ADVERTISEMENT

Womens Champions League-2 Americans win

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Lyon beat Barcelona 3-1 to win the Champions League. Lindsey Horan and Catarina Macario started for Lyon and Macario became the 1st Us woman to score in a UCL final. It appears, at least to me, that Macario’s time is here and she might be an integral part of our WNT for the next decade.

I am a bit worried though as it seems womens football in Western Europe is growing and it’s only a matter of time that they pass us by. I think they certainly have passed us at the club level but still lag behind internationally. And with that state of Concacaf in the womens game being worse than it is in the mens game, it’s easy to see that UEFA is surging ahead.

Lyon beat Barcelona 3-1 to win the Champions League. Lindsey Horan and Catarina Macario started for Lyon and Macario became the 1st Us woman to score in a UCL final. It appears, at least to me, that Macario’s time is here and she might be an integral part of our WNT for the next decade.

I am a bit worried though as it seems womens football in Western Europe is growing and it’s only a matter of time that they pass us by. I think they certainly have passed us at the club level but still lag behind internationally. And with that state of Concacaf in the womens game being worse than it is in the mens game, it’s easy to see that UEFA is surging ahead.
Macario is going to be the face of US team for years to come. She is so skilled and savvy. I think once the old guard is gone she will flourish. Hopefully that will be as soon as next summer’s World Cup.

The next wave of US talent is fantastic. Trinity Rodman, Soph Smith, Jaelin Howell are basically on the scene now and the younger vets like Horan, Lavelle, Pugh and Mewis are really likeable, highly skilled players.

• Love
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT