ADVERTISEMENT

Are we done with the Exodus?

TWPitt

Senior
Gold Member
Mar 18, 2018
That is the real question -- is X and Toney are gone? is this over or is there more still to come ?

That is the real question -- is X and Toney are gone? is this over or is there more still to come ?

More.

In order of rank:

1. Drumgoole
2. Horton
3. Jeffress
4. Collier

Not including Brown and Nike, I predict at least 2 more.

i cannot see jeffress staying here.

champ would be returning to a dumpster fire and Europe or the d league is calling

Reactions: iMissTheOldDayss
At this point, why would anyone stay with Capel as coach? He's a lame duck. It may take a few years due to cost, but he'll be fired before his contact expires.

• Haha
Reactions: TheFormula
I am hearing there is one more on the fence, I have no idea if its true, or who it may be.

So you think Champagnie is an nba roster guy? Care to wager?
exactly i am with you on this. he may get drafted but that doesnt mean he ends up on a roster. i dont see how he is not a d league guy

There are guys in the G league who are head and shoulders better than Champ and it is not even close. I wish Champ the best and think he needs to go if he will get drafted but he will never make an NBA roster.

Reactions: caleco's
Why do you guys think Champagnie won't make a roster?

I wouldn't want to bet on him either way. He's smooth and what he does now, at times seems so effortless. I can't help but think there is a lot of upside, and I could see him putting in the work to improve his game to that level.

Why do you guys think Champagnie won't make a roster?

I wouldn't want to bet on him either way. He's smooth and what he does now, at times seems so effortless. I can't help but think there is a lot of upside, and I could see him putting in the work to improve his game to that level.

too incomplete right now. it really shows on d and his one on one skills. he has development written all over him.

Agree about his defense and skills. I think he can improve both significantly between now and next season though.

exactly he hasnt hit his ceiling for sure. it reminds of the fb board and every year we x # of draft picks and they are in the first 4 rounds. then draft day 2 guys go below the 5th.

the jordan whitehead is a sure fire first rounder was blasted for 2 years.

we have glasses on this board. one lense is blue the other is gold.

So you think Champagnie is an nba roster guy? Care to wager?

He doesn't have to "make" a roster. He will make $435K next year at worse on a 2 way deal. He will have a full year to "develop" while making a sh!t ton of money for a 20 year old.

Why would Jeffress leave already?

my conjecture on this is we had three talented guys leave. only toney showed some improvement. next year looks to be bad. the possibility of not getting good coaching on what will be bad teams cant loook good to him. he can leave and has 4 years to play elsewhere

thats what would be running in my head if i were him. not saying it will happen just saying it wouldn't surprise me

my conjecture on this is we had three talented guys leave. only toney showed some improvement. next year looks to be bad. the possibility of not getting good coaching on what will be bad teams cant loook good to him. he can leave and has 4 years to play elsewhere

thats what would be running in my head if i were him. not saying it will happen just saying it wouldn't surprise me
I get that. To play devil’s advocate though, if I’m him I wait a year to even think about that. He should be playing a lot next season. If he doesn’t like how things are going, he’d still have potentially 3 years elsewhere. He could even leave after the 1st semester if he thinks it’s really bad. I just don’t see the point personally in him transferring this early in his career. If he plays well next season the list of schools interested would probably be significantly bigger.

He was smooth through January. He looks like shit thereafter and 30% of his rebounds are on his own short misses.

he was bound to regress but I also think some is attributed to the amount of min played especially being out then coming right back into 30+ min a night

he was bound to regress but I also think some is attributed to the amount of min played especially being out then coming right back into 30+ min a night
Yeah. He's playing banged up for sure. He's definitely hasn't played like a first team ACC guy since he reached his peak, though.

exactly he hasnt hit his ceiling for sure. it reminds of the fb board and every year we x # of draft picks and they are in the first 4 rounds. then draft day 2 guys go below the 5th.

the jordan whitehead is a sure fire first rounder was blasted for 2 years.

we have glasses on this board. one lense is blue the other is gold.

To be fair to Whitehead, he's been a 3 year starter and 2 of those years he played at a pretty high level. Also just won a Super Bowl. So even if he wasn't a Day 1 NFL Draft pick, those people who said he'd be a good NFL player were vindicated IMO.

To be fair to Whitehead, he's been a 3 year starter and 2 of those years he played at a pretty high level. Also just won a Super Bowl. So even if he wasn't a Day 1 NFL Draft pick, those people who said he'd be a good NFL player were vindicated IMO.

you didnt understand what i was saying. it has nothing about what he does in the pros its the board perception vs what the actual league scouts say. They 2 opinioms couldn't be further apart.

you didnt understand what i was saying. it has nothing about what he does in the pros its the board perception vs what the actual league scouts say. They 2 opinioms couldn't be further apart.

1) I don't think the consensus here was that Whitehead was a 1st round pick. We thought Whitehead was an NFL player and he is.
2) It's pretty hard to be a 1st round safety. There are 5 since 2018 (with a projected 0 or 1 in 2021) and 3 of them are busts. I'd argue that Whitehead is better than any of them except Minkah and maybe Derwin James, who is hurt all the time.
3) The NFL gets players wrong all the damn time. Henry Ruggs was the 1st WR taken last year lol. The Texans have run off two hall of fame players in the last 15 months. I don't think it's that significant that Pitt fans thought Whitehead was a top 60-90 player and the NFL thought Whitehead was a top 115 player.

Reactions: Parkview57
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT