they dominate. Haland is a game changer. I think he will become very dynamic with DeBruyne. How much does it hurt that he once was a Chelsea man?

Speaking of the devil, the sale went through it seems to the Dodgers owner?

And how about Dortmund, already reloading to be 2nd best in Germany.
It hurts. Of course. Mourinho sold Lukaku, Salah, and Debruyne. And while Lukaku isn’t exactly lighting the world in fire, we paid 100 million to buy him back.

then of course we let Declan Rice go and west Ham has him valued at 150 million which is insane. But still, if we want Rice we have to pay money to bring back a lifelong chelsea academy player. Personally my hope is we bring Conor Gallagher back next season instead. He won’t cost anything and he was just named Crystal Palace’s player of the year.

and now that the Todd Boehely sale went through, it’s time to rebuild the defense. We urgently need two center backs to replace Rudiger and Christensen. 15 months ago, their you g eplacements were here, but we sold them. In just one year, Tomori is now a top 3 CB in Italy, and Guehi is now a standout at Palace.

so it all makes me sick. We have arguably the best academy in the world and develop these players but then can’t hold onto a lot of them because they can’t break into the first team when they are ready.

next year we won’t be competing for any titles. We have to rebuild the defense, it’s time to revamp the midfield, and our attack isn’t exactly lighting the world on fire. Can’t do it all in one window.

The thing is, we lost Rudiger at CB because Marina Granovskaia, who does our transfer business, haggled over fees in resigning Rudiger. Then the sanction set in and we couldn’t negotiate any longer so we lost him. Man City on the other hand, has no problem with all of the ridiculous agent fees, etc that Haaland’s camp was demanding. I won’t complain about money. How could I, right? But Man City’s money is simply on a different level. Wait til New Castle starts buying. They have 400 billion under their couch cushions.

btw, we lost Christensen to Barca, which is no big deal because he gets menstral (truly) cramps before every match and isn’t dependable. Barcelona is also getting Azpilicueta and Alonso. These are 3 Chelsea reserves that are going to be in Barcelona’s back 4 next year? Good luck to them.

The thing is, we lost Rudiger at CB because Marina Granovskaia, who does our transfer business, haggled over fees in resigning Rudiger. Then the sanction set in and we couldn’t negotiate any longer so we lost him. Man City on the other hand, has no problem with all of the ridiculous agent fees, etc that Haaland’s camp was demanding. I won’t complain about money. How could I, right? But Man City’s money is simply on a different level. Wait til New Castle starts buying. They have 400 billion under their couch cushions.

btw, we lost Christensen to Barca, which is no big deal because he gets menstral (truly) cramps before every match and isn’t dependable. Barcelona is also getting Azpilicueta and Alonso. These are 3 Chelsea reserves that are going to be in Barcelona’s back 4 next year? Good luck to them.

Dest to become a reserve that can play on the left or right? I’d take it. Hate having another American on the squad for the Brits to bash…even though Dest isn’t really American.

West Ham offers Declan Rice new 8-year deal that would pay him 200k per week.

West Ham offers Declan Rice new 8-year deal that would pay him 200k per week.
I go back and forth on this. But I think he’s overvalued because he’s English. He might be worth 200K per week. But he’s not worth 150 million on a transfer fee. I mean, Haaland just went to City for 60mil.

I go back and forth on this. But I think he’s overvalued because he’s English. He might be worth 200K per week. But he’s not worth 150 million on a transfer fee. I mean, Haaland just went to City for 60mil.

I agree that he's not worth 150 million on a transfer fee, but the only reason that Haaland went for the price that he did is because he had a release clause in his contract. If Haaland didn't have a release clause his price would have been somewhere around eleventy-two billion.

Which is why agents insist on putting release clauses in top players contracts.

I agree that he's not worth 150 million on a transfer fee, but the only reason that Haaland went for the price that he did is because he had a release clause in his contract. If Haaland didn't have a release clause his price would have been somewhere around eleventy-two billion.

Which is why agents insist on putting release clauses in top players contracts.
I get that. But in any event, Rice turned down the 200k per week with West Ham. His people think he can get 300-400k per week and champions league football elsewhere. He’s always wanted to come back to Chelsea too and I think that’s part of the reason West Ham has him valued at 150mil, but for me as a fan I can see it right now.

I get that. But in any event, Rice turned down the 200k per week with West Ham. His people think he can get 300-400k per week and champions league football elsewhere. He’s always wanted to come back to Chelsea too and I think that’s part of the reason West Ham has him valued at 150mil, but for me as a fan I can see it right now.

I'm certainly not an EPL scout, but from what I've seen he's just not worth that much. Not the $150 million transfer fee and not the $300-$400K per week.

Come on Clarets. A win over Newcastle and they stay up.
I think this will be the year Burnley go down. They have seriously flirted with relegation the past 3 or 4 years only to pull a rabbit out of their hat the past month and safely stay up. I think their luck runs out today and the Fighting Jesse Marsch's stay up.

I'm certainly not an EPL scout, but from what I've seen he's just not worth that much. Not the $150 million transfer fee and not the $300-$400K per week.
I'm definitely not an EPL scout and there are very very few people worth these sums. Man City got gouged by Aston Villa when they bought Jackie Grealish for $100 million the other year. He's a nice little player but nothing more than a very poor man's version of Neymar. Petulant, always falling down, claiming he gets mugged everytime he gets touched. He is a little douchebag in all reality

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT