ADVERTISEMENT

Are the Steelers-wannabe uniforms a certainty for today?

The players picked the unis. They love them....and are 5-0 this year when they wear the black

Reactions: 303vND
I don't care for them... and would love to see Pitt in the blue uni's assuming Xavier will be in white as higher ranked team. But if the blacks bring the W's... rock on.

Reactions: PittMan2003
Unless they change what they are wearing from warmups to the game (which they aren't going to do) we are wearing the black uniforms today.

The uniforms have nothing to do with wins and losses and the kids will be fine playing in the regular uniforms. Pitt spent way too long getting the colors back to go away from them so quickly. My thoughts on uniforms is I should be able to turn a game on and know instantly who is playing without looking at the score bug.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
The uniforms have nothing to do with wins and losses and the kids will be fine playing in the regular uniforms. Pitt spent way too long getting the colors back to go away from them so quickly. My thoughts on uniforms is I should be able to turn a game on and know instantly who is playing without looking at the score bug.

Yeah I think these need to go away. Fine for a game here and there but they aren’t our identity. And it makes us look like we’re trying to be like the local pro teams.

Not a big deal really but slightly irksome

Agreed. That was the problem with the previous football and basketball unis. Could have been a number of different teams playing. Now we know instantly what teams it is (unless they wear something else like black unis).

Reactions: Burgh15
I prefer the traditional Pitt script, but you never mess with the mojo of a winning streak. Now we can bury them or at least put Pitt on the front and use it once a year.

This is a serious HCJC flaw. He seems more focused of these types of issues. This program needs a staff that puts basketball first and instills winning over superstition. I’m still not sold on Capel even though they had a great season. Next year will tell the tale and determine the fate of Coach Capel.

If the players like it then that’s all that matters.
Well, I disagree. The school has official colors and brand/logo, these were chosen and designed for a reason, and that’s what the players should wear. All other things being equal about the material, fit, etc.

The black uniforms are quaint for a regular season special event game but that’s it.

Way too much is made about the players liking it. The players wouldn't even notice the difference if Pitt only had home and away uniforms.
See…that’s where you’re wrong. How do you think all these alternate/third uniforms came from? Young people like different looks - Oregon made it a recruitment tool before the rest of college athletics figured it out.

Well, I disagree. The school has official colors and brand/logo, these were chosen and designed for a reason, and that’s what the players should wear. All other things being equal about the material, fit, etc.

The black uniforms are quaint for a regular season special event game but that’s it.
Well…you don’t play so that’s that!

No thank you but I will ask, what is your logic behind the move? ( changing the name to Pittsburgh instead of Pitt did nothing but turn off the real followers)
The real followers stopped rooting for Pitt in 1997?

You sure about that?

No thank you but I will ask, what is your logic behind the move? ( changing the name to Pittsburgh instead of Pitt did nothing but turn off the real followers)
It's a troll take that even he doesn't agree with he's just bored starting nonsense. Don't bite. He's does this sometimes when he's bored... Stir it up to create a flood of posts. He knows no Pitt fans agrees with this... None.

Last edited:
Reactions: Parkview57
This is a serious HCJC flaw. He seems more focused of these types of issues. This program needs a staff that puts basketball first and instills winning over superstition.

If you think that Jeff Capel or any of the other coaches spent more than five seconds total thinking about which uniforms we should wear, and that not only that, but however many seconds they did think about it (if any at all) took his focus away from where it needed to be then the problem isn't with the coaches, or the color of the uniforms. It's with people trying to manufacture controversy to fit an agenda.

Well…you don’t play so that’s that!
See…that’s where you’re wrong. How do you think all these alternate/third uniforms came from? Young people like different looks - Oregon made it a recruitment tool before the rest of college athletics figured it out.
If five 5-star players commit to us and cite the Iowa uniforms we wore this week, then I’ll concede it was right to do it.

So all we have to do now is wait for that.

If you think that Jeff Capel or any of the other coaches spent more than five seconds total thinking about which uniforms we should wear, and that not only that, but however many seconds they did think about it (if any at all) took his focus away from where it needed to be then the problem isn't with the coaches, or the color of the uniforms. It's with people trying to manufacture controversy to fit an agenda.

That's because most coaches aren't going to be with the program 10-20 years down the road, so establishing and maintaining a brand is less important to them. Same with the players. And same with any AD who wants a quick change. In college sports however, the caretakers must be able to override the Steve Pederson's of the world from coming in and mucking things up.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
If five 5-star players commit to us and cite the Iowa uniforms we wore this week, then I’ll concede it was right to do it.

So all we have to do now is wait for that.
You‘re off base and missIng the point - it’s about choices…not standard garb.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT